Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kindle Fire HD Screen Protector, Tech Armor High Definition HD-Clear Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (2012) Screen Protector [2-Pack]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 30, 2012
Can't complain here. I got my Kindle for Christmas and its so pretty I couldn't stand to see it get scratched and dinged. After hunting through quite a few options, I landed on this protector and am happy I did. I've purchased a number of screen protectors over the years for different devices and these rank right up at the top of the list. Here's what to like:

- Easy to install. Directions are easily understood and there's no special glue or water required. Just peel and stick. The adhesive is forgiving and you can lift and reposition if needed.
- Cloth and card included. Use the polishing cloth to achieve a nice clean screen. Use the card to press out all of the air bubbles.
- Clear and clean. Some protectors I've purchased seem to dim the image and others have waves or other distortion. Nothing noticeable so far here. Image remains crisp and bright.
- You get 2. My first one went on fine, but if you have issues with dust, etc on your first shot - you have a backup. Plus I imagine in 6 months or so I'll want to replace it. Most protectors start lifting around the edges and getting dirty. So it's nice to have an extra.
- Very nice fit. The holes for the camera and light sensor lined up perfectly. There was only a small (.5 mm?) gap around all of the edges. Looks very nice.

By the way, this came very well packaged.
0Comment| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2013
I bought this protector for our Fire HD 7" and I loved it so much, I purchased it for our Fire HD 8.9 & our Kindle Touch!
I have tried so many different screen protectors & found this protector to be of the best quality with a great price. Even with the matte finish for the anti-glare, the screen is clear without annoying visual distortion. Additionally, there is no change in the screen's sensitivity & works great with or without a stylus.
Tech Armor's screen protectors are easier to apply than others because, unlike many, this one is actually thicker & sturdier. This makes it easier to align or realign on your device, creates very few bubbles, provides better protection, is easier to clean, & lasts a long time.
The Anti-Glare protection works great without creating visual distortion. The anti-glare does affect the light sensor but this can be fixed by setting the "Automatic Brightness" control to "off."
The Anti-Fingerprint is the only thing I would like to see improved. If you use hand lotion, forget it--you are going to leave prints. The screen is easy to clean though.
Tech Armor is easy and quick to apply. If you follow their application instructions & tips, there will only be a few air bubbles left, that are quick & easy to push out. Easy & successful installation depends on following the instructions & tips exactly. It is important to wash your hands & to apply it in a clean room with no animals or running fans so you don't disturb the dust or lint particles in the room. Pushing out any remaining bubbles can be done without the card provided. Using the cloth works well to not only remove bubbles, but to also smooth the protector firmly across the device screen. **Make sure you use the clear protective layer to cover the protector & the cloth provided while you are pushing out the bubbles or smoothing down the surface. If you do use the card, cover it's edge with the cloth. **If you only have one protective layer, once it is removed, use it to cover the protector before removing bubbles or smoothing. Doing this will prevent your screen from scratching.
**After application, if you see any bubbles that won't work out, it is most likely a dust particle, lint, hair etc. To remove it, lift the edge closest to the bubble with a piece of scotch tape. Holding this section up, place a piece of double folded-over scotch tape on the particle & gently tap to remove the particle from the protector and/or device screen. Go to their website to watch the video and read additional tips--trust me, you will save yourself a lot of time & the installation will be quick & easy.
This comes with a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. When I had to order a replacement (because I ruined mine by not following instructions), Tech Armor responded in less than 24 hours & shipped me a replacement with no questions asked. Dealing with this company was fast & above all, hassle-free
on February 1, 2013
One of these days, Tablets will come with protectors already on them.

Actual Score:
3.6

INSTRUCTIONS:
Take your time and follow the directions they give on their website. The pro tips and advanced instructions are not complex I do not understand why they aren't included with the package. Perhaps they are trying to draw customers to their website?

INSTALLATION:
The first screen I attempted made me realize the protector does not envelop the screen. This is probably to help prevent screen overhang. Overhang = Side Bubble. There are no bright guides on the top piece of protective film and I found myself realigning the protector multiple times before finally getting it squared. It was riddled with dust, despite the steamy bathroom environment. I mostly blame myself for not getting it lined up on the first go, properly. I spent an hour trying to remove all the dust and eventually creased a corner and gave up for the time-being.

