Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

on October 25, 2012
This screen protector is a perfect fit for the new ipod touch 5g. I had bought another more expensive one from Amazon and returned it since it did not fit. Given this one was cheaper than some of the more expensive ones, I hesitated a little because I have bought cheap screen protectors in the past and been disappointed in the quality and fit. This one however is great and highly recommended. It goes on easy and isn't a hard plastic film like some of the protectors. It leaves a smooth, clean surface and doesn't affect the quality of images or the use of the touch screen at all. The packet contains 3 screen protectors.
on June 8, 2013
....Let me tell you a little secret I learned while working for a cellphone company... TAPE!
When putting on screen protectors tape is essential. After you use the cloth to wipe of any finger prints take a piece of tape and stick it all over your device. This gets up any dust particles that float around. Then apply the protector. IF you see any bubbles that are not air, i.e they have a little white dot in the middle, you have a dust particle and will not be able to get that bubble out. If this happens, take another piece of tape and press it against the protector and lift the protector off slightly near the bubble. Once you get the protector up (sometimes you have to press your fingernail to a corner to get it to lift), place another piece of tape in between the device and the protector. This keeps it from sticking back together while you capture the particle. Now, take a piece of tape and stick it on the particle. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the particle is on the device or protector so I usually stick the tape to both sides. Once you've captured the offending particle take out the tape that was preventing the protector from sticking to the device and voilà!
on October 21, 2012
I've had this Tech Armor screen protector on my iPod touch 5th gen for about a week now, and I'm very pleased with it.

It was easy to apply, and I didn't end up screwing up and wasting/ruining the first screen protector in the pack like I have with other smartphone and device screen protectors in the past. It's very clear and transparent, and doesn't visibly degrade viewing of the screen. I haven't noticed any reduced touch response/sensitivity since applying this screen protector. It does collect fingerprints, but not too badly (certainly not any worse than the glass screen itself). I've wiped it off a few times without leaving scratches behind.

The hole for the front-facing camera and for the main button are placed well, and the protector fits the screen accurately and covers edge-to-edge. Pair this with a good case and you'll keep your iPod touch in good condition. Enjoy!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 9, 2012
Before applying case I watched the video to learn how to do it even though It looked easy ...
I tried first time and it came out awful, bubbles everywhere... Problem is that it is hard to make it straight starting from home as when I did it the top looked a little crooked also there were bubbles everywhere that did not go away with squeeze. Tried and tried to fix it, used tape to get out bubbles and nothing , so there went 1st of 3 covers.
Second time I read the answers from tech to use steam so I turned on bath and had my husband give it a try. Well result was even worse than mine, bubbles everywhere yet again... so there went 2nd cover.
3rd time I tried on the bathroom with shower going full steam. Washed my hand and cleaned screen very very well. also looked at reflection to see if any dust was there. Well it came out decent, there are still 4 small bubbles but I have no more covers left and it looks ok ....
I am waiting for customer service to send me a replacement , if they do i might try once again.
Truth to be told , It is a real hard thing to get just perfect but once it is in there, the screen is nice and real see through... if only it was easier to apply...

PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS EMAILED TO ME BY CUSTOMER SERVICE, they are helpful when applying:

With regard to the bubbles, they are almost always caused by dust. An easy way to avoid bubbles caused by dust is trying to install the product in a humid environment (i.e. Bathroom with the sink or shower on to create steam). You need to be careful with the cloth you use to clean it as well, so shake it out if it has been sitting around so there is no dust on it.

Before you apply the protector, hold your device so you can see the reflection and make sure there is no dust.

Next, follow our instructions:
Installation
1. Wash and dry your hands and clean your device screen with the polishing cloth
2. Peel back half of "Tab 1" protective layer to expose adhesive
3. Align the screen protector to the home button at the bottom of the screen
4. Slowly apply the screen protector to the surface of the screen while smoothing out bubbles as you go with the squeegee.
5. Lift up a small portion of "Tab 2" (All HD High Definition Clear Screen Protectors, All Mirror Screen Protectors and all Samsung Screen Protectors have 2 Protective layers (antiglare and privacy screens have one) . Then place your finger on screen protector below and slowly remove the protective layer then discard
6. Cover the squeegee with polishing cloth and smooth out the remaining bubbles. For best results, start from the center and push bubbles out towards the edges of the screen
7. Polish once more and enjoy your Tech Armor Screen protector
1. If you do get a bubble see the following:
Air Bubbles can easily be pushed out using the squeegee provided.

Dust and/or lint bubbles can be identifiable by dark spots inside the bubble or a bubble with a tiny fiber or hair inside.

