Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Primula Tea Bag Buddy - Easy to Use - Mess Free - Multipurpose - 100% Silicone - Green
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 20, 2012
This really is one of those things that I didn't know I needed until I got used to using it. Basically, you string up your teabag through the little slot at the top, with the tag on the side opposite the outer slit. You let your tea steep for however long you like, and when you're ready, you can pull the tag and draw the teabag up right next to the Buddy. Then you flip it over and use the same hand or the opposite hand to squeeze, depending on your personal dexterity and preference, getting out all of the flavorful tea mixed in with the bag. You can then flip the buddy upside down and use it as a nice tea bag holder. It doesn't require any cleaning beyond a quick rinse in the sink, and then it's ready to reuse! It will also keep your tea pretty warm for a good long time if you're not drinking it immediately.

The silicone seems to be of good quality. It reminds me of a silicone muffin tray that I have, flexible but sturdy. It doesn't transfer much heat at all, so you won't burn yourself even when squeezing a fresh, hot teabag.

If you're a regular tea drinker and you don't like to dirty a saucer every time you drink tea, this is a fantastic product. It would be less useful for those who use tea bags without strings or who prefer looseleaf tea, but otherwise, I highly recommend this product.

Pros:
- Nonstaining, easy to clean
- Excellent for squeezing out the last of the tea
- Great way to store the used tea bag so you don't have to leave it in and get bitter tea
- Keeps tea warm until you're ready to take out the bag
- Nice colors

Cons:
- Not very useful for bags without strings (e.g. PG Tips)
- Useless for loose leaf tea (unless you're using disposable tea bags)

Overall, 5/5! This is a great product.
on September 28, 2011
This is a really good idea. It actually solves a problem I have with making a mess out of making a simple cup/s of tea. Primula makes several differnt versions of this item. I have the Flowering Tea Pot they make too!
on December 16, 2012
The product itself is great. It's a nice, heavy silicone that is very flexible, has a nice feel, and creates a nice seal when you put it on top of your teacup to keep it hot. I'm not happy about the appearance of it when it arrived: the lime green color had faded to a drab olive. You could see on the underside that it had been the color shown in the photograph at one time, but it had gradually faded. I don't know if that's a fault with the product itself or if I just got sent one that's defective. Fortunately it was a gift and the person who received it liked the faded color better than if it had been brighter, otherwise I would have returned it.
on January 16, 2016
This tea bag buddy is exactly what i needed, it does exactly what it is suppose to do... holds the tea bag string nicely and helps the tea to brew good in the hot water by keeping the cup covered. the material is a very flexible silicone material, easy to hold onto and easy to squeeze out the used tea bags to be sure you are getting the very last drop of flavor from your bag. This is also very east to clean afterwards, just rinse it off in running water.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 6, 2013
After practicing with this for about a week I'm still having some problems with liquid shooting off the edge of the cup. The best way I've found to use this is as follows: when the tea is brewed pull the teabag to the right as far as it will go and then tilt the buddy vertically--straight up--and tilt until the bag is securely underneath the buddy and squeeze. Most of the time this will work perfectly, but you have to be aware that the bag might spurt out extra liquid. Otherwise, you can just use it as a lid.
on January 23, 2014
I bought a pack of 2 of these from my local Marshall's and paid about $2-$3!! Since I drink tea twice a day I became quite attached to these so I decided to look them up and to find they are almost $7 a piece is crazy!! And that is the only reason I give them 4 stars.

Now it's time for me to sing their praises-- they are soooo great!! You let your tea steep and use them to squeeze the tea bag and it won't burn your hand. It hooks onto the tea bag anddd it will keep your tea warm for double the amount of time without one. My tea cup is wide mouthed so when I go down the stairs it sloshes around with this cover it seriously keeps the tea from spilling.
I love this thing I really don't know how I have gotten along so far without it!!
on September 4, 2013
Luckily, when searching for a new tea bag squeezer, this product came up. It works really well as a bag squeezer (although, understandably, if your tea water is really hot, your fingertips can get quite hot).

The add on features of holding the tea bag string and retaining heat while seeping are nice to have, and work well too. But as a squeezer this is superb by being easy to use, and clean and store.

I bought a package of six, but foolishly gave five away to some dedicated tea drinkers. Since tea is my preferred beverage when I'm out, I'll probably get another to bag and keep in my purse. So there will be no more wrapping the string around a spoon at various food stops.
on January 15, 2016
I use this every day. When I have a tea bag it's great that the string is held in place and covers my cup to keep it hot while steeping. Then the silicone is flexible so that I can squeeze the teabag to allow more tea to be extracted from the bag. I even use this when I steep loose tea in a tea strainer, by placing it on top of the cup to keep it hot while steeping. This is a great invention! Easy to use and it works!!!
on January 17, 2016
This thing is fantastic. It's such a silly little item, I almost didn't buy it. But boy, is it worth it! Using a standard mug, it covers the top completely so none of the steam escapes. It holds the tea bag tightly (haven't had one fall in yet). Squeezes the tea bag very nicely when finished, and holds the tea bag so I can reuse it (I usually brew 2 cups from one bag). Mess free and easy to clean.
on June 17, 2013
This was a stocking-stuffer type gift for a family member I see only annually. So I haven't had his direct report, but having made this purchase on a whim, when I looked it over before wrapping it up, I felt it looked like a useful way to manage one's tea bag without having to put fingers into hot liquid. And it's washable. Cute and useful for the tea-lover who uses bags.