5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Camera ... works great!
Published on December 7, 2012 by Richard Boyd

3.0 out of 5 stars First one was DOA - Replacment is Okay
Techie with lots of network and IP Camera experience... camera appears to be very similar to one from Foscam... except it did not work out of the box. Ran several IP Camera finder software programs, including the one provided with it and the one on HOO 2 website. Nothing found the camera... but did find my other 5 IP cameras from Foscam. Sending this one back to Amazon...
Published 9 months ago by LeMachine2U

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Camera ... works great!, December 7, 2012
This is the third Hootoo PTZ camera I have bought and installed in my home security system. I also have a Foscam, and an Agasio. I like all three brands. The Foscam does seem to work best, but the Hootoo cameras are right there too, and seem to give the most bang for the buck. I can highly recommend this Hootoo camera to anyone thinking of getting a PTZ, pan-&-tilt, wireless ip camera.

Configuring any of these little ip cameras can be a challenge to the novice. Instructions that come with them are usually written by people who do not clearly understand English. Thus, can be pretty confusing. They also depend on the user having working knowledge of wireless and wired networking. In addition to configuring the camera, the installer should know how to configure the router for reserved ip addresses on your local home network, port assignment and forwarding, and DDNS to view the cameras from phones and other remote/off-site computers.

Most routers come with pre-set DDNS providers, which you will need to establish accounts with (either paid, or free) prior to configuring your router, if you intend to be viewing from remote locations outside you home network.. The cameras can also be setup independent of the router for DDNS. However, the DDNS providers the cameras are pre-set to were all in China. I would think that users in other countries might have problems with that, because when they view their home networks remotely while traveling, they would be viewing them via China. Personally, I wanted a provider with servers on my home soil and closer to home. So, I chose to use one of the DNS providers pre-set in my router, which was in my home country (the U.S.).

So, before you start to configure your camera, be sure to become familiar your router, and be comfortable with making "advanced" configuration changes to it. Each router has a different look and feel (even sometimes different models made by the same company). As stated above, probably a good idea to get your account with a compatible DDNS service too, prior to starting the install.

Once you know your way around your router, then connect your camera directly to the router via Ethernet cable to one of the empty LAN ports, and let the camera boot up. When it has completed it's boot, then install the software on the CD that came with this camera ... This "ip camera tool" program will find your camera and report the ip address it has been assigned by your router. Enter that address into the address window of your browser and then connect to the camera.

It will ask you for a username and password. The username is "admin", and there is no password (i.e. just type "admin" as the username, and then press the "enter" key). I recommend you set your own password. Once you pass the logon, then you will be into the little web-server in the camera.

The camera will show you a live streaming video of what it is seeing. I like to just play a little first. To make sure the camera does all the basics. Play with the controls, set the resolution, etc. Look at the different menus and settings you can configure.

For basic wireless use, you will need to configure the SSID of your router into your camera. If you have wireless encryption set, then you will also need to program the password and encryption type (WEP, WPA). You might want to reserve an ip address (the one initially assigned is usually best) and set a port for your camera in the router at this time. Then configure those in the camera, too. Once that is done, then you should be able to remove the Ethernet cable, and reboot your camera. It will connect wirelessly. Refresh the connection in you browser. Then test it out and finish your other setups.

One note on the transceiver (radio) and little 3dbi antenna that comes with. It doesn't have great range. The picture will be choppy and controls will be slow, if you have a weak radio connection between the router and camera. I replaced the little antenna on one of my cameras with a huge 9dbi to get it to work better when the camera was about 20 feet away from the router, and separated by a couple walls. I've got another Hootoo, and a Foscam in an enclosure, about 100 feet away, and have them coming in through a wireless range extender.

=======================
About picture quality, etc.

This is a low end video camera that costs less than $100 .... If you want HD picture quality that matches your HD TV, on a ip camera that can pan and tilt, then pay the $500 (or more) for an HD, pan and tilt, ip camera, and another $300 (or more) for professional IR illumination lights!!! You get what you pay for. However, with these cameras, I've gotten my complete money's worth!

I find that the picture quality for this camera is great during that day. Exactly like a low-end video camera should be. At night, the LEDs on the camera illuminate the area and return a viewable picture to about 20ft. I have had to add some IR illuminators to the areas that I want to view better (I bought two 40-LED illuminators on Amazon, $12 ea). Also, the microphone and speakers work great. Although, they do not work with any browser, except Internet Explorer, with ActiveX (ActiveX is just a Microsoft software add-on that mimics Java). If you have ActiveX configured properly in IE, the little viewer onboard the camera works like a charm for all features, and with any of the PTZ cameras. I'm currently using one IE browser to monitor four of these cameras (two Hootoos, an Agasio, and a Foscam) ... The software is not perfect, but it's free!

I also view my PTZ cameras on my Droid smartphone, and with third party video security software ... The various software and platforms work perfectly with all of the cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars IP006N PTZ IP cam. WOW., November 6, 2013
After good experiences with three of the less expensive HooToo pan/tilt (PT) IP210F and one of the fixed outdoor IP212F cameras (and a large array of other-brand commercial IP cams installed at work), I decided to try the more expensive pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) IP006N outdoor camera. The Amazon price for each the first two types of IP cams was $70. This more expensive version combines outdoor protection with the pan-tilt capabilities to the first camera, adds zoom, and maintains night vision. Its current Amazon price is $250.

