Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tech Armor Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display / iPad mini High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors -- Maximum Clarit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 17, 2013
After writing a review about the difficulty I had installing the screen protector, Tech Armor contacted me and offered to replace the protector and advised me to watch their video on proper installation. Although I did not take them up on their offer, they sent me a replacement anyway. I was shocked that a company would do such a thing unsolicited. After watching the video, I installed the screen protector without a problem. Tech Armor now has my confidence as a stand-up company willing to back their products. I therefore change my rating to 5 stars. I would recommend Tech Armor products to anyone looking for a good product backed by a company with integrity.
88 comments| 559 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
I was very nervous about putting on a screen protector for my new ipad mini. I have an ipad 2 and paid Best Buy to put it on. I just couldn't deal with the hassle and knowing you only get one protector usually, I wanted it done right. Cue to the fact that I mistakenly purchased the anti-glare protector which totally distorted the pixels on the ipad2's display so my big warning is NOT to purchase anti-glare unless you are prepared for the visual distortion to your lovely screen. I ended up ripping that one off and having to buy a clear protector that a friend was nice enough to install for me.

When I decided to treat myself to a mini, I knew I needed a screen protector but I certainly didn't want to pay $25 for just one...you live you learn. I perused Amazon and came across the Tech Armor protectors. I read some of the reviews but mostly loved the low price point and that you get 3 to a package. I purchased 2 packets of protectors just in case I royally kept screwing it up.

Well, to my delightful surprise, this installation couldn't have been easier. I'm literally stunned that I was able to install one on my very first try! It also took me about 5 minutes to accomplish this. The enclosed instructions are very easy...no spray...just a cloth, the card to smooth out the bubbles, etc and the protectors. I think it was easier to have a much smaller screen to work with. One thing I did which may help you is that I put the mini ON TOP of the bottom of the box it came in. This provided me a better height advantage as well as less dust to encounter. I left my mini to set overnight with the new screen protector...it really came out beautiful...I must say.

Thank you Tech for a great product and very simple instructions. I'd purchase more from this company in the future.
22 comments| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2014
I really like this brand -- have used them for all our iPhones and iPads and they seem to be durable, adhere well, and are nice to look through.
I also find them relatively easy to install -- and its great that they include tape, cloth, and a card all right in the kit.
The value of 3 protectors for 1 price is also very solid.

For several years I used the mediadevil (?) brand and I liked the feel of the matte protector but I found that it distorted the screen image. When I switched to these, I was pleased with the improvement of the image. However there is a tradeoff -- fingerprints are perhaps more noticeable than even with the bare iPad screen if you can believe it.

I've never had to use their lifetime warranty thing - so I can't comment on that. But overall, I'm really satisfied with the value of this brand. You probably could get higher quality for a higher price; but it's a bargain for 3 protectors in one box for what you pay -- with prime shipping.
review image
on August 20, 2014
Have only had this put on my iPad Mini for a total of 9 days. Then it happened....my daughter getting out of the car dropped it, face open, it bounced off the curb and landed in the gutter. Total panic hit, no water in the gutter but the face of the iPad shattered. Looking closer, then removing the Tech Armor protective shield, it was ONLY the shield that shattered and into tiny shards of glass.The Tech Armor protective shield took the entire brunt of the fall and the iPad Mini is perfect. I'm extremely pleased, this product did exactly what it was supposed to do, and I just happily ordered a new one. Aside from the case, I've now spent $60.00 in less then two weeks to protect it. That's much cheaper then replacing the iPad. One word of caution, when removing the shattered shield, it will shatter even more and the pieces of glass are tiny.
on March 12, 2013
This is easy to install and will help protect my ipad from scratches.
The film does blur the image on the screen slightly so next time I will try one without the anti-glare and see if that helps.
I figure I will use these but next time try one that is not anti-glare. (Tech Armor carry's both.)

Revision ...
The company emailed me regarding the review and offered to change out the anti-glare screen protector with the other film that they offer for the mini.
Looks like the benefit to anti-glare is the soft/ feel touch and I can confirm that is true!
1. Reducing Glare
2. Reducing Fingerprints and Smudges
3. Has a soft feel/touch (Often preferred by gamers and power users)

Great customer service. Contact them if you are not sure which screen protector you should buy!
*** I have been out of town for a few days but upon arriving home today, I was happy to find the new non-matte screen protector. THANKS!
22 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
This was exactly what i was looking for in an ipad mini screen protector.
I wanted one that wasn't really visible while on the device, and didn't show fingerprints as much as the screen itself... check and check!
There is a little bit of space on the top and bottom, but I just wanted my actual screen covered, and the space it doesn't cover is so small, as it makes no difference.
Overall, very happy with product! Good snag if you can under $7 or so.
11 comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
Wonderful screen protectors worth the money. I love the fact that you get three in a pack it is so cost effective. Purchased a screen protector from best buy cost three times as much and only had one in the pack wished I had checked amazon first.
on March 23, 2013
For me, putting on screen protectors get me paranoid I will mess up. So I wasn't really confident in doing this.
First, I made sure that there was no dust particles on my mini and then used the dust tape for anything else that might have been stuck to it.

