Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 18, 2012
I purchased this game for my five year old to help him improve his math skills prior to entering Kindergarten next fall. I was so happy to see that my 3 and 7 year old also clamored to give the game a try. My 7 year old is veyr skilled at math and isn't really a Umizoomi fan, yet he even said he enjoyed playing the game and thought it was cool (high praise). The game interweaves the characters talking and the games you play. I like that the characters talk the children through how to play the game so kids can easily follow the instructions. If you are purchasing this for a 2 or 3 year old I would say that you should be prepared to help them a bit. My 3 year old has just turned 3 and some of the sections were a little challenging for him and he'd get frustrated. One of the things I don't like about the game is that it's not that easy to skip from section to section. You have to get through the first part of the game before you can move between areas. I'd like to seem them change this if they make an updated version. For my five year old I was pleased because the content is a good mix of easy and more challenging. My goal is to familiarize him with addition and I think this game does this in a nice way.
on December 26, 2011
My son has been a fan of the Team Umizoomi Cartoon for awhile. He was so excited when he saw a Team Umizoomi game next to his new DS on Christmas morning. My husband and I weren't sure if he would be able to use the DS and the game on his own, but he had no trouble at all. The EC (early childhood) rating is perfect for kiddos his age and he is actually learning while playing.
on April 18, 2012
My four year old son received this game recently, and was able to master it in no time. I enjoy that the adventures get progressively more challenging, and reinforce many important math concepts (adding, grouping, patterns, counting, subtraction). It's nice to see a game that has a character he is familiar with that truly focuses on educational concepts.

I do wish that there were more levels to this game, as my son was able to get through the entire adventure in a short time. He does play it again, but this won't have a lot of new and exciting staying power for long.

I have noticed that sometimes where the stylus needs to be placed is more precise than my child is able to do, but with assistance he can get through these levels, and over time was able to do them on his own.

I would buy this again, without hesitation.
on January 8, 2012
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter and she absolutely loves it! Needs help initially but overall great learning tool!
on February 27, 2012
I was looking for a game my 5 year old could play without assistance. I added this to her birthday list, and her grandparents bought it for her. In over a month now, I don't think she's played any of the other 10 games we have. Most, have turned out, to require reading...which she is just learning to do. So I love the fact that Umizoomi doesn't require reading. Her other current favorite is Smartgirls Playhouse. She can navigate that set of games, and enjoys playing, with little reading required.
on December 26, 2011
I bought this game for my three year old son for Christmas. He absolutely love this game and he grasp the concept. This game really start teaching the children at a young age to help prepare them for school. This game keeps my three year old occupied and his mind active. Thank you.
on October 23, 2012
This game has pretty much everything a parent and a child want in a video game.

For the kids, this game delivers colorful, fun games. If the child makes a mistake, the game simply encourages the child to try again, as many times as it takes. The game also requires no reading, all the instructions are spoken out for the child. The game saves automatically and once it is 'beaten', a child can go back and play any of the games over again.

For the parent, this game is mildly educational. Shapes, counting, measuring, comparing, and matching are all practiced over and over again in a variety of mini-games. As an added bonus, there's even a 'report card' that tells you how well your child is doing on each skill.

The game was just right for my 4 year old, but a little too much for my 2 year old. I'd imagine it would loose it's appeal fast around or after age 5.
on November 2, 2015
I'm pretty sure this is the only Umizoomi game out there. But it's the best! :)

My 4 year old loves playing with it, is learning so much about numbers and how they work together. She finished the entire game quickly, and is going through it again. I'm happy with that, but I fear she will grow tired of the game before she grows tired of the show. It would be nice to see more options for Umizoomi for my math loving children.
on May 22, 2012
My preschooler lovers her Umizoomi game and so do I. We have already been working on alphabet, numbers, shapes and basic math but that has been in a more studious environment whereas this game puts everything she has learned and more into a fun game that not only strengthens the building blocks of learning but also helps the her become more confident in her skills. I have rarely had to help her, so yes it can be simplistic at times but that is part of the allure for her. It challenges what she knows in different way (think same question, different way to frame it). I don't like a lot of today's cartoon characters for children, but Umizoomi is a winner for sure.
on January 18, 2016
Not worth buying I did not like this at all I read every single review before buying this an they all seem good. But after my 4 year old played it he got bored playing it within 3 minutes an didn't want to touch it since. The games on it are not well crafted. For this game the price should be 5$. An for a kids learning game it really lack alot of motor skills ....