4.0 out of 5 stars Our copy is well used.
This little book has fun with words. From digging a hole to standing on top of someone's thumb, we follow along as the dog learns a lot of words and concepts. We learn opposites: dark/light, day/night, here/there; we learn colors; we learn actions: wash your ears, scratch your head, blow your nose; we learn silliness: kiss the goose, clean the zoo.
The pictures lend...
Published on April 17, 2001 by a_mom

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok book
My 19-month old daughter is still into the flipping the pages of different books but this book does not seem to catch her eye.
Published on May 13, 2009 by Teresa Sterling

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Our copy is well used., April 17, 2001
This review is from: I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words (Bright & Early Board Books(TM)) (Board book)
The pictures lend themselves well to pointing out objects and asking children questions. Yet they are simple enough not to be distracting.
Our one year old requests this book quite often, as did his brother well into his 2's. It's the perfect size for little hands. It travels well, too. Our oldest was able to describe the illustrations just enough that we could use the book to spur conversations while in the car, making car rides more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our son's favorite, July 23, 2008
I have both the board book and the original with 100 words and I can tell you that the board book is way better for the under 2 crowd. Not only are the pages rip-proof, but it also includes all the cutest rhymes (kissing goose, painting underwear, etc.) which children will love. This has been one of my son's favorites ever since he started looking at books and he is now almost 2. Are you kidding -- a dog doing all sorts of fun things like begging for ice cream, blowing his nose, mowing the lawn and taking a bath? What more could a toddler want from a book? This book has also held its appeal for the longest time of all our books, and as he gets older he notices other items which didn't interest him before. I never read the books to him because he didn't like me reading the words to books anyway (go figure!), but we do talk about the items in the book so he still learns all the words. Easily a 5 star book for our family!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words, July 23, 2008
ISBN 0375800999 - While this is an abridged version of the original, and those who are familiar with the original might not like the change, it's well worth picking up because it serves as a nice bridge for the littlest readers to those originals.

The narrator, setting out to teach his dog a lot of words, introduces the reader to those words, too! In rhyme, his dog learns actions and opposites, colors and more.

The book is small, easily held by small hands, but the boards are a little flimsier than many other board books, so expect a few bent corners. The glossy pages are easy to wipe clean of sticky fingerprints, which is a nice little plus. The illustrations flawlessly illustrate the text and, best of all, your young reader will be on his/her way to I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words (Bright & Early Books) in no time!

- AnnaLovesBooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little dog lovers, February 17, 2010
Our 15-month-old is obsessed with dogs and just loves this little board book. It's one of her favorites. The rhymes are cute and the illustrations are adorable. It's compact, durable and travels well.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I had to say how much my niece liked this book, July 11, 2014
If I had to say how much my niece liked this book, I'd say she loves reading it with me whenever I get the chance to visit. Despite a little mix up I (literally I) had with the shipping, the book actually arrived on time, in good condition, and beyond my expectations of a board book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and catchy! 19 mo old loves it!, January 28, 2014
This is one of his and my favorites. Very catchy and I have to say I almost have it memorized because my son brings it to me to read often. The words and pictures illustrate activities and colors. I am currently searching for similar board books in the Bright and Early series. Definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, December 3, 2013
S. Rose (Pickerington, OH) - See all my reviews
One of my 2 1/2-year old granddaughter's favorite books. She can almost "read" it herself - (she has much of it memorized).

5.0 out of 5 stars Really hilarious book for infants & toddlers, June 17, 2013
When I read this book to my twin infants, I actually laugh along with the rhymes and the illustrations. For example, the dog looks very confused when he has to fill up a hole he just dug, how his facial expression doesn't change when he turns a light is on and off, how he's trepidatious about climbing a tree, etc. This book is a perfect way to spend quality time with your little ones. I put it right on par with Goodnight Moon as one of my favorite books to read my children. Highly highly highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kids book, May 31, 2013
Books are a must have for all children and this is one of the best starter books, glad they made it a board book too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute, January 6, 2013
I like books that are fun to read aloud and this fits the bill. It is so cute and I will look for more like this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))
I'll Teach My Dog a Lot of Words (Bright & Early Board Books(TM)) by Michael Frith (Board book - August 17, 1999)
$4.99 $4.49