The hard part.... aligning it correctly. Usually my problem with screen protectors is that I totally miss the camera hole or the home button. So I peeled number 1, 2 inches away and started aligning it. But I got paranoid, so then I kept on repositioning it, lifting it up and down. As I went half way down pulling number 1, I felt that it wasn't aligned, so I pulled it up and repositioned it again. And I thought to myself, I should just put it down and see what happens. So I did and surprisingly it was aligned. It didn't look that way as I was putting it down.

After that, a little dust particles did get in (because I kept on moving it of course--mostly on sides, not middle!), but I was able to take them out with the dust tape that was included! I just lifted it up and used the tape to pick up anything, then did the same on the adhesive part. Put it down and it was almost perfect. After everything was good. I noticed a little dust particle on where I ended. I already pulled out number 2 cover, but I was able to successfully take it out. Used the dust tape to lift up the screen and then carefully used the dust tape again to take out the dust.

Now it came out pretty perfect, not noticeable, no bubbles, and it doesn't distort the screen. I have 2 extras which can probably last me forever. Totally recommend!
on May 15, 2013
This was my first Tech Armor purchase and suffice to say, I was a bit hesitant. The consistently high reviews on their products and customer service made this iPad Mini purchase ($39.95) MUCH easier to digest.

The Ballistic Glass arrived earlier than I anticipated, the packaging was professional, and the instructions were VERY detailed melting away any lingering fear I had in this company/product. Although the instructions were clear, I went to the Tech Armor website to watch their Ballistic Glass Install Video, mainly because I didn't want to squander this one-time install and I have never done this before.

To my delightful surprise the installation went without a hitch! Just make sure there aren't any dust particles... I didn't have this issue but this point is highlighted by other customers and Tech Armor. Apparently, it is the main reason for causing bubbles? Once the product was installed there were some wave patterns, but as specified in the video it did, in fact, disappear after 24 hrs.

Now, the glass is pretty much invisible and I am not seeing nearly as many fingerprints as I anticipated. The Glass protector is a bit pronounced, but not nearly enough for anyone to notice. Since I am using a case for my iPad Mini, it adheres to the Ballistic Glass making that pronouncement on my iPad unnoticeable. I've had this on for three days now and although I have not, thankfully, tested this out in the field by dropping my Mini, it does feel like it could easily withstand my clumsiness!

I highly recommend this product even at this price point... We all spend so much on our devices and it just makes sense to put a tad more into protecting these valuables. I doubt I will even try a plastic screen protector as I can't imagine it is easier to install or has the Ballistic Glass level of protection.

Overall, I'm very happy w/ this purchase and absolutely recommend Ballistic Glass for the iPad Mini!
on October 17, 2013
Good product.
************
UPDATE: I have now also purchased two tech armor iphone 5 ballistic glass protectors as well as the one for the mini. The rounded edges of the phone protector makes it seem even thinner than the iPad one.

All installations have gone perfect if you follow the instructions. INSTALLATION TIP: align screen protector perfectly before removing the back plastic, when aligned use masking tape to lightly keep the protector in perfect alignment - along a straight edge of the protector and the phone- before removing the backing to apply adhere it to the phone.
I messed this up on one phone and was able to gently peel the protector back up and re-align twice without and damage to the adhesive. Iit looks and feels great on my phone.

************

Installation: I've applied a number of screen protectors and this one was easy. After cleaning the iPad screen and getting it 100% dust free, I applied the glass screen protector as per the included instructions. When it gets set gently on the screen, you can still move it around a bit for that precise placement. Once you push down on it at all, that's when it starts to stick to the screen. I got my placement correct and pushed it down in the "t" shape as instructed and worked the bubble out. There were still bubbles and I got worried that they wouldn't disappear.
After sitting and "curing" for about 4 hours all bubble and off-looking marks under the screen protector had gone away and it looks perfect now!

It's amazingly clear and feels great to the touch!

It hasn't been dropped yet, but it seems like a sturdy product.