- Series: Belknap Press
- Paperback: 299 pages
- Publisher: Belknap Press; Reprint edition (January 1, 1984)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0674872339
- ISBN-13: 978-0674872332
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,122,069 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Technologies of Freedom (Belknap Press) Reprint Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
For example, long before anyone else had envisioned what we now refer to as "cyberspace," Pool was describing it in this book. "Networked computers will be the printing presses of the twenty-first century," he argued in his remarkably prescient chapter on electronic publishing. "Soon most published information will disseminated electronically." Few probably believed him in 1983, but no one doubts him now. Meanwhile, he did all this while also providing a passionate defense of technological freedom and freedom of speech in the electronic age. If you care about those things, read this book. It is a masterpiece.