Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

50%
50%

***
Tazo's Earl Grey Black Tea is very perfumy. I am used to drinking super-premium teas that have the real bergamot added, not the essence. So this tea tasted to me like regular black tea with a very, very strong bergamot-like flavor. I definitely did not care for it, although I love Earl Grey teas in general. On the paper tea packet, Tazo writes, "a more aromatic version of the Earl's traditional black tea scented with the essence of bergamot". To me it was contrived and chemical-ly.

Also, be careful of letting this tea brew too long accidently. Even a few minutes too long results in a bitter, bitter tea, reminiscent of orange pekoe with a strong perfume added. What a letdown! Even properly brewed, though, this tea cannot, in my opinion, warrant more than three stars.

The ingredients in Earl Grey are just black teas and bergamot essence.

Tazo is an interesting company that makes premium teas. They are socially responsible, based in Portland, and have the motto, "The Reincarnation of Tea". Tazo is owned by Starbucks. Their web site is fun and quirky, with a Zen-type focus, definitely worth checking out. It is unclear, though, from their web site, how many of their ingredients are organic or kosher, and they do use some "natural flavors" in their teas--this wording seems a little vague for premium tea.

Instead of Tazo's Earl Grey, I would highly recommend Numi Earl Grey, which does not disappoint in any way and is comparable in cost.

Not recommended, unless you don't mind somewhat artificial and chemical flavors in your tea.
***
on November 6, 2013
This is my favorite black tea! It is so smooth and has a light floral note from the bergamot. It has been my "go to" tea for years. I am an avid tea drinker, and its not uncommon for me to drink 5+ cups a day. I enjoy most of the Tazo flavors, but this, Calm and Refresh are my favorites!