Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

• Customer Reviews

on June 27, 2013
I left a poor review for this product because in retrospect I did not follow directions very well. I was contacted by Tech Armor the next day and they offered to send a replacement which arrived a few days later. After reviewing the installation video (which I should have done the first time) on their website I installed the Tech Armor on my Ipad without a bubble or wrinkle the first time and it looks as clear as not having anything there. I highly recommend this product and wish to compliment their customer service department in making it a very satisfactory purchasing experience. Because I now realize it was my lack of following directions if Tech Armor would send me a bill for the replacement I will gladly send them a check.

Thanks you it was a pleasure doing business with you.
33 comments142 of 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2012
I received the package today, and I must say, I was mighty impressed with how easy it was to apply the screen protector on my iPad 4. The package contained 2x Screen Protectors, Cleaning Cloth, Squeegee and Rectangular Tape. I was able to get the screen protector on the iPad on my first try without any air bubbles.

Here is what you should do. Follow the instruction on this site, but add one more step before proceeding from step 1 to step 2:

**1B** Apply on/off the rectangular tape all over the screen to remove any remaining lint/dust (Trust me, there will still be some lint/dust over the screen after cleaning with cleaning cloth).

Some observation afterwards:

Pros:
- Doesn't take away from the vividness of the retina display
- Precise cutout (See the images I've uploaded).
- No rainbow effect
- Easy, non-wet installation

Cons:
- Finger doesn't glide as easily along the screen as smoothly as it did without the screen protector.
- More prone to fingerprint/oil showing.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I'm not certain about the first con, but I'm hopeful that the tactile feel of the screen protector will improve over time as I use it.

Update: I'm happy to report that the tactile feel has improved a lot. I have updated the rating from 4/5 to 5/5.
review image review image
11 comment250 of 262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2012
Look carefully at the product number on your order. There is a reflective and anti-reflective version of this product. You will probably want the anti-reflective version (Model # SP-AGF-APL-ID-2) because it reduces the annoying glare from ceiling lights while you work. The only benefit of the reflective version is that, as with the iPad screen itself, you can see who is behind you / looking over your shoulder in the screen's reflection, and for some people, that is important. So double check the product numbers carefully and purchase the version that best suits your needs.

Before applying this product, I cleaned the iPad screen thoroughly but gently with disposable lens wipes made for eyeglasses (Zeiss and Bausch and Lomb brands). I found that once the protective film is removed, the product must be applied quickly, otherwise dust from the air will start sticking to the film. Even the tiniest piece of dust between the film and the screen will ruin the screen's appearance. It takes some skill to get the film placed correctly. They give you 2 films--2 tries to get it right.

The product functions very well and I would highly recommend it.
22 comments139 of 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
It's is an awesome product. When I got my iPad first, I went to the mall and had a screen protector installed for $15. Yeah, you may probably know that that's the going rate to install a piece of plastic on our beloved iPad :-). I am glad I did a mistake of buying a anti glare screen at the mall. Because I felt it right away that with iPad's retina display, anti glare screen protector is probably a joke. You need a HD screen protector such as Tech Armor and personally I like the clear screen protector over anti glare because the clear one preserves the beautiful display of iPad's retina screen. So, I got home from the mall and started looking in amazon for a clear screen protector and found that Tech Armor had glowing reviews, thanks to amazon community. I ordered right away and got it in 2 days delivered with my prime shipping. I watched a a youtube video to see how to apply a screen protector. There are a lot of such videos in YouTube. Then I got into action. I removed my anti glare, pos protector and cleaned the display with the lint free cloth that comes with Tech Armor. Then just followed the steps in the video. It took me some time to align the home button with the cut out on the protector. Once that's done, it was a breeze. I was done within like 7 mins in total. There were a couple of bubbles at the bottom of the iPad and I ironed them out quick. When I looked at the iPad after applying this protector, what a world of difference between this and my mall-applied one. This one is much more lively, vivid and also sooo soft to the touch. I LOVE this screen protector. Very clear screen and very soft to the touch! I knew the difference right away because the mall-applied one was a little rough to touch and obviously killed the retina display's advantage because of the anti glare I chose.

Anyways, in conclusion, please don't waste ur money in the mall for protecting ur iPad's precious screen. Don't buy the overly priced ZAGG like protectors as well. Under $8 , u can buy this Tech Armor and spend few mins to watch the instruction video and apply it ur self. U will be glad that u did. Not only u save the money,but u also get a much better quality product. Thanks Tech Armor for a wonderful product and Thanks Amazon for the fast shipping.
11 comment66 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2012
This is the BEST screen protector on the market and it's cheap u can't even tell one is on there it's so clear IT'S WORTH THE .MONEY I HAVE THEM ON ALL MY DEVICES
0Comment56 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2012
The product works great. I was skeptical at first because of the air bubbles but soon I worked them out with the soft touch pad. It was simple to install and was ready for use within 5 minutes. I feel more confident that my IPAD won't get scratched, Anti-Glare works great for reading and no finger prints! Highly Recommend the product.
0Comment34 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
I successfully installed this protector perfectly on the first try. It feels great on my new ipad 4.

1. Run the hot shower, place bright light near working area
2. Clean the screen with a damp microfiber cloth, then use a dry one
3. Use can of compressed air to get every speck of dust off, compressed air is key to success
4. Immediately peal 2 inches, hold over ipad and line up the home and camera holes, get those first two inches down fast!
5. Hold the entire protector down while getting the bubbles out of first two inches with the other hand and make sure it's lined up
6. Lift the remaining uninstalled part of the protector up a little, Blast the compressed air sideways across screen
7. Quickly peal the rest off keeping the protector as close to screen as possible while you peal.
8. The key is to get it down fast with no dust.
9. There will be a ton of bubbles but they all come out rather easily as long as there is no dust!
10. I found the included paper bubble remover card way too flimsy. I used a stiffer plastic one.
0Comment22 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2012
Glad I ordered a screen protector that comes in a two pack! I have installed tons of screen protectors on iPhones but this was my first iPad install. Messed up the first one with particles under it during install. My fault not the products. Second one (in two pack) worked great on my kids iPad4.

Install Tip: spend 5-10 mins and watch a youtube video or two to learn how to best install. Clean work area before starting. Clean screen to remove ALL dust and debrie. use 2-4 pieces of scotch tape to add more holding tabs on the sides of protector (like the pull tabs protector comes with). This helps a lot when trying to align.
0Comment22 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
I tried the anti-glare protector but the screen became really grainy. This is the best I've tried to preserve the clarity of the screen.
0Comment26 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2012
Got it on without any dust underneath on the first try. This is a very well made film and if you can get it on correctly, will be worth every penny. Fits perfectly on my new iPad 4th generation. I also use the iPhone 5 screen protector. Excellent films!
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse