Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Teavana Perfect Tea Spoon
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 23, 2014
Of course it's a very good picture. But in real life, the thing doesn't look like it. The metal is of cheap quality, not shiny, not matte, just very "eh". The edges are not smooth so if you are not careful you can cut yourself. Between the cup and the handle there is a yellow substance, some material they connected two parts with. Do I want to see it every time I look at the spoon? No. Honestly, I question the authenticity of this product. I would expect to find something like that in a dollar store, not on amazon branded Teavana. I am not grouchy and LOVE leaving positive reviews. But this one is total disappointment. Glad it was 4 dollars not 40.
review image review image
55 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
I'm surprised at how many reviewers are saying this spoon is accurate. While this is a great spoon for scooping loose leaf tea, and it's sturdily built, the measurement of the spoon itself is 2 teaspoons, not 1. So this isn't accurate at all, and makes you use more tea than what the directions actually call for. I like strong tea so I don't mind, but it's something to be aware of when using this spoon to measure.
44 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2014
One teaspoon = 4.93 mL and this holds nearly 7 mL so it's more of a "heaped teaspoon", as we used to call them. It is not 2 teaspoons (9.86 mL) though, as one reviewer suggested.

That being said, my life has really been changed by using such a wonderful device. Fabricated from two separate pieces of stainless steel fused together: one, a perfect half-globe bowl, the other a sculpted handle embossed with the mystical "Teavana" logo.
Never has such a perfectly balanced piece of apparatus been so widely available to the general public. My tea now tastes so wonderful because I am able to use the Teavana teaspoon, measuring out the delicate blossom-infused concoctions to delight my palate in such a unique way that only their products can, without damaging the delicate flower petals that seemed to be ok being shipped in bulk crates all over the world for weeks but which now can be apparently damaged irreparably unless I use a perfectly round spoon. Anyhow, not for me the harsh, ground beans that others wake their day with. Nor some simple breakfast tea. For me, it's a passion-fruit infused oolong-lapsang souchon mix harvested under a rainbow and infused with unicorn tears and fairy dust. Perfect.

Another Stabucks, er, I mean Teavana, winner.

Highly recommended
on January 2, 2015
When I first saw the reviews I could not believe that people were debating a “tea spoon” and a “teaspoon”, granted the English language is confusing, but we are talking about a $4 item that transfers loose leaf tea from a canister to a another device to steep leaves in.

As to how much actual leaf you will need, being one or two scoops, is a personal matter that this metal device can answer for you. Some like strong, some like weak, some like oolong, and some like white. How much leaf you use depends on you and not the utensil that you use.

Now back to the actually importance –it is just a scoop. I have never put it in the dishwasher since it lives its life in the tea canister so I cannot tell you about discoloration. I have no knowledge of gauges of metal so I cannot comment.

This is a nice decorative spoon that Teavana lovers will like to own. It adds just a little more for the tea junkies just like a Starbucks mug adds to your K-cups Pike’s Place in the morning.

Overall, if you are looking for precise measurements, you might want to look into a scale, but for me, this teaspoon-esque does what it needs to do to deliver tea to my cup.
Likes:
• Equal to a little more than a Full Teaspoon(small and deep enough to get loose tea in)
• Stainless steel (I run it through dishwasher)
• The looks is attractive ( I keep mine in the tea tins )
Suggestions:

• This is not 1 teaspoon, its almost 2
• Some tarnishing has started after one wash (see pic)

The Bottom Line:

If you are looking for a great spoon to scoop out loose tea and this is an excellent choice. Lets not get carried away…for under $4 you are not getting fine silverware. It’s just a cheap stainless steel large teaspoon. If you are good with that than you will love this product. I hope this helps you make your decision.
review image review image
on November 1, 2014
Let me start off by saying that I do love this product. It is attractive, it shipped quickly and does the job. It is made of brushed stainless steel, it has a nice weight to it etc... However, the listing says it is "exactly one teaspoon." That is incorrect, at least with the 3 of them I ordered.

Upon receiving these in the mail, I immediately did some experimenting with measurements. Two of these will actually over fill (just slightly mind you, but still) a tablespoon. Since there are 3 tsp in 1 tbs... these are more like 1 1/2 tsp. If the exact measurement isn't a big deal to you (which it really isn't for what I use them for) then get these. They are very nice and dishwasher safe. Do your own measurements at home though to see what yours come out to.
on October 11, 2012
So previously I was using your standard teaspoon to measure my tea but I was noticing that because of the shape of the spoon it was crushing the leaves and at the end of the tin, there was a lot of useless ashes. So I was ordering some tins from teavana, saw this and impulse bought it. It's great. The shape makes it much easier to scoop out of a 2 or 5 oz tin and is much gentler on the leaves. 4 stars instead of 5 because I also doubt that it is stainless steel. I handwash it though and don't wash it every day so I think it will be fine.
on May 5, 2015
I bought this because other reviewers indicated it would fit inside a tea tin; I wanted to keep a spoon stashed there for convenience, especially while traveling. But the handle is much too long, at least for a standard four-ounce package. The product is otherwise nicely made, but I'd _never_ have paid so much money for a simple measuring spoon if I'd known it wouldn't fit where I needed for it to go. I'll probably give it away to a fellow tea-lover and try to find something with a shorter handle.

Given that it _won't_ fit in a tea tin, why anyone would pay so much for a single very ordinary spoon is beyond me.
on October 3, 2014
I got my spoon today and found that it also has a spot on the back that is unplated, it's a goldish color (as some other reviewers said). It was obviously bigger than my teaspoon that I was using as a scoop for tea, so I measured it. It's a lot bigger than a teaspoon! So now I have to compensate by putting less in the spoon than I normally do with a real teaspoon. I needed my other teaspoon back with my measuring spoons so I could actually bake/cook with it as needed, which is why I bought this one. It's heavy duty, but that's about all the good I can say about it. Teavana is a high end brand (or so we think) but this is the second product from them that is no good :(
on February 25, 2015
Very disappointed because although it is indeed 1 teaspoon in measurement, it is narrow and deep. This prevents proper measurement of the larger leaf teas.

UPDATE: After ONLY 4 uses and being wiped out with a towel 4 times, the soldering that held the handle to the spoon released. It was never in a dishwasher. It has only been wiped with a clean towel before and after each use. I expected better from Teavana.