5.0 out of 5 stars The best tea I've ever had

Published on July 30, 2011 by Me2

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tea I've ever had, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
I am a coffee drinker. I don't drink tea. However, I've tried various teas because I enjoy switching to tea when I'm not in the mood to caffeine. I tried Green Tea's but they actually made me very sick. I must have an adverse reaction to the strong chemicals in Green Tea, because I cannot stomach it in the morning. When I drink it, I get a headache and a strong stomach ache that lasts for about 5 hours. Green tea = toxic effect. Now, I could build up a tolerance to Green Tea, but I'd much rather not endure that much sickness. Green Tea also tastes awful in my opinion.

By accident I purchased this tea from Walmart, where it is always sold out, because it seems to be the most popular tea at the local Walmart I go to. When I first tried this tea I was hooked. It has a sweet fragrant aroma, but not an overpowering fragrance. I don't like bitter teas, and this isn't bitter. It is a very nice flavor that I cannot describe. However, it makes the best hot or cold tea. My G/F who is not a tea drinker opened a bottle of ICED tea I made with this "Calm" tea. She said it was the best iced tea she had ever drank. She immediately wanted to buy more of this tea so we could make dozens of bottles of iced tea. For many months we drank only the "Calm" iced tea instead of regular water, because it gives the water such a soothing aroma and sweet taste. Only 1 tea bag per 2 liters of water is required and the water gets a very gentle aromatic flavor that is the best iced tea I've ever had.

I really love this tea. The only thing it could use more of is some licorice, because I prefer a sweeter taste. But you can put a small spoon of sugar in this and it is the most enjoyable sweet treat. Yes, I know I'm not a real hardcore tea enthusiast, and maybe I shouldn't be writing any reviews on tea, but I just wanted to compliment this tea and I hope it never goes away!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Chamomile Tea, September 14, 2006
****
Tazo's Calm Herbal Infusion is a nice chamomile tea. I taste the chamomile and some flavorings, and they are not unpleasant, just hard to pin down as to what they are besides the chamomile. In general I'm not a big fan of tea with flavorings added, preferring the subtleness and authentic taste of the real thing.

The ingredients in Calm are: chamomile flowers, hibiscus flowers, spearmint, lemongrass, rose petals, blackberry leaves, safflowers, peppermint, sarsaparilla, lemon balm, licorice and natural flavors. It is caffeine-free!

Tazo is an interesting company that makes only super premium teas. They are socially responsible, based in Portland, and have the motto, "The Reincarnation of Tea". Tazo is owned by Starbucks. Their web site is fun and quirky, with a Zen-type focus, definitely worth checking out. It is unclear, though, from their web site, how many of their ingredients are organic or kosher, and they do use some "natural flavors" in their teas--this wording seems a little vague for a super premium tea.

On the paper tea packet, Tazo writes, "a soothing blend of chamomile blossoms and other relaxing herbs." On their web site, Tazo describes the flavor profile of Calm as "creamy, floral, minty, toasty, sweet, honey-like. As the name gently implies, Tazo Calm has a lovely floral bouquet with an apple-like flavor and distinct toasty notes. Naturally sweet in a nice light way, with a smooth finish". Tazo describes the aroma as "minty, hay like, rose". I don't taste all of these various flavors, but I do taste the chamomile, and it is fine, not overwhelming or as artificial tasting as several of the other Tazo teas I've sampled.

I would rate this tea, and Tazo in general, as good---better than premium teas like Stash or Celestial Seasonings---but not as good as Numi. I'm soooooo spoiled by Numi teas, which is why Tazo Calm gets only four stars.
****

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful tea!, June 21, 2007
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
There has been a lot of upheaval in my life, lately, so you know that I have needed a tea called "Calm." This particular tea, by Tazo, has great ingredients (chamomile blossoms, hibiscus flowers, spearmint leaves, rose petals, blackberry leaves, peppermint leaves, safflower, lemon balm, lemon grass and natural flavorings). I can definitely see why this is supposed to calm you down. Chamomile has calming properties that soothe me into feeling more at peace (just not so much that it feels like I have been induced). I could definitely taste the rose petals and most of the other ingredients I mentioned above. I am so glad that some products (like tea), especially from Tazo, have remained untampered with and are still made with ingredients we can easily pronounce and are derived from nature. I highly reccomend this tea when you are feeling stressed, need a little "tea escape" or for any reason at all, really.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but just a little below starbucks, March 23, 2013
C. Candy (NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
This is nice tea, but it is not as good as the version you get in the actual Starbucks stores. It is not s chunky as the store version and, for some reason, just a little below it in taste. My wife just found out that you can buy the better one in a box or tin at the store, so that's probably what we will do from now on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Ones in Starbucks, July 30, 2011
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
This is a higher quality chamomile tea than, say, Celestial Seasonings but is NOT the one they sell at Starbucks. Beware. This is a dried, chopped tea with a different recipe and different amounts of ingredients than the same label at a Starbucks, and the tea is in "filterbags." Just look at the ingredient list to see. I don't know why Tazo sells this; it's confusing and piggybacks on the reputation that the beautiful whole leaf teas with their intense flavor have. If you want the ones from Starbucks, order Tazo "full leaf" teas which are something like a dime more per bag; well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anxiety? Try this., August 23, 2013
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
If you have built up stress and anxiety from work and everyday life. Get yourself some Chamomile tea. I started trying Calm tea because I used to work at starbucks and it always used to soothe me, but that was before my anxiety.

When I start to feel real anxious and antsy at work I drink one cup of this and helps me within minutes. Any type of chamomile tea is good, but I always come back to this brand because it feels like it has strong leaves in it, and not looking like leaves that were shredded a million times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tazo's "Calm" Tea, January 19, 2004
Amazon Customer (Annapolis, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
Outstanding! And it was soooooo nice to savor all the infused flavors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 13, 2014
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
This was different from what I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tazo Tea, very good, as expected, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
I would like the Tazo Calm Tea to be a bit stronger, but overall, it's very good. It was received in a reasonable time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent!, January 26, 2009
holly Becka "holly" (portland, maine usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tazo Calm Tea, 24 Tea Bags (Misc.)
This is quite simply my favorite tea! Although I much prefer the loose tea to the bags- it is so convenient to be able to carry them around!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›