5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning Conclusion to an Awesome Series
Published on November 10, 2005 by Eowyn of Rohan

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many cliches
I've enjoyed this series as a whole, but there were many elements of the final story that bothered me. Mostly, the overuse of the death/resurrection plot point. The savior-like death and resurrection of a character is a common point of fantasy books, and a Christian fantasy book has a little more reason to use that plot device, but this series has used it time and time...
Published on August 9, 2007 by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning Conclusion to an Awesome Series, November 10, 2005
Eowyn of Rohan (Lee's Summit, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tears of a Dragon (The Dragons in Our Midst, Book 4) (Paperback)
Wow...wow. When I read the first book in this series, Raising Dragons, I thought it was good. When I read the second, I thought it was great. When I read the third, I was rightfully in awe. But this...wow (yes, I will say that word again!). This book was amazing. I was almost afraid to read it, afraid that the end would leave me sad and hungry for more. Thankfully, I was mistaken--I have never been so grateful to have been wrong in all my born days!

In the last installment of the Dragons in Our Midst series, emotions are running high and the situation is dire. Not only do Morgan Le Fay and her group of demonic accomplices (along with Devin, the famous dragon slayer, though still in the candlestone at the moment) want to kill off the dragons as always, they are now toying with the entire world, changing the weather to suit their dark purpose. The setting is captivating...even more than that of its predecessors. I was thoroughly involved in the story before I knew it, and I finished the book in a day.

One of the things about these books that makes them so good is the fact that they're written with enough straightforwardness to allow for younger readers, yet they have enough depth to reach into the hearts of those that are older and touch them deeply (I'm only fourteen, but I don't necessarily see myself as very "young" reader). For instance, I read the first book aloud to my eight-year-old sister, and though she protested at first--for she doesn't usually like to be read to--she fell in love with the story to the point where there was no use denying it. She liked it so much that she's even reading The Candlestone on her own now.

Bryan Davis is a great author--I hope to see much, much more from him in the future. I was extremely pleased with this last book of Dragons in Our Midst--the ending is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, January 8, 2006
Tears of a Dragon is an amazing allegory. It is the final book of the Dragon in Our Midst Chronicles that follows the events of the last days of dragons on earth. It is an awesome and deep allegory that will keep you thinking.

Billy and Bonnie, the main characters, have returned from England and their adventure in the circles of seven. They have been battle worn from their many adventures, but now they have to face a war against the Watchers, demonic beings that had been released upon the earth. But Billy has been first sent on another mission: to find his father who had disappeared and enter a resting place of dragons that need to be set free. Billy, Bonnie, and their friends face many choices that will change their lives forever. Including the climatic decision at the end: will Billy, Bonnie, and the dragons choose to keep their dragon traits, or choose to become human, forever?

Though the end might be a little confusing and upsetting for younger children, I think it's beautiful and very deep. Tears of a Dragon is a must read for everyone. I didn't particularly like fantasy until I read this series, but this isn't a normal series. It helped me grow in my faith and answer questions I never thought of before. So what I'm simply trying to say is read this series, it's totally worth it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Review of Tears of a Dragon, January 8, 2006
A Kid's Review
Fantastic! This book satisfies all readers. It provedes romance, suspence, action, etc. It is a full attention holder. I couldn't put it down! The book is a definite re-reader. The book is really well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous Spiritual Series, November 11, 2005
Tears of a Dragon is above all the most exciting action thirller. Like with the others, once you start reading, its hard to put the book down. Tears of a Dragon is a really extremelly hard for me to put down. Tears of a Dragon really has put my faith highier yet than the last three books. This book and all the other books to Dragons in our Midst, is for all ages. So this is a book that the whole family can get there minds into.

Billy, Bonnie, Ashley, Water, and everybody else are now on there greatest adventure yet!! This book really has touching moments & heroic moments as well. There is so many areas where God works through everybody!!

