5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!
Ok, I love this book. I read it to my son's 1st grade class & they all enjoyed it too. The teacher loved it too...maybe it was just my amazing storytelling skills, but I'm sure the book had something to do with it! Great colorful and fun pictures, great message and a fun read! So well written!
Published 17 months ago by Tobhiyah Monroe

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing and Only Partially Correct
Published 7 months ago by D. Dellandrea

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing and Only Partially Correct, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Tease Monster: A Book About Teasing Vs. Bullying (Building Relationships) (Paperback)
I had high hopes for this book since as counselor I teach elementary school age children how best to treat each other. The first few pages of the book are great- that teasing is not acting in a kind way. BUT then the book attempts to separate teasing into two categories, mean teasing and "just joking" type of teasing. I think it is extremely confusing to try and make the definition of teasing mean two entirely different things. I think the author should have separated the two behaviors using different terminology, maybe teasing (laughing at somebody- insults, mean words) and joking (laughing with others about a truly funny, harmless situation). The author's examples of the "acceptable" type of teasing are still unkind and insulting. As I was reading the book aloud, I skipped entire pages just to avoid confusing the students. I do not want to reinforcement any type of behavior that could hurt a person. The book sends a message that we shouldn't feel sad when something mean is said if it's just a little mean (the author's opinion of appropriate teasing). This book could have been a great teaching tool BUT it took a very wrong turn. Teasing is wrong- end of story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, April 15, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars The tease monster is wordy and confusing to follow., April 12, 2013
The story is difficult to understand and doesn't seem to hold their attention. The children I read the story to didn't really understand it. This was not Julia Cook's best story and I usually love her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowing the difference between teasing and bullying is important., June 12, 2013
Children often confuse the two. Julia explains through example how to determine the difference. Playful teasing does not hurt another one's feelings while bullying does. The book provides an opportuntity for conversation about your own child's behaviors towards others as well as how others have treated him/her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, August 3, 2013
Awesome for defining the difference between bullying and teasing. Great lesson! Will recommend to other teachers also. Love all your books!

5.0 out of 5 stars children's books, July 9, 2013
My therapy kids love this book and we read it over and over and talk about teasing and how it differs or is the same as being a bully.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you, March 25, 2014
my son, a 10 year old boy, likes to tease others, in different situations, but he hates when some one laughs at him. so, this book showed him that whatever you do to others you must expect for yourself. it was most useful book to teach him some manners towards his friends when something happens to them. thank you so much for the opportunity amazon.com gives us to buy such books from this corner of the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars In this age of hyper vigalance about bullying, this helps sort teasing from bullying, March 24, 2013
I like this book to use in my practice working in a primary school. the kids liked the pictures and I liked it to use. A bit too laong winded, though.

2.0 out of 5 stars The first few pages were great but then it became too much, August 20, 2014
Another Julia Cook book that I had high hopes for but will sit on my shelf. I'm a counselor for K-3 students and I know this book will be too wordy and confusing for them. The first few pages were great but then it became too much. The rhyming feels awkward at times, it's too long and the author tries to put teasing into two categories. It just doesn't work Don't see myself using this in classroom lessons or small groups. Bummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly GREAT BOOK for introducing these concepts, March 18, 2014
I am reading this book with students in a Language Learning Disabled 3-4th grade class. It generates specific discussions about teasing and bullying and helps students differentiate the terms. It also helps them to self-reflect about their own peer relationships. My classes enjoy many of Julia Cook's books and they reach students in 1st through 5th grades easily with modifications as needed to explain vocabulary and concepts.

EFG, Speech Pathologist

Tease Monster: A Book About Teasing Vs. Bullying (Building Relationships)
$10.95 $8.13