1,620 Reviews
 (1,018)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good screen protector if you don't mess up. :)
Only had 2 screen protectors in the pack which made it hard to install. I had to wait about 6 days to get my replacement and try again. Thankfully the 3rd one worked. It was a long 6 days though.

iPad Air Screen Protectors by iSmooth

Published 7 days ago by Ryann Brennan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly!!!
Published 7 months ago by gst

4.0 out of 5 stars Good screen protector if you don't mess up. :), August 15, 2014
This review is from: Tech Armor Apple iPad Air (Generation 5) High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors -- Maximum Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy [2Pack] Lifetime Warranty (Office Product)

iPad Air Screen Protectors by iSmooth

I found this screen protector that I like even better. The installation video gave me a lot of good tips. Just a heads up.

5.0 out of 5 stars I prefer the Clear, but Anti-Glare is good too., November 6, 2013
Scott "Scott" (Northwest Washington) - See all my reviews
Bought both the Clear and the Anti-Glare.

Both were excellent quality materials and well made. Easily installed by lining up first and using painter's tape at bottom to make a "hinge" before removing the protective backing. Went on with just a few dust specks which were then easily removed using the included stickers.

I tried the anti-glare first. It does cut the glare and fingerprints are less noticeable, as advertised. But as you might expect, it does cut the sharpness of the display a little bit as well because it gives a "frosted" look to the display in order to achieve the anti-glare property. As you scroll a page, it looks as if it is moving below a layer of fine dust or dirt. It isn't horrible, but I found it distracting. It is a trade-off for less reflection and less noticeable fingerprints.

I ended up removing the anti-glare and installing the clear, again using the painter's tape method. Another easy installation, and this time perfectly clear -- looks like there is nothing on the screen at all.

Both are great products, my personal preference is the clear but it depends on your priorities and whether you are willing to give up a tiny bit of clarity to get the anti-glare properties.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Air Screen Protector - YOU FOUND IT, November 3, 2013
When a new iPad comes out my family does the apple hand-me-down shuffle which means it's time to pull off the old screen protectors apply new ones, and pass them down. This year we purchased the iPad Air but I didn't think ahead to order the protector so I overnighted this one and installed it today. Here's how it went.

The Package:
2 protectors
1 polishing cloth
4 lint removal stickers
1 bubble removal card
1 instructions card

The installation:
The website has a video which I watched and will give you an idea of how the adhesive will work. Since this was my third installation of the day (practice on the older ipads first, right?) it went smoothly except one part. I believe in the steamy shower room method for minimizing lint as suggested in the video but I also believe in using the painter's tape swinging door method. For those not familiar, this means lining everything up and taping down the protector on one side so when you peel off label 1, you "close the door" slowly and everything lines up. While this went well with the Monoprice brand I used earlier on an iPad 2 and iPad 3, the hole for the home button on this brand is precise. If you want to try the tape trick, perhaps tape it at the bottom to assure you get the home button right.

Overall, the protector went on easy and without any bubbles. The lint stickers are a fantastic idea. If I could change anything, I'd make the lint-free cloth a little bigger and a different material but this is not a deal breaker. if you are here for a protector for your iPad Air, stop searching, you found it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, November 1, 2013
J. Shapiro (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
I just finished applying this screen protector to my iPad Air. I was so happy that this product was available even before the IPad went on sale so that I could have it ready to apply the minute I brought home my new iPad. The screen protector is inexpensive, flawless, went on perfectly the first try, and there are no bubbles at all. Well done Tech Armor! You have earned my appreciation and loyalty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and hardly noticeable once installed. No problems during installation, but it is all up to your technique, December 7, 2013
I opted for the HD clear (which is the clear protector) because I have found the clear protectors to offer the truest image quality. I still like the anti-glare/matte protectors, mainly on devices where I will do a lot of reading. The anti-glare protectors cut down on glare and seem to enhance the readability of text (such as on the Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire). The clear protectors are better for images, colors, graphics, and movies (such as a smartphone or iPad). Also, a lot of people complain the matte protectors distort the image.

Installation wasn't too difficult, although the large size of the iPad Air made it more susceptible to dust and bubbles due to the surface area. I tried keeping it in a dust free environment, but I still encountered numerous bubbles and dust specks. I used scotch-tape to help pick up the film and remove bubbles and dust. The Tech Armor comes with dust tape, which works just as well as scotch tape. Once installed and aligned, I don't really notice the protector and it doesn't get in the way.

