5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable and a great deal!
Published on August 29, 2011 by david

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, but 1000 watts? Really??
When my old Technics AM FM receiver/amp finally died, I needed something to fire up the KLH speakers in my workshop. Nothing too expensive, since the shop is freezing cold in winter and boiling hot in summer, tough on audio equipment. So, I decided to give this one a try.

Published on July 11, 2011 by C. Countess

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, but 1000 watts? Really??, July 11, 2011
This review is from: Technical Pro 72-RX35U 800-Watts TP Pro Digital Home Receiver with iPod Input (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

I have a long background in broadcasting and related fields, so I like my audio clean and full spectrum. This amp does that just fine from whatever audio source I send to it... however using either the aux or MP3 inputs, my IPOD sounds great - just not much volume. From a CD or radio, plenty of power for my needs. MP3 players may need a pre-amp to boost the input signal a few db.

For the price, it is OK - unless you really want an AM-FM tuner... no AM. OK, I can deal with that, but the FM tuner is awful. Almost useless. Tiny rotary dial marked with the FM band so small that I cannot easily tell what frequency is set, and it does not seem to lock onto stations well at all. Luckily, I have a tuner I can use to get around that issue, and just use this for the amplifier.

About the "1000" watt amp... I seriously doubt that figure, doubted it before I ordered it, doubted it for the price range too. This thing is 1000 watts like I am a Sumo wrestler. I'm way too light weight for Sumo, and this amp doesn't have the heft of a true 1000 watt unit. Every real 1000 watt amp (as in 1000 watts RMS), tube type or solid state, I have ever seen (or lifted) was fairly heavy with lots of heat dissipators and fans, not to be confused with this one. A true 1000 watt amp can easily fry most consumer grade speakers. If you really need all those watts for something, this may be too weak for you.

Still, my powered sub-woofer doesn't need an external amp, and this amp at whatever wattage drives the stereo mids and tweets with excellent clarity.

It has pros and cons - buyer beware - but the price makes it kinda nice for what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable and a great deal!, August 29, 2011
I don't typically waste money in times like this on luxury items, so I was quite surprised- and happy- when I saw this deal. I figured that an amp with iPod (AND SD card, USB, or microphone) connectivity, at a price like this could be the solution to getting a nice microsystem-type sound at a fantastic price. I sure was in for a surprise- WOW! I was really impressed. A booming baseline at 800 watts- the music was MUCH louder than I ever thought it would be! and use good music files-dont blame your bad sound on a great system! GREAT Buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, September 16, 2011
I have this hooked up to my outdoor rock speakers. The receiver itself is located inside and other than having to come in to change the station and volume it works wonderfully. I love listening to the speakers outside. Being able to plug in any MP3 player or even hooking it straight up to my computer or TV is wonderful. I love the possibilities and it looks great too. Would defiantly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars great buy for themoney!, August 29, 2011
Fantastic buy for your money and this baby filled my whole room with incredible sound - I give it two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expectations met and then some, January 23, 2012
I can understand dissatisfaction from those who received problem units. I would guess that quality control suffers when you try to minimize cost. However, I am surprised at those who expected the unit to be more than what it is. I am 100% satisfied and even pleasantly surprised at the capabilities of the unit. It has a minimum number of inputs and outputs but that was obvious if you read the specs and looked at the pictures. The only power rating I toook to heart was the 40W RMS per channel. It certainly delivers that and maybe more. I also play around with a guitar and also sing so I was very happy with the 2 inputs on the front of the unit. I can play music through my iPod and play guitar and sing along all at the same time. This unit is perfect for me. Hopefully it will serve me for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tech Pro RX35U is the best !!, October 14, 2011
I purchased this receiver and was simply amazed by the sound quality it delivered through 4 ceiling speakers in my basement. The iPod/MP3 connection is great and lets you connect any MP3 players including iPod, iPhone etc. It also has 2 microphone connections that can be used to convert the receiver into a karaoke system. It also has surround inputs for DVD player to give u full surround sound experience. ALL THESE COOL FEATURES FOR A VERY REASONABLE PRICE ....Go for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, June 23, 2011
This amp is a joke. 800 watts? What a crock. I knew right when opened the box it was junk. I should have known better. Although I am an audiophile and always buy high end equipment, this was just for the garage. This crap barely pushed a 8 ohm load through desktop speakers. The transformer was so small I could not even see it. Then there is just 3 inputs, it came with half the LED indicators not working. The amp stared clipping so soon I might as well use it for a distortion box. Sure, plug in your sd card, your USB cable, iPod or microphone. Good luck hearing it. Mine is going back in the morning. Just crap

Total junk, don't bother

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for the price!, November 4, 2011
I live in a small 2 bedroom duplex. I basically needed something I could hook up to my old TV and DVD player as well
as be able to plug my iPhone into. I also had some old CerwinVega LS-8 speakers I wanted to make use of. This product
fit the bill perfectly. it has some quirks that other folks have mentioned and the remote doesn't seem all that responsive,
but I would purchase this product again in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Features, August 26, 2011
Y. Haber (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
It's cool that you can play music directly from an iPod or SD card. That's a nifty feature. The device looks great in my setup. I'm happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3x times not so charming..., June 12, 2012
I purchased one of these receivers for my dance studio. It shipped quickly and worked well with my existing stereo equipment for a month. We were so happy with the price and the apparent quality that we ordered 3 more and installed them into three other studios in our building. It's been approximately 5 months and not one of the mp3 ports works. It often requires us to wiggle and adjust speaker wires.
waste of money- I do not recommend.