Later, I gave a go with the 2nd screen. This time I didn't focus on getting a perfect alignment of the screen, so it is slightly off but I'll live with it. There were only a few dust spots around the edge that were quickly corrected with the included dust tape. The end result was a near flawless application minus the small bit of overhang in one corner with a tiny open air bubble.

TRACKING:
While using the Kindle, I noticed at times I lost tracking. This happened on flat parts of the screen that weren't littered with dusty bubbles. This was probably my only real concern. It may lessen over time. It seems infrequent, but still problematic. Perhaps I did something wrong during the installation?

Final Notes:
Look. It is a big screen. All screen protectors like this will probably be just as difficult to install. I don't imagine anyone will be a fan of putting a screen on badly and having it riddled with dust bubbles.

I would have liked all the instructions included in the packaging.

The protector's top film covering could've used some brightly colored guides (dotted lines) to help in the initial application of the protector or perhaps even some temporary stickers to place in the corners as that would allow proper alignment of the protector before removing the film.
44 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
Great product!
~I ordered them on January 1st and expected them on the 4th due to it being a holiday. They came on the 3rd which was fantastic

~Product came in typical bubble wrapped envelope which i was fine with

~Applying it on the Kindle was easy. I did notice in the instructions that is says to use the included dust tape remover to get rid of the dust. I didn't have tape included in my package. I was able to just use the cloth and squeegee and apply it perfectly.

I realize the product title says (2 pack) and so does the front of the package but on the bottom of the back, it says 3 pack on the label. I have no problem with this because i still have the other one i can use as a replacement if i need to.

Also, if you zoom in on the product picture it has 3 pack on the top right of the first photo. No problem, just an observation.

Overall, I love this screen protector for my Kindle and already have some for my iPhone 4S when i need to replace them.

Plus, if i do need more protectors, they are backed by the lifetime warranty. Fantastic!

Will order Tech Armor protectors for new products in the future.
on December 20, 2012
the one thing I didn't enjoy about the fire was the shiny screen this dulls it down and makes using the tablet in direct light much easier on the eyes without having to tilt the screen to odd angles as much.
on December 7, 2012
I found that if you are reasonably careful and follow the directions, the screen goes on perfectly. Not one bubble left over.
on May 10, 2013
absolutely fantastic. easiest to apply of any I have done, and not a single bubble. I like the way it feels under my fingers, gives a sort of grip to the screen, and the matte is very effective in reducing glare. It is also very fingerprint resistant.
All components advertised were included. some reviewers say that the thing you use to smooth bubbles out isn't included, but it is- I used this like a month ago so I am trying to think back, but if I am remembering correctly it has writing on it and is more of a paper/cardboard like material so I didn't recognize what it was for at first, but it worked perfectly for the job. Directions were also included, and they also have an online video showing you how if you haven't done it before.
on June 3, 2013
This is one of the easiest screen protectors that I have ever found. It was so easy to apply and it is streak and bubble free. This is an excellent choice for people who have trouble putting these things on. I highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a shield protector.
on December 28, 2012
Easy to apply, no bubbles on screen and fits perfectly. I had a delivery address problem and they were incredibly responsive. I highly recommend
on February 7, 2013
I bought this based on reviews, most of the time we choose screen protectors that have the wet install because they have always worked better. I read the instructions thoroughly...twice just to make sure then started. The first installation went ok up until the last sheet of plastic was supposed to come off. I pulled it off carefully but the screen protector came up with it and when I tried to put it back in place even the slightest dust speck was causing bubbles. So I chucked the first one and started over. Cleaned everything off again or so I though and got it put down. But there were still some bubbles with dust specks, so I used the tape and their method of gently pulling up the area with the particle and using the sticky tape to remove it. But it just got worse and worse and worse. Every time I would pull it up to remove a particle another would appear. Because it is sticky and you don't use wet install every particle just sticks to the back of the protector. Maybe in a climate that isn't dry and dusty or a house without any particles floating in the air it might work. I am not new at screen protector installation and this was by far the worst experience.
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse