Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on June 15, 2011
The good: This is really easy to use and you don't get any leaves in your tea. It also looks really cool when making the tea. You just put tea leaves and hot water in the top, let it steep, then put it over a mug (or anything else you drink tea from) and it automatically pours the brewed tea from the bottom.

The bad: As the tea pours directly into the cup from the bottom of the tea maker, unless you have a clear mug you can't see how much you're pouring. Lifting the tea maker up to check the quantity in the cup is slightly annoying, and I've had a few overflows, but it's not a big deal. It's also avoidable with the extra step of pouring the liquid into the cup/mug to measure and then into the tea maker.

Cleaning: It's pretty easy to clean. Generally, I throw out the leaves right away and then rinse the tea maker out with hot water. I then let it dry with the lid open. That does the job pretty well. If I let it sit or decide that I want a more thorough cleaning, the filter pops out very easily. However, I did have a bit of trouble getting it back in the first few times. It takes a little practice, but becomes very easy.

Overall, I highly recommend this tea maker, even with the small flaw.

|-----Update April 2014-----|

There are other reviews mentioning how the bottom doesn't come off and that you can't clean the filter. I think those refer to old models. I purchased this tea maker in June 2011, still use it at least once a week, can pop the filter out to wash, and have had no issues with corrosion.
1313 comments|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2011
Purchased 16oz teamaker less than a year ago from the Teavana store, at a local mall, for [...]. Used it two to three times per week. And the stainless steel ?? mesh filter began rusting/corroding, not tea stained. There is no way to remove the corrowsion, or the screen for replacement. Brought it to the Teavana store, showed them the corrosion; and was told I had to call customer suppport, since it was over thirty days old. While at the Teavana store I called Customer support, which wasn't helpful at all. Was told they wouldn't replace it. However, if I shipped it to them at my expense, they would look at it; but they don't warrant the product beyond thirty days.

Subsequently, I purchased another unit by Adagio, from Amazon, and it has been superior to the Teavana unit. Nylon mesh screen doesn't corrode, and can be removed for cleaning or replacement if necessary. Very disappointed with Teavana product design, quality, and customer support.
66 comments|265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2010
My wife received this product as a gift this spring. We never mistreated the maker, hand washing it and following the recommendations of the manufacturer however after only a few weeks of use the ball baring that serves as a valve to empty the tea into a cup shifted out of place rendering the device useless. "No problem" I thought, Teavana is a large company charging premium prices, Im sure they will take care of us. After several email exchanges we get the ok to mail it back. After mailing it a few weeks go by and nothing. We email Tevana only to find that the product was "lost in the mail". Perhaps it was, I probably send 100 things a year through the USPS and while none have ever gotten lost perhaps this was the unfortunate first case. However, when I started searching for reviews about Teavana I discovered a troubling pattern, they have been having problems with this model failing frequently and had pulled similar stunts on other customers. We did not mail our defective product to the Bermuda triangle, we sent it to the address they told us to.
Recommendation for Teavana: AVOID! The premium price buys you neither a premium product nor quality service.
22 comments|167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2015
Don't buy this unless you want to replace it every few months. The mechanism that controls the flow of the tea sticks and you can't stop the flow of boiling water all over the counter not to mention all the tea I had to throw away. I had an old version with the stainless steel ball and never had this problem. I contacted customer support with photos and they offered me a $10.00 coupon and a too bad so sad. They would not be replacing it.
I have been a customer for years and spent tons of money on teas. Never again!
Bye, bye Teavana!
on April 10, 2013
when coupled with Teavana Perfect Glass Tea Mug you have a perfect tea making pair, freshly monkey picked.

it just works, and is fun to use.

the one issue i have is my dainty hands have a tough time replacing the filter screen after i remove it for cleaning.
fortunately my monkey does it for me when he is not picking tea leaves.
review image review image
on March 29, 2015
I LOVE this tea diffuser! It is wonderfully designed, and wonderfully made. Great quality and design. It holds about 2 small mugs worth of water. I love how it strains from the bottom, and you can easily sit it on top of your mug with ease, and it just pours your tea right in your mug! I also love watching my tea brew, its fun to watch.
on January 4, 2013
Don't buy anything from this company. They don't have customer service. You call them and no one answers and no one calls you back. They lie when they say you can return something you order to your local store. You can't.....you can just get a store credit. My order took 3 weeks to get.
on October 6, 2015
Update 24 days later: Bottom has a lot of rust. You can't leave tea leaves in it! You might be able to infuse a couple of times but don't leave leaves in it for too long or you will get a lot of rust at the bottom. Not worth $20. Just get a normal person infusor! hahaha

I have been using this all day. Perfect for those of you that want to brew tea but not make an elaborate ordeal out of it. You simply put in two tablespoons of gunpowder green tea. Let the water drop lower than boiling. I wait like 5 minutes. Then I fill this up and wait about 2 minutes. Then you simply place this on top of a mug and it will drain the water and leave the leaves behind. The best part is that you can do this for hours on the same tea depending your personal habits. I have used about 4 tablespoons of gunpowder green today and I've been drinking this nonstop. Package arrived at 9AM and it's 3:30 now! I'm sure I have hours left before I have to get more leaf in there.

This product is amazing. However I do not plan on using this one with every single tea I make. I will likely need something else for chai or really anything that has a strong taste. I don't want anything to ruin the flavors I'm getting. Very happy with this.

I must say though that is does feel cheap. It's just thing pastic. But I really love it. Normally that would be a problem for me. I recommend this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyeRXMyV9yE
on December 3, 2015
Terrible product. Constantly leaks making it unusable. I originally tried to make it work because what seems to happen is the strainer comes loose which is what holds the seal and I thought it was only happening when the old tea leaves were emtied and it wasnot put back firmly however I came to realize that the strainer even comes loose by pouring the water into the unit and now I missed the return deadline by a few days so I am stuck with two of them. Dont waste your money. It was only $5 less than my local tea house version but that one is much better quality and worth the extra money.
on June 26, 2015
Love it works great and yes the strainer does come out so you can clean it better you just have to give it a good tug. I love drinking my flat tummy tea in this even more now. Worth every penny and so far has fit on every cup i have. I pit the leafs in and just put it under my keurig and put 8oz of water into it and waalaa