Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Technocel Holster and Shield Combo - 1 Pack - Case - Bulk Packaging - Black
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 28, 2012
Pros:
+Cost for combo case and holster
+Nice texture
+Slim fitting
+Perfect cutouts allowing access to all buttons and features
+Rotating holster clip
+Light

Cons:
-Top and bottom of phone partially exposed (if dropped near vertical)
-Phone/case must be inserted exactly parallel into holster due to design (see below)

This can be a great buy for casual users who don't demand much out of a case and holster. The case itself has a nice texture that provides good grip without adding much bulk. It is noticeable, but feels much slimmer than a TPU case. The case has perfect cutouts for access to all buttons and features (much more room around buttons than a TPU case). The Photon easily snaps into the case and does not budge. The case completely protects the back and corners of the phone. The face of the phone is also protected, but only barely. Anything more than a flat ground would likely contact the screen if slid. The top and the bottom of the phone is vulnerable if dropped almost vertical.

The phone/case must be inserted exactly parallel into the holster. This is the nature of the design for how the phone is secured into the holster. If you're used to holsters where the phone clips into place or slides in under a flap (leather holster style), you'll find this awkward or uncomfortable. With other style holsters, you could drop or clip your phone in at an angle. This case requires it to line up exactly with the holster. Storing and accessing the phone from the holster when you're in a car is difficult.

As mentioned in the video, the holster design is the biggest flaw in my opinion. The hook on the holster is not big enough to properly secure the phone to your belt. It may be fine in an ideal situation, but not when you're sitting down (esp in a car). Getting in and out of a car causes phones on my belt to angle slightly. The slight angle is enough to allow the holster to completely slide off my belt without catching at all. The hook does not hook up enough to prevent this.

Other annoyances to note: The rotating clip is a must in my opinion, but this thing clicks really loud! To make matters worse, there are only 6 clicks of rotation. This only allows for 180 degrees of movement, not 360 degrees. While this may sound insignificant, at either extreme if the phone needs to move, the only option it has is to snap the holster. I also did not care for the lined design on the back of the case, but I knew that before I made my purchase.

All in all, this case combo offers a lot for the price and will likely suit many users. I just wanted to share some specific comments for anyone interested.
on November 25, 2011
I didn't see any reviews for this but I was looking for a holster and this just so happened to include the protective plastic backing. I am very impressed with this case. Sturdy, leaves all buttons functional. The feature I wish was included is the holster and the availability of pressing the up and down on the sound. That is my only wish.. as I'd like to be able to raise or lower the volume for both the ringing or when I play music to control the sound. It's my only wish but it's still 5 stars because if I have it in the holster it is doing what I need and its easy along with extremely protective. The duration of the case should be a long while. Great quality, hats off to Technocel on an excellent case.

My friends have commented on how 'clean' the back shield is. Thank you!!
on February 28, 2013
cons: the case didnt stay securely on my best and the tip of the clip that should keep it there broke easily. it falls off my belt all of the time and im trying to find a replacement

pros: when it falls off its doesnt ruin my phone, so at least it works as a protective case every time it fails as a belt holster.
on August 16, 2013
I got the right one this time. I had one of these and it broke (my fault). I ordered with another venter that had the same picture but received a different device. This one with "Technocel" logo on clip is the right/best one. I plan on upgrtading to a Samsung GalaxyS IV/V in the future I hope they make a holster for it.
on March 16, 2012
Pros: extremely thin protective case snaps on firmly with "ribbed" back for grip
slides into holster silky smooth like; but holds very well and secure
holster rotates easily 360 with no worries of cased phone slipping out
inexpensive option, adds very little bulk to phone even while cased n holstered

cons: kind of slow shipping (but free)

note: material is very thin (holster and case) but strong and durable. time will tell so far so good. also spring on belt clip is sturdy and looks to be stainless steel.
on December 28, 2011
I bought this product because I had a similar one for my old phone and I really liked it. This one was just as cheap and is virtually the same thing. A little more bendy, but it still does the trick for me.
on November 26, 2012
This case is just a hard plastic case the is really not needed for what is already a durable phone. The sliding of the phone in and out of the clip is slow and difficult. This clip also creates difficulty when using the kickstand on the phone. It has also done some slight damage to the edges of my phone taking the cover on and off.

I wouldn't recommend this product because it's difficult to use, bulky, and caused damage to my phones edges when taking it off.
on March 9, 2012
I've had this for a little over a week now. I liked this case a lot for the first few days. But a week or so later, I've had the phone come out on its own twice. Fortunately the phone has landed on the back both times, which speaks volumes about how durable the case it. I really wanted to have a holster for this phone since it is a little big to carry in my pocket all the time. But the holster doesn't hold the phone tight enough. It doesn't click or snap in, it just sits inside the holster and if the holster tips to the side it is prone to falling out. If the phone clipped, or snapped into the holster, I'd probably give this 4 or 5 stars.
on December 29, 2011
I ordered this case because of the Youtube video made by "THE REAL FLOSSY CARTER." Been researching the Motorola Photon 4G for awhile and seen the case on one of his videos. Fits Great and the shipping was quick.
on December 23, 2011
I was not impressed when I received it. However, after 3 months of daily use it has held up extremely well. The rubbery coating is not shown any signs of ware. The phone still slips in and out of the holster smoothly. When I purchased it, I thought the would snap in and out. But instead it designed to slide in and out. It takes a bit of getting use to.

For the price, it was a great value. If I was to break it by accident today, I would replace it with the exact same model. That should say a lot if you are considering the purchase of this item.