Teaching Physics with the Physics Suite CD
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$51.03 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
This is a great book with a somewhat misleading title. While it is, indeed, the companion book for the "Physics Suite" it is really far more than that. If you are interested in a concise review of educational research in the learning and teaching of technical subjects, this book is outstanding. It is written by an experienced teacher, for teachers, and includes not only the relevant research but many suggestions and examples for implementing the results of the educational and cognitive research.
I am a long-time college teacher of engineering technology and now researching in engineering education. I was "turned-on" to this book by a doctoral student in physics education and am very, very grateful to him for that. It might have been a long time (if ever) before I stumbled onto this treasure myself. My suggestion to the author would be to also publish this material (minus the Physics Suite specifics) as a book on reseach-based teaching of technical subjects.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on July 6, 2014
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
basic
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again