Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on July 3, 2010
The good part is it's great to see them in a live concert after all these years, even if it's a short concert. And this is a really well-shot DVD and the sound is really fantastic. Their Everybody Loves A Happy Ending songs were fantastic. Secret World, Closest Thing to Heaven, Call Me Mellow. Superb, all of them. Roland was perfection on them. And the harmonies between Curt and Roland were to die for, and great backing vocals by Curt. Those songs were the highlight of the concert, which is surprising b/c usually the big hits would be. Shout never disappoints. What a song. It's probably my favorite song by TFF. The guitar instrumental on that song is stunning. Head over Heels was really good, but not Roland's best vocals on this song, and I don't like how he ends it without singing the end, Time flies. And Head Over Heels isn't the same for me without the outro of Broken. Sowing the Seeds of Love was definitely also one of the highlights of the concert. They shine on that amazing song and the audience went crazy for it.

Curt was amazing for backing vocals and harmonies, but in lead vocals he left something to be desired on some of his vocals. I have seen them recently in TFF concerts and he sounded great. So maybe an off night or because back in 2005 they hadn't been touring and singing these songs together for 15 years before that. I don't know. But he sounded flat a few times. It improved when Roland would come in on harmony or backing vocals. Everybody Wants to Rule the World is such a magnificent song. And, overall, still a great live performance by the band as a whole on EWTRTW. The instruments sounded great and the band was tight the whole concert.

A really beautiful intro and new arrangement on Mad World (I'm assuming Roland did the new arrangement based off of Gary Jules' slower version, but even a diffrent arrangement than that), but Curt was just okay. He sang it at times way too harshly into the mic. But an absolutely beautiful new musical arrangement on that song.

All in all, if you are a TFF fan and missed seeing them live all these years, worth buying just to see them and because of the great production of the DVD. This DVD was a treat for me and watch it often, since their last DVD was 89 or 90 and because you get to hear some Everybody Loves a Happy Ending songs live. And as a bonus, Roland and Curt still look very handsome in their forties.
on February 15, 2010
If the description above was right, then this TFT Live 2005 DVD was originally released as Secret World CD/DVD. It was a CD & DVD packaging of the Parc du Princes concert. The concert was part of a huge event, and TFT promoted their Everybody Loves A Happy Ending album here. Secret World, Closest Thing To Heaven, etc were here as well as Shout, Pale Shelter, Sowing the Seeds of Love, etc. The sound quality was superb, and I loved the camera angle taken. The picture quality was very good, if not perfect. You'll see Nick d'Virgilio (Spock's Beard drummer/vocalist) behind the drum set.

The CD, which was the audio version of the DVD, has three bonus tracks not avail anywhere except here. The single version of Secret World, which IMHO better than the album version. The other two tracks were Floating Down The River, which instantly became my fave and I've been wondering why this song didn't make into the ELAHE album, and the last song was What Are We Fighting For (lead vocal by Curt). The latter has a beautiful and meaningful lyric.

If you can, get the Secret World CD/DVD instead of this stand alone DVD. I got mine through Amazon France some years ago.
11 comment15 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by Tears for Fears live in Paris. I already own a DVD of videos from "Songs from the Big Chair" but, I had no idea how good they are live. Out of all the music DVDs I own, this one is in the top three. They are tight and still have it. They are even better than they used to be. Love it!
on October 11, 2014
This concert, recorded in 2005 in Paris, has all the desired Tears for Fears hits and some excellent extras too. I give it 5 stars and if you are an old or new Tears for Fears fan, your collection should not be without this one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2014
This Concert was great. I loved the different effects they used in filming it it was very psychadelic i thought i was tripping balls it was great.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2014
but expect more. Tears for fears are great, but expected more from the show. The show is in France, and forgive me what I say: the public is completely apathetic, bland, emotionless, and rarely participate. totally bland.
22 comments1 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
I highly recommend the concert DVD. Tears for Fears rocked the stage the whole time and also spoke french too. Tears for fears get better with age, just like wine!!
on March 18, 2014
I thought something was wrong with my ears or the sound system, but it turned out the MIX of the songs was TERRIBLE. Was Roland getting even with Curt Smith for something? If so, it worked, because you can BARELY hear the bass through the whole DVD -- the worst song being SHOUT, probably their most bass-heavy song! And no, it's not all the bass frequencies that are missing, because you can hear the kick drum just fine! To confirm, I put in the DVD of '20th Century Masters: The Best of Tears for Fears', and there were Curt's bass parts, loud and clear! I saw TFF on this tour here in the US, and they sounded WAY BETTER than this! Save your money -- cannot recommend. The video aspects of the DVD were OK, nothing spectacular, but at least better than the audio!
on February 9, 2011
A great reminder of the show I saw of Tears For Fears November 2010. Roland & Curt were on the money with each and every song.
0Comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2013
wonderful to watch if you love Tears for Fears. I bought it for a friend and she watches it daily!