Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Orange Box - Xbox 360 forum

Is Team Fortress 2 only multiplayer?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2007 3:16:31 PM PST
Daniel Smith says:
Can you play team fortress 2 with only yourself without xbox live? Is xbox live mandatory to play this game?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2007 7:17:35 PM PST
Albert James says:
yes it is online only

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2007 6:52:00 PM PST
Sick Daddy says:
Team Fortress 2 is online only.

You do not need to be online to play the great Half Life 2 episodes, nor the Fantastic game of Portal.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2007 7:22:34 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2007 12:44:33 AM PST]

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 2:25:13 PM PDT
Yeah, Online only.
Play portal.
The best out of all 5 games

Posted on Aug 8, 2009 2:23:02 PM PDT
G. D. Maddox says:
Is anyone still playing Team Fortress 2?

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 12:27:02 PM PDT
JC says:
I play it quite often

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2010 7:27:25 AM PST
xiao_haozi says:
I just picked up Orange box after all this time. Jumped into TF2 and had some amazingly fun matches on the PS3 which I expected to be the least crowded of the setups. So it seems that things are still active so don't be afraid to buy if you haven't and have a blast.

If only we could have some cross platform TF2 action. If only....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2010 8:06:02 AM PDT
Hey haozi,

I'm thinking of getting a copy of PS3 Orange Box. When u mentioned "still active"....how active is the PS3 TF2 community? Is TF2 a dedicated server game or match making game?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2010 8:59:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2010 8:59:53 AM PDT
xiao_haozi says:
Kenny,

When I get on the PS3 version, there are always full games going. It's a match making setup so you either hunt down your friends to get a friendly game going or, like I do, just jump in whatever match needs one more person.

Games are pretty good as most of the remaining people are usually fairly competent players. So matches tend to be slightly fast paced but well balanced and have not had any problems jumping in as a newer player.

And for the price you can get the orange box now for the ps3, it's well worth the purchase.

Posted on Apr 1, 2010 2:53:47 PM PDT
Zeemmarax says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2010 3:06:43 PM PDT
xiao_haozi says:
Great contribution to the discussion.

Posted on Jul 25, 2010 3:05:13 PM PDT
While it is true that Team Fortress 2 is MP only I can tell you that Steam and VALVE have added a single player training ground for you to play but this is PC only and unless XB Live has enabled a way for you to do that as well you wont get the 5 map single player traing levels to play unless you get Steam and play TF 2 on PC. Check it out though their may be some feature now through XB Live that allows you to play 5 maps in single player?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 2:21:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2011 2:21:46 PM PDT
M. DiSpirito says:
Any updates on this single player TF2 thing for the Xbox? I'm not a FPS junkie, so I'd need some training before embarassing fellow team-mates. I played the original Half-Life back in the day on PC, but I haven't tried any of the others (save for the Portal demo, which was great).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Orange Box - Xbox 360
Orange Box - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars (363)