Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.74

on January 22, 2012
After I read TEARS OF A HUSTLER PT 1 (read it in 1 day) I immediately order Pt 2. Really enjoyed it. Loved the characters (G-Money, Ali, etc). The only thing that disappointed me is all the errors there were. But still a good read.
on August 25, 2011
This picks up where part 1 left off. I must say I loved part 1 but this one was just okay. The story was still gangster but it was so many characters at times I was losing track of them. Nancy is being a true ride or die while Ali does time and G-money is still up to is same ole routines. And the Detective is a pain in the ass literally. Coco is still a wild child who loves her some G money. Christie has did a total 360. I still enjoyed the book overall and would definitely recommend it. About to start part 3 soon.
on March 18, 2013
This book was sooo good from beginning to end. . . Definitely a "must read" for anyone that read part one !! I just couldn't put the book(kindle) down , not even for a second
on July 23, 2011
I'm almost embrassed to say that i had never read any of Silk White books until almost exactly 1 month ago to the date,BUT BABY LET ME TELL U NOW I'M HOOKED AND I CNT GET ENOUGH OF THE AUTHOR SILK WHITE.In less than 2weeks i had read every book that Silk White has came out with. To me if a book does not grab my attention on the 1st page then i'm not going any farther,but Silk White has some how mastered the ability to catch ur attention as soon as u open the book.I started reading the Tears Of A Hustler Trilogy late in the game, but i'm happy i did because while everybody had to wait a while i only had to wait 2weeks b4 Tears Of A Hustler Pt.3 dropped...lol...and just waiting that long almost drove me crazy. Even though i know that this story is fictional,Silk White has a way of making the book come to life. You feel like you are right there while everything is happening,and every character that shows up has a purpose 4 being there, you never have to sit back and wonder" What the hell happened to such and such?" I'm a hugh G-Money fan the man with a hot head and even hotter hand when it comes to going in his waist line,and that man has the swag that will make any women weak no matter how hard she try to fight it. Of course i cnt forget about Mr. Ali himself the man with so much power & respect all because of his will to give back to his community. Ali's character to me had a great head on his shoulders and i believe in my mind that he always thought to himself" EVEN THOUGH PPL LOOK AT WHAT I DO AS A BAD THING I CAN ALWAYS BRING GOOD OUT OF IT" & even though he to alot he gave back even more. A lot of ppl may not understand that...but i do. Nancy all i can say about that chick is Straight ride or die! Pauleena smh... i was digging her at 1st but later on in pt.3 i was ready for them to read that chicks eulogy...lol...but she's a bad chick no doubt. Okay so i'm going to bring this many book that was suppose to be a review to a end,because i can sit hear and type all day about Tear Of A Hustler Pt 1 2&3 . Just a lil bit of advice if ur looking for Real street fiction and you want a author that's gonna give you everything 4rm betrayal,loyality,sex,drugs,guns,money,action 4rm start to finish,and make you feel like your there through the entire thing then baby....Silk White is definitley your author. What you waiting on??? go ahead and get HOOKED baby because i am. #1 fan right here believe that!!! He writes them i buy them. Congrats Silk White & Continue to do your thang, there is no where eles for you to go but to the TOP!!!
on June 1, 2016
This is the second book that I have read in this series. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. I was so hoping Ali would be freed from jail because I really liked him. He was all about giving back to the community, creating jobs, getting out of the business and he loved Nancy and her son. G-money became angry to fast. I definitely didn't like the Terminator. Spank'y's wife turned to drugs after he committed suicide.
What will happen to Coco now that her lover was killed. So glad to read that Tell got his. It's time for that crooked Detective Nelson and his posse to get theirs. A very good book.
on January 5, 2014
After reading part one, I really wanted to continue this story. The story is still very entertaining, but the editing is even worse than it was in part one. There are also some plot lines that you don't want to think about too closely (if you make a full confession to shooting eight cops, you are going to be executed, you aren't going to get life in jail).

White continues the stories of the characters he introduced in part one, while adding some new characters (at the rate people die off, he kind of has to -- or he'll eventually be telling a story about one person). These books are really long and packed with lots of people, but White has a knack for providing details that make his characters stand out. The only place he falters is that everyone tends to talk alike even the people who maybe should sound a bit different (would the racist white detectives talk exactly like the gang members they hate?). Some story lines are wrapped up and a major character meets his end, setting up the stage for an exciting part three.

Bonus favorite moment: A friendly CO brings Ali some books to pass the time in solitary confinement and Ali gets a chance to read Married To Da Streets by . . . Silk White. This was a delightfully meta moment.
on February 16, 2015
Great pick-up, where 'Tears of a Hustler Part 1' left off. Lots of street violence & it goes @ a fast pace....making it even more exciting! Silk White is DEFINETLY 1 to watch, if u enjoy Black Urban street-Lit. Silk makes u feel as if you are right there, right in the mix & even though a lot of his characters are straight killas, living extra grimy-you still want them to win, especially
G-Money & Ali. This is one of his best reads........
on April 17, 2014
So many colorful characters with outrageous personalities from their different walks of life. First I was upset to see my favorite couple lives to end so soon in Book 1, but now you take away my boyfriend I'm not sure if I can forgive you (smile); you know girls marry the good guy, but we sure like the bad guys. I then decided not to read the rest of the books in the series, but when its good its good. I'll post my review of Book 3 once I get over my lost (characters). Needless to say I'll start Book 4 very soon.

To the Author:
Your gift of writing is amazing and I'm glad you step out on faith by sharing it with the world of book lovers such as myself.

Thanks
on April 1, 2016
Omg I couldn't. I stopped at 30 something percent. Book 1 and 2 could've been combined into one. I read book 2 thinking it would get to a good part but boy was I wrong. Some many unnecessary characters that had little to no point to this story if that's what you want to call it. I'm done. I would NOT recommend this book to anyone. I was forced to give it one star...
on February 13, 2014
Once again Silk White keeps you entertained from beginning to end. Hated to see the demise of GMoney. Can't wait to see the retaliation that will come from Ali & Paulenna. I'm sure the streets will not be getting any sleep anytime soon. Can't wait to read part 3.