Most helpful critical review
34 of 35 people found the following review helpful
If at first you don't succeed then try again and again and again...
on December 9, 2012
Before applying case I watched the video to learn how to do it even though It looked easy ...
I tried first time and it came out awful, bubbles everywhere... Problem is that it is hard to make it straight starting from home as when I did it the top looked a little crooked also there were bubbles everywhere that did not go away with squeeze. Tried and tried to fix it, used tape to get out bubbles and nothing , so there went 1st of 3 covers.
Second time I read the answers from tech to use steam so I turned on bath and had my husband give it a try. Well result was even worse than mine, bubbles everywhere yet again... so there went 2nd cover.
3rd time I tried on the bathroom with shower going full steam. Washed my hand and cleaned screen very very well. also looked at reflection to see if any dust was there. Well it came out decent, there are still 4 small bubbles but I have no more covers left and it looks ok ....
I am waiting for customer service to send me a replacement , if they do i might try once again.
Truth to be told , It is a real hard thing to get just perfect but once it is in there, the screen is nice and real see through... if only it was easier to apply...
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS EMAILED TO ME BY CUSTOMER SERVICE, they are helpful when applying:
With regard to the bubbles, they are almost always caused by dust. An easy way to avoid bubbles caused by dust is trying to install the product in a humid environment (i.e. Bathroom with the sink or shower on to create steam). You need to be careful with the cloth you use to clean it as well, so shake it out if it has been sitting around so there is no dust on it.
Before you apply the protector, hold your device so you can see the reflection and make sure there is no dust.
Next, follow our instructions:
1. Wash and dry your hands and clean your device screen with the polishing cloth
2. Peel back half of "Tab 1" protective layer to expose adhesive
3. Align the screen protector to the home button at the bottom of the screen
4. Slowly apply the screen protector to the surface of the screen while smoothing out bubbles as you go with the squeegee.
5. Lift up a small portion of "Tab 2" (All HD High Definition Clear Screen Protectors, All Mirror Screen Protectors and all Samsung Screen Protectors have 2 Protective layers (antiglare and privacy screens have one) . Then place your finger on screen protector below and slowly remove the protective layer then discard
6. Cover the squeegee with polishing cloth and smooth out the remaining bubbles. For best results, start from the center and push bubbles out towards the edges of the screen
7. Polish once more and enjoy your Tech Armor Screen protector
1. If you do get a bubble see the following:
Air Bubbles can easily be pushed out using the squeegee provided.
Dust and/or lint bubbles can be identifiable by dark spots inside the bubble or a bubble with a tiny fiber or hair inside.
After identifying a Dust and/or lint bubbles, you will need transparent tape (we recommend using a branded version such as Scotch) to remove dust from your screen protector. (Do not use commercial grade tape such as duct or gorilla tape, glue from the tape may stick on the protector or your device).
Cut a few two inch strips of the transparent tape. Adhere one strip to the edge nearest the dust/lint bubble and carefully lift the screen protector to expose the adhesive side of the screen with the bubbles. Then use the second strip of tape to softly dab the adhesive side of the transparent tape against the sticky side of the screen protector to grab and remove the dust or lint from the screen protector.
Be patient and repeat this process as many times as necessary to remove all bubbles. (Use care and do not touch the adhesive side of the screen protector with your finger. This can cause blurring on the protector).
Gently lay the screen protector back down on the display and remove the transparent tape.
Smooth any remaining bubble with squeegee to complete the installation.
Clean the screen one last time with micro-fiber cloth to complete the installation process.