Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Handle with Care: A Novel forum

Technical editing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2009 3:15:42 AM PDT
SaraLynn says:
JP's technical editors really let her down on some basics...at one point when Willow is being x-rayed for Mom's diagnosed fracture of the humerus, she stops the doctor from x-raying the lower arm because there is nothing wrong with the "tibia" and "fibula"...sorry, folks, but those two bones are located in the lower leg. The whole point of the passage was to show how much the mother knows about the skeleton and how she surprised the doctor. Oops!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2009 6:58:09 PM PDT
Jan Martin says:
I agree with SaraLynn.
If there was proper research, the author would know that the tibia and fibula are in the lower leg, below the femur.
Also, physicians do not perform the imaging exams. That is why they pay Radiologic Technologists or Radiographers. We do those exams, not doctors or nurses.
Also, the proper terminology is NOT technician. The professional term is technologist, radiographer or sonographer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:38:37 PM PDT
I just read that passage about 4 times, trying to make sure I didnt miss anything! It was driving me nuts, there's no way they could have let a mistake that glaring get printed, so glad I'm not the only one that saw that!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Handle with Care
Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult (Hardcover - 2009)
3.7 out of 5 stars (973)