5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and real world scenarios, May 13, 2004
P. Terry (Sheridan, WY - United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Technical Communication (Paperback)
I teach technical writing at a community college and frequently switched textbooks until I discovered Mike Markel's. It is well organized, gives 8 measures of excellence in technical writing that students quickly grasp, has very up-to-date scenarios that prompt critical reading and writing and the online quizzes and resources are the frosting on the cake. This book is a great tool for educators, students and absolutely anyone who wishes to write in a professional manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellenct book to technical writting, February 6, 2007
This review is from: Technical Communication (Paperback)
I used this book for a junior composition class I took. I am terrible at writting and this book made it a lot easier the examples are well laid out and the material is as well. A good technical book. It helped me write a resume that worked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book served it's purpose and more, May 16, 2009
Used this book for a college level writing class on technical communication. The book has a chapter on everything you need to know from writing a memo to creating a formal report. Along with a good APA/MLA reference book, you'll have no trouble creating impressive documents in any line of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Technical Communication (Paperback)
This book was perfect for my class. Everything was exactly as described, I received it quickly, and it was packaged very well. Very glad to make this purchase. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive text on a complex subject, June 29, 2010
This review is from: Technical Communication (Paperback)
I needed this text to prepare a course plan. Amazon lets me see the table of contents and sample the quality of the writing. This was the best of the 5 I looked at. I purchased Edition 7 for $0.01 plus shipping because Edition 9 goes for $95.00.

Technical Communication
Technical Communication by Mike Markel (Paperback - July 14, 2003)
Used & New from: $0.01