5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes just like the Tazo Awake tea bags
Published on February 13, 2012 by Angela Streiff

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tea, but too expensive
As previously stated, too expensive per cup. The tea is excellent. It's strong like I like it, but completely overpriced when you consider you can get a box of 20 tea bags for $4.00. Buy yourself a box and save the money. Use the Keurig machine for coffee.
Published on March 25, 2012 by Daniel C. Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes just like the Tazo Awake tea bags, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Tazo Tea K-Cup Awake, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 10- Count (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
If you enjoy the bold black tea Awake made by Tazo, you're going to love it just as much in these super convenient K-Cups. You get the exact same great strong flavor as you do from using the tea bags. I like my tea strong, and I find I can actually make about 1 and a half mugs of tea from each of these K-Cups, and still get a good strength. Another cheaper option is simply buying a box of the Tazo Awake tea bags and just use your Keurig to make the hot water for your tea, then just add a tea bag to it. But if you like using the K-Cups, you will be happy with the cup of tea these produce. I've used up about half of one of these boxes so far, and only once did I end up with any tea leave in my cup. There were just a few, and it only happened one time so far, so I think it's not that common an occurrence. It didn't affect the cup of tea at all, I just always check to see when I'm trying out new K-Cups how clear of a drink they produce. In all, Tazo has produced a better of a cup of tea than I've brewed from other brands of K-Cups, such as Twinings Earl Grey, which came out cloudy and weak.

For those unfamiliar with the taste of this blend, it's a strong black tea with no real flavors to speak of. There's no citrus, no sweetness, nothing like that. If I was to compare it to coffee, it would be like a basic, black coffee with nothing added to it. Because of it's simple taste, this is a great anytime tea and a great replacement for coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tea, but too expensive, March 25, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, Strong, Expensive!, March 8, 2012
W. R. Jones (New Port Richey, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This tea might be the best K-cup cup of tea you can buy... it's tasty and strong, yet not bitter. However, it is Twice the price of other tea K-cups, over a dollar a cup.
I would suggest that this 100% price explosion is more to do with the name Starbucks than the cost of the K-cup, if you are okay with paying for a name or price is no object, stock up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea, April 28, 2013
Every cup is the same, morning after morning. I love this tea but it is expensive. But at Walmart now it's cheaper!

5.0 out of 5 stars As Advertised, April 17, 2013
Awake Tea is well named. It's my favorite morning jolt. It tastes good, I add a little honey. It wakes you up without jitters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 2, 2013
I only got one cup and it was fantastic. The rest my boyfriend loved so much he drank it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Iced Tea..., September 24, 2012
Pigs (Indianapolis) - See all my reviews
I just started making iced drinks with my Keurig - based on another review, I tried Tazo Awake for iced tea, and it's great - I use 16ozs. of water per K-Cup - you can make it stronger if you like, of course

5.0 out of 5 stars Best K-Cup Black Tea on the market, June 3, 2012
If you're a tea connoisseur like myself, you will find that Tazo "Awake" black tea, is the best tea K-cup on the market. Other brands are incomparable in taste and quality. It's true, that it's a little pricier than other brands, but you get what you pay for. Tazo black tea has a bold taste without the bitterness that often accompanies strong black teas. So far, this is the best black tea K-cup that is available. I'm hoping that Revolution comes out with their version of the K-cup because that is my favorite bagged black tea and I'm curious if their K-cup will be able to beat out Tazo. However, for now, Tazo definitely has a corner on the tea K-cup market.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good taste but too expensive, April 21, 2012
I just got a Keurig machine and as a lover of Assam tea I was looking for a similar tea for the machine. I love the way I can quickly get a cup of tea from the machine, but it's significantly cheaper (and just as good in my opinion) to put a tea bag into the "basket" that comes with the Keurig machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite...just like Starbucks., April 5, 2012
I love this Tea. I have rebought this now 4 times. It is just like at STarbucks with out the high price. My K-cup gets a workout. I love it!

Rate and Discover Movies