Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 25, 2014
Tazo's Earl Grey is a splendid example of what a good-quality Earl Grey should be. In addition to great quality, it is also very affordable. I find myself liking most of Tazo's teas. As a general rule, they seem to offer a great balance of quality and affordability. Both of these traits are important to me.

Earl Grey is one of my favorite black teas. As you probably already know, Earl Grey is one of the 'lighter' and more 'delicate' black teas. Mixed with a small amount of a citrus fruit called bergamot (a type of sour orange), it's generally best drank with a small amount of sugar or without anything at all (stronger flavor changers will quickly overpower the bergamot.) This carries over to a classic black tea taste, but with a unique citrus hint. Despite being a delicate tea, it is high in caffeine. Tazo's Earl Grey seems to be notably high in caffeine, and it is one of the stronger Earl Grey teas I have had...I assume part of this is because they put a generous amount of tea in each teabag. This allows each bag to brew an XL-size cup of tea without resulting in weaker tea, which is a huge plus for me.

Tazo's Earl Grey uses quality ingredients (black tea and bergamot essence.) Earl Grey that is less-expensive often uses a "bergamot flavor" instead of actual bergamot (as it's expensive.) And while many of these teas are very good considering the price, "bergamot flavor" has a different flavor than real bergamot. Tazo's Earl Grey uses real bergamot essence (which you can see from the yellow-colored tea bag)...and yet it is priced about the same as many lower-quality Earl Grey's. The base quality of the black tea that Tazo uses is also very good, as you can see from the images I have uploaded. It has the correct appearance. It has the exact scents that Earl Grey should have. And, most importantly, it has the right taste. Not many Earl Grey's in this price range will have tea that looks, smells, and tastes this good.

It is worth noting that Tazo redesigned their teabags a few years ago...their earlier designs had some issues with breaking, but the current tea bags they use are quite strong.

So if you want a good Earl Grey that is affordable, this is a great choice.
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 12, 2014
Although I have always been a bit of a tea snob, I love this tea! The bags brew so much better than the aluminum tin in the silk bag by the same company. These also seem to have more of the bergamot and lavendar flavor!
on April 7, 2016
I really like this brand of tea. My husband really likes it for the caffeine and I drink it when I wish not to drink coffee. My only complaint is that I had to order it twice and call Amazon before I got the correct order. My first order ended up being the wrong item but I kept it anyways and reordered. Then somehow I got one of six of the boxes. I called Amazon and the guy was helpful and resent the order to me. So the third time was finally correct. Not sure how I feel about trying to purchase this item again here though.
on April 16, 2011
The tea is really good. You can try it at Starbucks if you're not sure you want to make the jump into 144 bags.

My only comment against buying this product here is that you can often find individual boxes with a lower unit cost at Target. We frequently see it at the one near our house for $2.90 per box of 20 or 14.5 cents per bag. Amazon offers great savings compared to many other retailers, but you might want to check around first.

I know that I'd be buying from Amazon if they offered "Subscribe and Save" on this.
on April 30, 2015
I'm not a tea snob by any means, but I know what my taste buds like. I've tried Earl Grey in the past and loved it, but this stuff, Tazo? Worst Earl Grey blend I have ever tasted. Don't waste your money!
on August 21, 2015
TAZO Earl Grey used to be a rich-bodied, fantastic tea. In fact, my husband and I would make a large cup with only one tea bag and then pour the liquid into two smaller cups: the taste was robustly delicious. Fast forward to the past year or so. Sadly, the blend has been exceedingly weakened and tastes like dishwater: even two bags in a medium cup seems unpleasantly diluted. I used to go out of my way to buy this tea, now I cannot wait until the box I have is empty (so I can find a better product).

Why would TAZO change up a winner? It really is a shame.
on July 30, 2015
This is my favorite brand of Earl Grey tea by far! I don't know what it is about Tazo, but their Earl Grey tastes unique from other brands. Aside from this one flavor from this one brand I do not have brand loyalty with any other type of tea - I like everything! I recently moved to a new state and I could not find this tea ANYWHERE in stores! I missed it so much, after a month I had to order some online. It was just as fresh as if I had bought it at the grocery store as I normally would. Wonderful!
on July 19, 2013
I drink 3-4 glasses of iced tea daily due to dietary restrictions. I'm kind of fussy about the taste so this brand is the one I prefer. Nice to be able to brew my own and save 75% of the cost as compared to purchasing the drink through Starbucks.
on December 8, 2012
Great Earl Grey - Have used exclusively for many years.
Keep in mind that the tea bag itself does not change the flavor as others do.
This is infused earl grey that does NOT taste like sweet perfume was added to blend.
Thank you for making this earl grey. Great Price!
on December 11, 2012
this is a great tasting tea especially in tazo brand. We had been served tazo by a friend and loved it, found it on Amazon and
ordered. Usual great service from them and now have been regular customer of tazo teas. P.S. earl gray is the best.