After identifying a Dust and/or lint bubbles, you will need transparent tape (we recommend using a branded version such as Scotch) to remove dust from your screen protector. (Do not use commercial grade tape such as duct or gorilla tape, glue from the tape may stick on the protector or your device).

Cut a few two inch strips of the transparent tape. Adhere one strip to the edge nearest the dust/lint bubble and carefully lift the screen protector to expose the adhesive side of the screen with the bubbles. Then use the second strip of tape to softly dab the adhesive side of the transparent tape against the sticky side of the screen protector to grab and remove the dust or lint from the screen protector.

Be patient and repeat this process as many times as necessary to remove all bubbles. (Use care and do not touch the adhesive side of the screen protector with your finger. This can cause blurring on the protector).

Gently lay the screen protector back down on the display and remove the transparent tape.

Smooth any remaining bubble with squeegee to complete the installation.

Clean the screen one last time with micro-fiber cloth to complete the installation process.
on November 15, 2012
On the second installation, I had no air bubbles and everything looked perfect. One word of advice: if you want the air bubbles completely gone, you have to remove ALL pieces of dust RIGHT BEFORE installation. The ambient dust WILL get on the screen quickly and WILL cause slight "dust bubbles". Another advice is to BE PERSISTENT in removing air bubbles. Don't give up and install another one. Keep using your credit card to push every last bit of air out. It took me ~10 minutes to fully remove every slight bubble.

As for the feel of the screen protector, it is matte. It feels like the aluminum back of your iPod, except more plastic. It feels NICE. It's slippery, and when touched will leave little to no fingerprints. It has enhanced my already great experience with my iPod.

BUT there's one flaw which could potentially mar this product for some people: The screen protector will cause a bit of rainbow colored noise. If you want to see how this looks like, Photoshop can simulate almost exactly the image distortion that this screen protector will do. In Photoshop, use any image, and Filter -> Noise -> Add Noise -> 10%. It's noticeable. For me, this is a worthy trade-off for the awesome matte feel and quality of product.

One thing of note: this noise only shows up for bright sections of the screen. That means when screen is white, the noise is much more noticeable. When the screen is black, there is no noise whatsoever.

Another note: The product image does not exactly match the actual product. In the image, the part below the home button is cut off, but in the actual product this is included.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 4, 2013
I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm glad application went pretty well.

Installation was easier than I expected. Make sure you clean your itouch very well and this protector almost sucked to screen itself. All I did was a little guidance and lift it up once when I caught one bubble. Also as some reviewer said you have to pay attention which side of the protector should contact screen.

I have to say the hardest part of installation was to clean my itouch screen completely which is nothing to do with the product itself ;P. Once it's cleaned it's easy to install.
I wiped, wiped and wiped and still I managed to trap dust. Fortunately it was in that white frame area so I didn't redo or use the included tape to remove dust, thought it would be better left that way than messing it up.

This protector is very clear and my oily fingers leave tracks quite a bit but that's ok, I can wipe it off and I prefer it than anti-glare type. Retina display is still very clear with this on and no problem with touch sensitivity.
review image review image
on November 5, 2012
This screen protector had the easiest application I have ever used. I messed up on the allignment of the protector with my Ipod and was able to move it around for correction. It adheres perfectly and looks as if there is nothing there. I've never written a review on Amazon with my many purchases, but this item has earned a review!
on November 9, 2012
Great product, but I had trouble getting the protectors on my new iTouch's screen w/o trapping dust underneath. Drove me crazy. So I went through the original 3 and contacted customer service. They sent me some tips (like placing it on screen in a steamy room, i.e. bathroom while the showers running) and a brand new pack of 3 protectors! I got them 3 days after the initial phone call. So impressed Nd my screen looks great! Thanks Tech Armor!
on November 8, 2012
These screen protectors arrived on time and perform better than expected. They went on smoothly and without any bubbles. I have struggled with applying screen protectors in the past but these were so easy! I had absolutely no issues with applying the protector and it seems to be higher quality than the ones I have used in the past. Believe all the reviews because these are worth it. Also, with the warranty, where can you go wrong?
on October 14, 2012
I was skeptical at first, because I ordered the protectors before the new iPod Touch were being shipped by Apple and wasn't sure if they would fit well or not, but I wanted to have screen protection the minute I received my new iPod touch. Not only do these protectors fit extremely well, they were easy to apply - I bought a 3 pack and installed one perfectly on the first time with no bubbles! These protectors also have the greatest finish I've tried on matte anti-glare protectors!!!