Overall: 5/5 stars, once you get the technique down, installation is the same as installing protectors on any other touch device - except the iPad Air's larger size makes it slightly more difficult with more chances of bubbles and dust getting underneath during installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector - EVEN BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE, December 15, 2013
I purchased a set of 2 protectors for my new ipad air. There was a defect with both protectors. I called tech armor and they were prompt and courteous and apologized for the issue and agreed that it had to be a defect. They offered to send me a new set but I opted to go through Amazon and have them replace through the return program as I need them quickly. I still got a call back from tech armor with a very nice person offering me to send me new protectors. They apologized for the inconvenience and offered his further assistance if needed. My next set of protectors came in and they were perfect. Their customer service has won me over and I will buy from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Protection, Absolute Best Warranty, January 18, 2014
I mainly decided on buying the Tech Armor Ballistic Glass Protector for it's unrivaled traits -- Designed for the best Clarity, 0.33mm thin, 9H Hardness, and rounded edges. Little did I realize I would also be taking advantage of the amazing warranty they provide due to operator error during installation.

Perfectly placing a tablet sized mostly-permanent screen protector can be difficult to do in one shot, even with the included aids. And unfortunately, I cracked the corner of the screen protector during installation trying to lift the edge to remove trapped dust particles. However, after interfacing with the expedient and courteous customer service I had a new screen protector being shipped in about a day.

I can't say enough about the company for standing behind their product with a lifetime guarantee and having a great support team. They provided one of the top warranty experiences I've had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tactility, crystal clear view, December 6, 2013
This is the review for the HD-Clear.

PROS:
-High quality screen
-feels like you're still touching glass
-can't tell a screen's installed unless there are exceptions (see CONS) or you see the screen protector's edges.
-two screens provided
-useful instruction manual, useful youtube videos on company's channel
-microfiber cleaning cloth useful for removing the skin oils from the surface of the ipad prior to protector install

CONS:
-numerous air bubbles, a few dirt and lint bubbles despite my level best to clean the screen thoroughly with the microfiber cloth although, in all honesty, I cannot fault the manufacturer for this.
-Some glare in bright sunlight which makes me regret not buying the HD-antiglare version instead.

Tech Armor have stated that the best environment to place this screen without getting dust and lint bubbles between the screen and the iPad Air is to do this in a humid environment. I would say wash your hands, clean the screen with the cloth provided, use a humidifier in the room if you have one, place the iPad on a clean table with little or no dust or cloth fibers, make sure your clothing doesn't shed off too much lint, don't scratch your hands after you've washed them because the dead skin flakes may fall on the ipad. Believe me, as good as the new iPad's screen resolution is or how good the screen protector is, dust and lint bubbles just ruin the entire user experience. Air bubbles aren't as bad.

Btw Tech Armor, you could have provided some more adhesive stickers. I'm sure the customer can spare $0.10-$0.25 more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen protectors for iPad Air, received both the clear and anti-glare, December 24, 2013
We received both the clear and anti-glare versions of the screen protectors from TechArmor for the iPad Air, both arrived in good condition. I feel TechArmor excels in both film quality and installation - the film itself is flawless, the edges are cleanly cut and tight fit, and the installation kit allows a clean installation, especially with the dust tapes. Choose the clear screen protector if it's important that you don't know there's a screen protector on the glass - it's clear, glossy, and reflective like the glass on the iPad. Choose the anti-glare if reducing glare is more important - it gives the screen a matte-like finish, effectively diffusing glare with the trade-off of also diffusing the sharpness from the screen itself. There also seems to be more friction when moving a finger on the clear protector, we prefer less friction on the anti-glare version. And due to the noticeable reduction in glare, our overall preference was to go with the anti-glare. We also had a chance to contact customer service, and they proved to be helpful, responsive, and friendly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly!!!, January 2, 2014
Had to fight with cover just to line up and put in place. Had issues with it attracting dust or other particles not matter how clean my iPad screen was. Once in place it was impossible to get rid of all the air bubbles. Followed instructions and took to store where I got my iPad from and they couldn't get the second cover on without the same issues I had. Threw both sheets out and got factory cover and had no problem so the problems I had weren't due to user error.

Rate and Discover Movies