- Save 10% each on Qualifying Items offered by AudioTopia when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code TKOSPVCN at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
3-Year Musical Instruments Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Tech 21 BSDR SansAmp Bass Driver DI
|Price:||$199.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$51.00 (20%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 100% analog
- For stage and studio applications.
- 3 outputs to drive power amps, recording desks, PA mixers.
- Active EQ controls specifically tuned for bass, cut or boost 12dB.
- Blend control to combine the proportion of direct signal and SansAmp circuitry.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The controls offer a broad range of traditional bass amp sounds, including such meaty styles as Bassman® and SVT®, as well as raunchy, crunchy overdriven sounds that would typically require a multitude of effects units.
- PRESENCE: controls the amount of definition and upper harmonic content.
- DRIVE: adjusts the overall gain structure and overdrive.
- LEVEL: regulates the XLR and effected 1/4" output levels.
- BLEND: allows you to mix the direct bass signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry (which is particularly useful for basses equipped with piezo pickups).
- BASS & TREBLE: are active EQ controls, specifically tuned for bass guitar, that cut or boost +/- 12dB.
Phantom power operable, or uses optional DC power supply, Tech 21 Model #DC2, or 9V alkaline battery (not included).
Actual size: 4.5" x 3.5" x 1.5", Weight: 14 oz.
Top Customer Reviews
The sansamp is also a great boost for passive basses and gives them power without distorting the sound. All in all it's improved the sound of every bass I've ever owned from low to high end. Well worth it.
Let's face it, some places won't have the best backline for you to plug into so you need to be able to sculpt a good tone out of what they have. And let's face it, most people like the Ampeg tone which this pedal emulates (and very well).
The pedal gives you just enough control to quickly dial a nice sound. You plug in, power up and turn the knobs until you like what you hear. Judicious use of the blend knob makes up for the lack of a midrange control. I never felt hobbled by this design quirk.
Tonewise, this pedal is NOT transparent. It won't sound like your bass but with gain. You MUST accept the Ampeg tone emulation if you plan on buying this pedal. You can't dial it out. Purists will say it doesn't really duplicate an SVT. Well nothing will, but the Sansamp brings you close enough to fool most people especially live. As a former SVT owner, I think the Sansamp captures the "power tubes on the verge of breakup" sound very well while weighing 88 pounds less.
My only complaint about this pedal is that the switch is soft like a Moog or Markbass. It doesn't make a hard click like your typical MXR or EHX pedal. I have to be careful when I stomp on it to make sure I actually engaged/disengaged it. Other than that, I think everything about the construction is good. The DC jack is standard BOSS 9V, the knobs are easy to use and see while the overall size and shape of the effect is pedalboard friendly.
Once again, great DI with good pre but ONLY if you like the SVT vibe. If your tone goals steer you more towards clean then you might not like this pedal.
Or maybe you love your amp, especially its excellent built-in preamp, and see no need for a box like this? You're missing out on a ton of punch, clarity, subtlety, warmth, and tonal versatility. No matter how much you already like your amp's native tone! PLUS the direct-box ability for when you need a direct send to the PA or mixer.
No matter that your amp has an awesome tube preamp built in. That's great, and it's way better than not having one, but you'll still sound better with the Bass Driver DI in your input chain.
While this unit works great at all volume levels, one thing I'd like to point out is that for bass players practicing at lower volumes at home, this DI allows you to dial up a fat, inspiring tone that makes you enjoy practicing way more, without having to crank your volume before you can sound good. I know your tube preamp gain control already does that for ya... but this box will take that possibility far beyond what you already had.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Probably my favorite pedal. It makes my cheap rig sound incredible and you can go directly to board. It really makes an average amp sound amazing.Published 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
I don’t do a whole lot of live gigging so my main use for this is home recording.
For me one of the most difficult things to achieve in a home recording situation... Read more
100% satisfied on the bass tone...makes the tone I've always wanted available in seconds
In pro tools I usually have to duplicate and use a crossover so I only distort... Read more
I can plug my bass into a kitchen sink and it will still sound good thanks to this little box. Perfect for going direct into a PA with no amp (also great for recording direct).Published 8 months ago by Carmine T. Guida