Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Tea/Hot Chocolate with Ekobrew? Is this possible?
asked by Lee C. Hee on September 26, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
It Should except I like to steep my black tea's for 5 minutes or so...will have to try it though when mine gets here (already ordered it but hasnt arrived yet) as I buy my loose Tea from Harney & Sons in bulk.
Darryl answered on October 28, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
For hot cocoa just use the Keurig to get hot water and make cocoa like you would without a keurig. No reason to use a Ekobrew or k-cup or anything. All the cocoa k-cups are is just powered cocoa mix inside of a plastic cup.
Aaron B answered on October 30, 2011
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think you got it right there, for Tea or Hot Cocoa which just need hot water there isn't enough reason as I see it to use the K-Cup brewer.
Darryl answered on October 30, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I never thought about just putting my hot chocolate in the cup and using it that way. Thanks. I tried the k cup hot chocolate cups but like the Cold stone creamery packets much better and much cheaper. Thanks for the great idea.
Sharon C. Young answered on November 19, 2011

A
I don't know about hot chocolate, but I use it for tea all the time. I place a tea bag (usually Teatly British Blend round tea bags), centered in the bottom of the ecobrew. Makes a great cup of tea, even on the large cup setting. I will also often place a fruit flavored herbal tea bag on top of the regular tea bag (fits fine, no problem), and have a great cup of flavored tea. Hope this helps.
Michele answered on February 3, 2012
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Glad to hear that tea bags work well in this. I got a Keurig for Christmas, and I have tons of tea bags still! I ordered the ecobrew so I can stick a tea bag in it. I'll order k-cups for coffee, as I'm not a major coffee connoisseur! But I will probably still buy tea bags and use them in the ecobrew. Glad to know it works...thanks, Michele!
K. Brooks answered on December 26, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would not put tea into it because tea needs several minutes to soak and brew. I did have some flavorings in k cups I opened up and mixed into my own coffee, and this was fine. I see no point in putting that stuff into the ekobrew when it belongs just in the cup.
Margaret Candace McNearny answered on December 27, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I fill the Ekobrew with loose leaf tea to the middle line (the piece of plastic between the two side filter screens) and it works great.
Starlyte answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Janet Arida answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can you do Iced tea with the ekobrew?
HGONZ answered on March 1, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product