From the Back Cover
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you'll learn how to build flexible, easy-to-maintain, standards-based websites with Microsoft Expression Web 2. Using this book's straightforward, step-by-step approach, you'll master the entire process-from concept and design through delivery! Each lesson builds on what you've already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, no matter what kind of site you're building!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Expression Web 2 tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them
Learn how to…
· Build your first Expression website in just five minutes!
· Import text from Microsoft Word and other software
· Make the most of Expression Web 2's advanced image-editing features
· Create hyperlinks that simplify navigation, perform actions, and send commands
· Write error-free code quickly and easily with Code View and IntelliSense
· Use CSS to control your site's appearance, create standards-based, cross-browser content, and simplify redesigns
· Design site layouts that communicate more effectively
· Use Dynamic Web Templates to consistently format (or reformat) hundreds of pages
· Implement state-of-the-art interactivity with Behaviors
· Add Silverlight, Flash, and other multimedia content
· Build a web-based email form with FrontPage Server Extensions and PHP
· Integrate web application code written in ASP.NET or PHP
Morten Rand-Hendriksen is a web designer, developer, programmer, and digital media expert based in Burnaby, B.C., Canada. He has operated Pink and Yellow Media since 2002, creating web and design solutions for small businesses and individuals. For his work with Expression Web, he was invited as a Canadian VIP to the MIX08 conference in Las Vegas and asked to present onBuilding Compelling Websites on the Microsoft Platformat Microsoft's Innovation Briefing. He blogs on Expression Web at http://blog.pinkandyellow.com/.
Category: Web Development
Covers: Microsoft Expression Web 2
User Level: Beginning—Intermediate
$29.99 USA / $32.99 CAN / £18.99 Net UK
About the Author
Morten Rand-Hendriksen is the owner and creative director of Pink & Yellow Media, a design company that provides digital media creations for small businesses and television. Through the years he has had many different titles: photographer, studio musician, composer, politician, writer, jeweler, philosopher, artist, and university senate member. But it is in the role of a designer he feels truly at home (at least for the moment).
Morten started designing websites back in 1997, but it wasn’t until he moved to Canada in 2002 that he really started to focus on web design as a possible career (surprisingly there were few job listings for Norwegian philosophy majors in Vancouver at the time). Over the years he has worked with many different technologies, but after being introduced to Expression Web 2 he has shifted the focus of the web part of his business almost exclusively to the art of CSS and blog design. Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Expression Web 2 in 24 Hours is his first published book. You can also find his tutorials and other design-related musings on his blog at http://blog.pinkandyellow.com and in many different forums and newsgroups throughout the Web. If you have any questions relating to the book, you can contact Morten by writing to email@example.com.