Built around multiplayer battles of two teams, Reliable Excavation Demolition (RED) and Builders League United (BLU), representing competing construction teams, players choose between two game modes: capture the flag (CTF) and a control point mode. In CTF the objective is to obtain a briefcase of intelligence from the enemy team's base and return it to their own base while preventing the opposing team from doing the same. In the control point mode the objective is similar, only related to holding particular territories. To be successful in either the most important thing is to understand and use each character class in the best way possible.A Game That's a Class Operation
Unlike other "class-based" games that offer a variety of combat classes only, Team Fortress 2 features a wide variety of classes which provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities, and lend themselves to a variety of player skills. All nine playable character classes from the original game are available and although a few of these, like the Medic and Heavy generally work well with any mix of characters, overall each have particular strengths in offensive, defensive and support capacities. Each also will respond dynamically with different comical dialogue when in combat.The full character classes include:
- Pyro - An offensive class with average damage tolerance, Pyros are armed with a flamethrower, shotgun and a fire axe.
- Engineer - A defensive class with a low threshold for damage, Engineers can upgrade weapons and equipment and are armed with a shotgun, a pistol and a wrench.
- Spy - Used for sabotage the Spy carries a revolver, a butterfly knife, an electronic zapper and a diguise kit.
- Heavy - Tough on offense and defense the Heavy's weapons are the minigun, the shotgun and his fists.
- Sniper - A support class with low damage tolerance, the Sniper is armed with a sniper rifle, a submachine gun and a machete.
- Scout - The Scout is fast but susceptible to damage. His weapons are a sawed off shotgun, a pistol and a baseball bat.
- Soldier - A slow, but a powerful offensive class, the soldier wields a rocket launcher, a shotgun and a spade.
- Demoman - A defense class with an average amount of protection, the Demoman is armed with a remotely detonated sticky bomb and a bottle of Scotch.
- Medic - Medics keep other characters alive and are armed with a healing 'medigun,' a syringe-firing launcher and a bone saw.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|Processor:||1.7 Ghz Processor||Pentium 4 Processor (3.0 Ghz or better)|
|RAM:||512 MB RAM||1 GB RAM|
|Video Card:||DirectX 8 level Graphics card||DirectX 9 level Graphics card|
|Other:||DVD-ROM Drive/Mouse/Keyboard/Internet Connection|