5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, clear, easy!
Can't complain here. I got my Kindle for Christmas and its so pretty I couldn't stand to see it get scratched and dinged. After hunting through quite a few options, I landed on this protector and am happy I did. I've purchased a number of screen protectors over the years for different devices and these rank right up at the top of the list. Here's what to like:...
Published 24 months ago by Young Gun

One of these days, Tablets will come with protectors already on them.

Actual Score:
3.6

INSTRUCTIONS:
Published 22 months ago by Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, clear, easy!, December 30, 2012
Young Gun (Louisville, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tech Armor Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (2012 1st generation) High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors - Maximum Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy [2-Pack] Lifetime Warranty (Personal Computers)

- Easy to install. Directions are easily understood and there's no special glue or water required. Just peel and stick. The adhesive is forgiving and you can lift and reposition if needed.
- Cloth and card included. Use the polishing cloth to achieve a nice clean screen. Use the card to press out all of the air bubbles.
- Clear and clean. Some protectors I've purchased seem to dim the image and others have waves or other distortion. Nothing noticeable so far here. Image remains crisp and bright.
- You get 2. My first one went on fine, but if you have issues with dust, etc on your first shot - you have a backup. Plus I imagine in 6 months or so I'll want to replace it. Most protectors start lifting around the edges and getting dirty. So it's nice to have an extra.
- Very nice fit. The holes for the camera and light sensor lined up perfectly. There was only a small (.5 mm?) gap around all of the edges. Looks very nice.

By the way, this came very well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Protector At A Great Price, March 14, 2013
I bought this protector for our Fire HD 7" and I loved it so much, I purchased it for our Fire HD 8.9 & our Kindle Touch!
I have tried so many different screen protectors & found this protector to be of the best quality with a great price. Even with the matte finish for the anti-glare, the screen is clear without annoying visual distortion. Additionally, there is no change in the screen's sensitivity & works great with or without a stylus.
Tech Armor's screen protectors are easier to apply than others because, unlike many, this one is actually thicker & sturdier. This makes it easier to align or realign on your device, creates very few bubbles, provides better protection, is easier to clean, & lasts a long time.
The Anti-Glare protection works great without creating visual distortion. The anti-glare does affect the light sensor but this can be fixed by setting the "Automatic Brightness" control to "off."
The Anti-Fingerprint is the only thing I would like to see improved. If you use hand lotion, forget it--you are going to leave prints. The screen is easy to clean though.
Tech Armor is easy and quick to apply. If you follow their application instructions & tips, there will only be a few air bubbles left, that are quick & easy to push out. Easy & successful installation depends on following the instructions & tips exactly. It is important to wash your hands & to apply it in a clean room with no animals or running fans so you don't disturb the dust or lint particles in the room. Pushing out any remaining bubbles can be done without the card provided. Using the cloth works well to not only remove bubbles, but to also smooth the protector firmly across the device screen. **Make sure you use the clear protective layer to cover the protector & the cloth provided while you are pushing out the bubbles or smoothing down the surface. If you do use the card, cover it's edge with the cloth. **If you only have one protective layer, once it is removed, use it to cover the protector before removing bubbles or smoothing. Doing this will prevent your screen from scratching.
**After application, if you see any bubbles that won't work out, it is most likely a dust particle, lint, hair etc. To remove it, lift the edge closest to the bubble with a piece of scotch tape. Holding this section up, place a piece of double folded-over scotch tape on the particle & gently tap to remove the particle from the protector and/or device screen. Go to their website to watch the video and read additional tips--trust me, you will save yourself a lot of time & the installation will be quick & easy.
This comes with a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. When I had to order a replacement (because I ruined mine by not following instructions), Tech Armor responded in less than 24 hours & shipped me a replacement with no questions asked. Dealing with this company was fast & above all, hassle-free

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult Install for Larger Screens / Potential Tracking Issues, February 1, 2013
One of these days, Tablets will come with protectors already on them.

Actual Score:
3.6

INSTRUCTIONS:
Take your time and follow the directions they give on their website. The pro tips and advanced instructions are not complex I do not understand why they aren't included with the package. Perhaps they are trying to draw customers to their website?

