4.0 out of 5 stars Best Bible for the Kindle Fire
I've tried many other Bible Apps for the Kindle Fire and this one beats them all.

It does not require WiFi to operate, has many size fonts, can operate in Portrait and Landscape Modes. has a History button to go back to previously read verses.

Published on March 14, 2012 by Mitch Wein

Published on October 9, 2012 by Debbie

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Bible for the Kindle Fire, March 14, 2012
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)

I can get to any verse with just 3 taps. I can search any word and every verse containing it comes up instantly.

I can operate the NIV in one Window and the other Window can have the NIV Study Notes or the KJV in sync with the NIV.

The best feature for Bible Studies is the autoscroll control at up to 5 speeds. As the verses are being read the Bible scrolls down at the proper pace and pages never have to be turned.

The only necessity which Tecarta needs now is a Kindle Fire Android App for a Bible Dictionary and a Bible Encyclopedia which would both be rapidly searchable.

A few months after purchase:

Tecarta Bibles' index failed and verses could not be located. Solution was:

1. Go to Settings \ More \ Applications \ All Applications \ NVSB Bible
2. Clear Data under Storage
3. Go Menu \ Settings
4. Reset Local Content
5. Then restore font and font size and scroll access and scroll speed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Newer version with gender neutral revisions--would like an older NIV version, October 9, 2012
Debbie "lopezfam" (Porterville, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
Love having my Bible on my phone, always loved the NIV. However, this is a newer, politically correct, gender neutral version which is not an accurate translation. (When it came out in the general marketplace, it was called "Today's NIV"-I guess they got so much flack about their new version, they took out the "Today's" and made it standard NIV.) When you add words, you are not translating, you are adding commentary, in my opinion, to the Word of God. Will probably delete this version as soon as I find an older NIV available (there is a 1984 version in the iphone apps...) Hate wasting money, but hate more that when I read what I have known and memorized and find it is different.
Nope-won't make the difference between heaven and hell--but it is my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Bible App because it has the fastest verse lookup along with other great features., December 2, 2011
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
The one reviewer who gave this app one star did so only because he would have to pay for it. I'm sure he wasn't serious about trying it out.

Tecarta Bible apps are fast.. They have both the Wheel and three-tap way of searching for verses. Use the 3-tap! It is by far the fastest. Before I found this Tecarta Bible I rarely used my iphone or Kindle (Android) during church services or group Bible studies because most Bible apps have lookup which are too slow to keep up if the group is looking up a series of verses. If you are at all familiar with sequence of books in the Bible it is really fast. If you are not familiar with sequence of Bible books it is still fast because you don't have to scroll through a list or type in a reference - All Bible books are listed, in order, on one page. Tap the one you want. Then the chapter numbers for that book are shown. Then the verses for that chapter are shown. One screen books list, tap. A screen for chapter, tap. A screen for verses, tap. Fast as you can read those three sentences. It also keeps a list of what you have recently looked up so you can get back to them even faster than 3-tap. Navigation to other features is also quick and easy to navigate to.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't like this translation, September 21, 2012
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
I have regularly used an NIV since 1989. I must say, I'm disappointed with the updated translation. Please make the 1984 version available. Bottom line? App is great. Translation is not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good, February 21, 2013
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
I downloaded this NIV Bible to my Kindle Fire shortly after receiving the fire for Christmas 2011. I LOVED it right away and how easy it was to use. I especially loved the fact that it was easy to navigate and could highlight verses. Do not like the updated version at all, sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV App is wonderful, May 16, 2012
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
I bought the Kindle Fire so it would read the Biblr to me. My husband has the NKJ version of the bible and it does read it to him. I am not a fan of the NKJ bible as it is still hard to understand. I was I quite shocked when I called Amazon and they told me that the Fire does not do the text to speech This was the main reson I bought the Fire. I finally found an App to thr NIV bible. I decided to download it and see if it worked. I cannot be more pleased with it than I am. It does read the Bible ro me and actually reads the names, something that has been very difficult for me ro pronounce. I was also told by Amazon that the App would not speak the bible to me. I checked my husbands Bible and his was an app. I cannot tell you how much this App makes doing my biblestudy easier and more fun. If you are looking for a great App this is the one you want It is also an easier version of the Bible to understand as it is more in laymans terms. It is also very quick and easy to find the book, chapter and verse you want so it makes it easier to look up the Bible address your pastor may want you to reference. I very highly reccommend this App to anyone interested in learning about thr Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bible app!!, May 24, 2012
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
I love this Bible application! Navigation is quick and easy. I have this on my Kindle Fire as well as on my smart phone. If you register for free on the Tecarta website, you can sync all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, etc. with all your devices with the application. I have tried many different Bible apps out there and I have found this one to be by far the best. If you want to try out the app first without purchasing, download the free Tecarta KJV Bible available. That way you can test out the navigation and features.

1.0 out of 5 stars photos incorrect this is newer version, December 21, 2012
Janette M. Bennett (Cornell, Illinois, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
I purchased this because the photos showed text from the earlier version . I am not pleased to discover it is the newer version. I want my $ back.

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV bible for Android, June 7, 2012
This review is from: NIV Bible (App)
It's a wonderful efficient product except for the fact that you cannot zoom so you are stuck with the size of the print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, March 16, 2013
I ordered this NIV Bible from th
E my new mobile phone and I am very pleased. It is very intuitively designed

NIV Bible
NIV Bible by Tecarta, Inc.
$4.99