Pick up a book and see mind thrilling adventure it will take you on. Bryan Davis has wrote a great series and I pray that his next series of writing will be just as great as Dragons in Our Midst!! ^_^

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Series Ever!, March 31, 2006
A Kid's Review
I'm ten years old, and I thought that these books were awesome!I'm very picky about what I read, and I LITERALLY fell in love with these books! These are definitely my favorite books! I've read about 1,000,000 books since I was 6 and it's a huge thing for me to say that these are my favorite books.I really think that these are the best, and I've read Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia.

I liked them because they are filled with a mix of action, fantisy, and intenise anticeapation! Also, both boys and girls will enjoy it because it has a bit of romance and is filled with action. Last, they are awsome books to rea with your family.

ENJOY!

by: Isabel

ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian values in a dragon story, March 19, 2007
My daughter reads this series, and she is 13/14. She enjoys it and has told me of the Christian elements present, and I approve of them. For children who enjoy sci-fi/dragon fantasy stories, this one has no message that 'magic is good', but rather subservience to a supreme God. I recommend this author and this series.

Ellen C Maze, author
50 5-Star Reviews: WATCH OUT TWILIGHT! PHENOMENON! LIGHTNING-PACED! CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! CHALLENGES THE RELIGIOUS CROWD! RIVALS...DAN BROWN & STEPHEN KING! and much more. HOP on the bandwagon and check it out my friend!

5.0 out of 5 stars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, December 2, 2005
Bryan Davis has done it again! I absolutly LOVE his Dragons in Our Midst series!!! These books rate the highest out of all the books I've ever read in my life. Even above Alexandre Dumas and Tolkien (I know, that's saying a lot because I LOVE both of those authors...but it's true!)!! He has written books that make you joyful, sad, tense, frightened and moved all at the same time! The characters amazing faith and their trust in God is stunning. I'll admit, Bonnie's spectacular faith drove me on to look inside myself and see if I was truly reflecting the love of Christ, like Bonnie Silver was. I love all the characters. But my favorite is still Walter. Walter is just as funny in the last book as in all the rest. In the midst of my tears as I cried for the characters in this book, I would laugh as Walter brightened up the moment. I found myself wishing that these charactres weren't fake. That they were real. And I began to see them as real. I began to feel like they were my friends. I would encourage them and they continued to encourage me in my walk with God. "Bravo, Mr. Davis! Bravo!"

This book, and the others in the series are truly amazing books that no one should pass up! No, they're not "kid" books, so not worth reading, they're books for all ages. I personally beleive that any age would enjoy them.

And if a movie director ever comes across these books...I'll be the first to run to the theatre to see them on the screen!!!

I'm praying that Mr. Davis writes more books like this!!!

Read them...you won't regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A STUNNING ENDING TO A SPECTACULAR SERIES, September 6, 2007
Bryan Davis starts with a great series and does the almost impossible. Each book and episode just keeps getting better. The thrills and tensions just keep being ratcheted up. Every book does the near impossibility of always raising the bar. There is no weak moment or book in the entire series. This finale is a classic example of plotting, pacing, atmosphere, characterization and expanding our knowledge of dragons and myth. A genius is a work here. Don't miss a book, sequel or prequel. AND THERE IS MORE TO COME!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, involving, well written., January 4, 2007
I'll keep this short, I've been looking for good fantasy, that has a christian world view behind it. I found it in this book, now don't take me the wrong way, even a non Christian could enjoy this, it is well written and not completely in your face. Highly recommend it for ages 12-120 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kid's Review, April 6, 2008
Tears of a Dragon definetly deserves the motto of the company that
published it... "Writing worth Reading". It's amazing how Bryan Davis can
mix Christianity, mythology and adventure to keep readers on the edges of
their seats. I feel like I'm with the characters the whole time. It is a
wonder that this is not yet a movie, but reading Tears of a Dreagon is worth it!

Tears of a Dragon (The Dragons in Our Midst, Book 4)
Tears of a Dragon (The Dragons in Our Midst, Book 4) by Bryan Davis (Paperback - October 28, 2005)
$14.99 $11.55