Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tech4O Discover GPS Heart Rate Watch
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change
Price:$99.99+ $4.72 shipping

on November 2, 2011
After frustrations and disappointments with the original watch, customer service very promptly responded by phone and email. The rep. was eager to help. She offered to pay for the original watch to be returned, and immediately send a replacement by FedEx. The replacement watch works perfectly. The included software lets you setup the features you want and download them to the watch (no complicated menu scrolling and button pushing). The GPS found the sattelite (sp?) in a few seconds. The heart rate readout also shows your percent of est. max. Over an 8 mile course the Discover was within about 50 yards of my Garmin 305 (which quit after less than 2 years, and two refurbished replacements lasted only about a week each). This weekend I ran a certified half marathon. At the finish line the Discover read 13.05 miles (9:05 pace 4th in my age group). I figure that's exactly right because over the last 3 miles I was running the tangents on every curve.

I highly recommend this watch. I only hope that it lasts longer than my Garmin. Tech4o seems to be a relatively new company, and they are very eager to please.
on April 17, 2013
I received this and it wouldn't take a charge. I contacted Tech4O they told me it don't work with Windows 8. Sooo I used a Windows 7 PC to attempt to charge the watch. I downloaded the new drivers/software for windows and charged it for 14 hrs. I then tried to get the watch to work no chance. Will not connect with the PC. I call Tech4O all they could say is return it and you might get a new watch after we test it in 2-3 weeks. The thing isn't even 24hrs old whats up with customer service? 2-3 weeks? How about just replace the junk that is defective!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2013
Not very accurate. The Nike I had was very accurate but big. I actually should have kept the Nike. Also, the Nike + website is far superior to the Tech4o software. The Tech4o also takes a long time to acquire the GPS.
on October 11, 2013
I have had this watch for about a year now and it is still kicking. It is small compared to other GPS watches with similar features and easily handles being used as an everyday watch. It's kind of plain looking and the font used is a throwback to the 1980s, other than that I have no issues with it. For the price (paid 149.00 w/ free shipping) and features you could do worse. Satellite reception is great and have never had any dropout of reception and seems to be on par with my Garmin concerning accuracy. Customer service responded to my one request quite promptly. If you're on a budget and need GPS/HR/NAV capabilities in a small package I say go for it. Are their sexier options out there? Sure, just add about $200 more to your budget.
on September 27, 2014
Works great. Calibrated it within 2% of a measured mile. Picks up signal quite fast for a GPS watch. Enough functionality for everything I need.
on October 12, 2015
I really loved this watch until it proved to not be waterproof. It was under about a foot of water for about 5 minutes. There was water behind the screen, but the watch still functioned. Over the next week, the display became more difficult to read until it was no longer legible. I contacted customer service and was told they no longer make nor support repair of this watch. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I took it apart. There is a layer of film/gel above the screen that makes the display legible. It had wrinkled and become brittle in a concentrated mass in the center of the display. After a bit of research, I believe it was a polarizing film. I contacted customer service again and told them the details of what happened and whether the film could be replaced. If not, I was hoping to split the cost of a replacement watch since Sunny-Sports still had one of the same model in stock. After all, the watch failed to meet its advertised water resistance and the failure was not though user error but through a failure of the watch. The person I communicated with was very nice, but informed me that the watch could not be repaired and that they do not split the cost of replacement devices. I am very disappointed with the failure of the manufacturer to stand behind the warranty. I don't think I'll give this company another chance.

Update:
The manufacturer came through and found a replacement watch for me. They are back in my good graces and I am excited to be able to continue using this watch. I think I'll keep it away from water, though.

See 1 answered question