INSTALLATION:
The first screen I attempted made me realize the protector does not envelop the screen. This is probably to help prevent screen overhang. Overhang = Side Bubble. There are no bright guides on the top piece of protective film and I found myself realigning the protector multiple times before finally getting it squared. It was riddled with dust, despite the steamy bathroom environment. I mostly blame myself for not getting it lined up on the first go, properly. I spent an hour trying to remove all the dust and eventually creased a corner and gave up for the time-being.

Later, I gave a go with the 2nd screen. This time I didn't focus on getting a perfect alignment of the screen, so it is slightly off but I'll live with it. There were only a few dust spots around the edge that were quickly corrected with the included dust tape. The end result was a near flawless application minus the small bit of overhang in one corner with a tiny open air bubble.

TRACKING:
While using the Kindle, I noticed at times I lost tracking. This happened on flat parts of the screen that weren't littered with dusty bubbles. This was probably my only real concern. It may lessen over time. It seems infrequent, but still problematic. Perhaps I did something wrong during the installation?

Final Notes:
Look. It is a big screen. All screen protectors like this will probably be just as difficult to install. I don't imagine anyone will be a fan of putting a screen on badly and having it riddled with dust bubbles.

I would have liked all the instructions included in the packaging.

The protector's top film covering could've used some brightly colored guides (dotted lines) to help in the initial application of the protector or perhaps even some temporary stickers to place in the corners as that would allow proper alignment of the protector before removing the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, January 3, 2013
Great product!
~I ordered them on January 1st and expected them on the 4th due to it being a holiday. They came on the 3rd which was fantastic

~Product came in typical bubble wrapped envelope which i was fine with

~Applying it on the Kindle was easy. I did notice in the instructions that is says to use the included dust tape remover to get rid of the dust. I didn't have tape included in my package. I was able to just use the cloth and squeegee and apply it perfectly.

I realize the product title says (2 pack) and so does the front of the package but on the bottom of the back, it says 3 pack on the label. I have no problem with this because i still have the other one i can use as a replacement if i need to.

Also, if you zoom in on the product picture it has 3 pack on the top right of the first photo. No problem, just an observation.

Overall, I love this screen protector for my Kindle and already have some for my iPhone 4S when i need to replace them.

Plus, if i do need more protectors, they are backed by the lifetime warranty. Fantastic!

Will order Tech Armor protectors for new products in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, December 7, 2012
I found that if you are reasonably careful and follow the directions, the screen goes on perfectly. Not one bubble left over.

4.0 out of 5 stars low glare, December 20, 2012
M. Palmqusit (California, USA) - See all my reviews
the one thing I didn't enjoy about the fire was the shiny screen this dulls it down and makes using the tablet in direct light much easier on the eyes without having to tilt the screen to odd angles as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best in customer service., December 28, 2012
Easy to apply, no bubbles on screen and fits perfectly. I had a delivery address problem and they were incredibly responsive. I highly recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it except..., March 6, 2013
I like this product however I have a camera on my Kindle Fire HD 8.9. When I put this on my Kindle it covered the camera which made the use of the front facing camera fuzzy/blurry. I had to cut out a part of the cover away from the camera to allow the camera to catch a clear picture. I would suggest placing another hole where the camera is so this does not happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars easiest screen protector I have ever used, May 10, 2013
absolutely fantastic. easiest to apply of any I have done, and not a single bubble. I like the way it feels under my fingers, gives a sort of grip to the screen, and the matte is very effective in reducing glare. It is also very fingerprint resistant.
All components advertised were included. some reviewers say that the thing you use to smooth bubbles out isn't included, but it is- I used this like a month ago so I am trying to think back, but if I am remembering correctly it has writing on it and is more of a paper/cardboard like material so I didn't recognize what it was for at first, but it worked perfectly for the job. Directions were also included, and they also have an online video showing you how if you haven't done it before.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I wanted, January 1, 2013
great product. Applies easily. All bubbles were easily worked out with the tool provided. Some complain this tool leaves marks on the protector. They may not realize they then peel off the outer protective film to reveal a perfect protector. No change in screen sensitivity or clarity.