5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea, priced a bit high on Amazon
The tea is really good. You can try it at Starbucks if you're not sure you want to make the jump into 144 bags.

Published on April 16, 2011 by Amir Mikhak

2.0 out of 5 stars Great tea usually, but this lot was stale
This is usually very good tea, but the box I opened had bag discoloration and takes FOREVER to steep. I can only assume its been sitting on a shelf somewhere for too long.
Published on February 19, 2012 by Richard Bullwinkle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea, priced a bit high on Amazon, April 16, 2011
Amir Mikhak (Cambridge, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tazo Earl Grey Filter Bag Tea, 24-Count Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)

My only comment against buying this product here is that you can often find individual boxes with a lower unit cost at Target. We frequently see it at the one near our house for $2.90 per box of 20 or 14.5 cents per bag. Amazon offers great savings compared to many other retailers, but you might want to check around first.

I know that I'd be buying from Amazon if they offered "Subscribe and Save" on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars taste of floral but it is still black tea..., April 8, 2013
I really like this earl grey.
May be it is too perfuemy for someone but to me, It tastes so great.
It smells and tastes more lavender than bergamot.
After I drink three cups, I feel like i'm surrounding lavenders and my mouth is full of lavenders.

If you want pure bergamot, you should try tayler's harrogate. It has pure bergamot flavor in to it. It smells very good and so fresh.

But for tastwise I really like tazo earl grey. It is so lovely...^^

4.0 out of 5 stars very good earl flavor, the classic earl grey., February 7, 2012
cheaper and more accessible than going to Starbucks. this is the earl grey, the best start for a long day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tazo's Earl Grey is Earl Grey done right...it is a great quality black tea that uses real bergamot essence, yet is affordable., November 25, 2014
Tazo's Earl Grey is a splendid example of what a good-quality Earl Grey should be. In addition to great quality, it is also very affordable. I find myself liking most of Tazo's teas. As a general rule, they seem to offer a great balance of quality and affordability. Both of these traits are important to me.

Earl Grey is one of my favorite black teas. As you probably already know, Earl Grey is one of the 'lighter' and more 'delicate' black teas. Mixed with a small amount of a citrus fruit called bergamot (a type of sour orange), it's generally best drank with a small amount of sugar or without anything at all (stronger flavor changers will quickly overpower the bergamot.) This carries over to a classic black tea taste, but with a unique citrus hint. Despite being a delicate tea, it is high in caffeine. Tazo's Earl Grey seems to be notably high in caffeine, and it is one of the stronger Earl Grey teas I have had...I assume part of this is because they put a generous amount of tea in each teabag. This allows each bag to brew an XL-size cup of tea without resulting in weaker tea, which is a huge plus for me.

Tazo's Earl Grey uses quality ingredients (black tea and bergamot essence.) Earl Grey that is less-expensive often uses a "bergamot flavor" instead of actual bergamot (as it's expensive.) And while many of these teas are very good considering the price, "bergamot flavor" has a different flavor than real bergamot. Tazo's Earl Grey uses real bergamot essence (which you can see from the yellow-colored tea bag)...and yet it is priced about the same as many lower-quality Earl Grey's. The base quality of the black tea that Tazo uses is also very good, as you can see from the images I have uploaded. It has the correct appearance. It has the exact scents that Earl Grey should have. And, most importantly, it has the right taste. Not many Earl Grey's in this price range will have tea that looks, smells, and tastes this good.

It is worth noting that Tazo redesigned their teabags a few years ago...their earlier designs had some issues with breaking, but the current tea bags they use are quite strong.

So if you want a good Earl Grey that is affordable, this is a great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Earl Grey, February 12, 2014
Although I have always been a bit of a tea snob, I love this tea! The bags brew so much better than the aluminum tin in the silk bag by the same company. These also seem to have more of the bergamot and lavendar flavor!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great tea usually, but this lot was stale, February 19, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Near expiration date for freshness, September 22, 2013
The product matched the description, but I just bought a lot of tea that has a shelf life of one month. It will take me over 2 years to consume it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Earl Grey Tea, June 24, 2014
I love this tea! I've been drinking it daily for about 7 years. It's delicious, and I find it comforting. I mix it with the Tazo Awake (3 to 1 ratio), and then I brew it by itself for 5 min. and with the Awake for 5 more. Lastly, I mix it with ice and/or water for a most delightful drink year 'round. I've tried many other brands, but find none as rich with bergomot, yet still mellow. I won't drink any other Earl Grey. It smells so good while it's being brewed that it makes me smile. I even keep the spent tea bags in the sink for a while just to enjoy the fragrance. Obviously I'm a true fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful earl grey tea, August 29, 2013
This is one of my favorite earl grey teas. It has just enough citrusy bergamont to make it tasty, but not so much that it's overwhelming (like the stash double bergamont tea does). Like other tazo teas, it has less bitterness than cheaper teas. I like to drink it with soy/almond milk and sugar. I find that it overwhelms other tastes a bit, so I think it is best enjoyed alone rather than with food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iced Tea Drinker, July 19, 2013
I drink 3-4 glasses of iced tea daily due to dietary restrictions. I'm kind of fussy about the taste so this brand is the one I prefer. Nice to be able to brew my own and save 75% of the cost as compared to purchasing the drink through Starbucks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›