Out of the well-packed box, the camera appears to be solid and of a much higher quality than the other HooToo cameras I've already installed. Much more of the camera is metal and the form factor is pleasing. Another reviewer wrote that the camera is beautiful and I agree.

Unlike the other HooToo cams, which I mounted inside and onto a house, I chose a harsh outdoor environment about 100 feet away from the house, where the camera is exposed to salt-water spray and heavy weather. This required construction of a mounting post, a trench for a buried power cable, and over two months of experimentation with various mounting and wiring configurations.

For those familiar with the HooToo web-based programming interface, the setup is identical for this camera when compared with the other two HooToo's IP cam products I already own (five other cams). Programming any IP camera (whether HooToo or not) requires a fair amount of computer experience and patience. Even with a fair background in network technology, I found the learning curve steep with the first cams. However, having programmed five other cams in the past year (both wired and wireless on a network with bridged extensions), programming was familiar and uncomplicated with this new IP006N camera.

For those unfamiliar with IP camera programming, the basic steps involve accessing the camera via a browser-based interface accessed on a LAN while the camera is plugged into an open Ethernet port on a same-network router. After accessing the camera, a port number must be assigned, wireless access enabled (with network settings and password) and Internet access programmed. Security settings, device names, email notification, and dozens of other settings can be configured as well.

To allow Internet access to the camera, the network router must next be accessed to (1) configure a fixed LAN IP address for the MAC camera identifier and (2) open the router port to allow access to the LAN from the Internet.

To reiterate, all of these steps are shared by other brands and models of IP cameras, so naïve users should not be too quick to criticize HooToo if they have difficulties setting up their IP cams. For the non-tech-oriented user, this technology is complex and is best done by someone with network programming experience.

For what it's worth, one of the reasons I initially chose HooToo over competing brands was its reputation as a company that prizes its customer service support. As other Amazon reviewers have commented, I found this to be completely true, and was more than impressed by HooToo's service accessibility, patience, and willingness to assist me with any question I raised about setting up any of its products. As a typical example, when one of my HooToo cams lost its dedicated web-accessible IP address, customer service sent me a specific personalized protocol to reset the cam, providing me with a new unique IP address for Internet camera access. This obviously took a fair amount of effort and time on their part and is not the kind of service I've ever received from other tech companies unless I was paying for tech support services (Microsoft, Apple, and HP come to mind).

I've now had the camera working and under testing for about two months. No fault of the camera itself, but it took me a month to work out the installation and power kinks to get the camera to stay on and not repeatedly reset itself. Because of this experience and the limited number of reviews thus far (since it's a relatively new HooToo product as of November 2013), I'm going to list my criticisms of the camera before reporting further on its virtues.

CONS:
First, I found that the nominal operating voltage range for this camera is a bit tighter than the prior HooToo cameras I already installed. For comparison, the IP210F cams operate on 5VDC. In reality, I feed several of these IP210Fs using both the included AC bricks as well as lead-acid batteries off of a PV energy house system. Doing so, I've found the IP210F cam operates from a range of about 4.5-6.5VDC. It may operate at higher voltages too, but I don't want to risk burning out the main board by experimenting. Likewise, I've found the fixed outdoor IP212F operates from a range of about 11.5-14.5VDC.

In contrast, this camera, the IP006N, has a narrower operating voltage range, about 12.0-13.0VDC. Above and below this range, the camera sometimes drops off the network or resets itself.

Second, the wiring bundle (including connectors for Ethernet, microphone, speaker, and power) is not weatherproof and must be enclosed in a box to protect it from water and corrosion. I mounted a box on the pole beneath the camera for this purpose.

Third, it took me several days to figure out that the protective dome unscrews to provide access to the camera itself, and that the reason I couldn't get the camera to fully pan or tilt was because the inner camera (under the dome) had been wrapped in foam to protect it during shipping. Opening the dome and removing the foam easily solved that problem. Incidentally, the camera is set up to be mounted with the dome down. (I originally mounted it dome forward and couldn't figure out why the pan and tilt controls were not intuitive. This was fixed as soon as I remounted it dome down.)

My fourth criticism has to do with the apps that I use to control our cameras and view the images. Our technology is Apple-based, and Safari's interface doesn't allow easy control of any of HooToo's cams. (FireFox on Windows doesn't either.) Based on other Amazon reviews, I tried several iDevice-based apps and found the greatest functionality through the app, IP Cam Viewer Pro. This actually works better than the app suggested by HooToo's customer service. Nevertheless, when the IP006N is accessed over the Internet, any pan or tilt commands result in sending the camera to the extreme edge of its visual range, rather than simply advancing the camera a few degrees at a time. This is not a problem for the IP210F cams or when accessing the IP006N over the LAN.

Fifth, the video recording feature on this (and all HooToo cameras) is not understandable. I can take still shots easily, saving them to a computer or device, or emailing them on the fly. Nevertheless, I am unable to figure out how to access video recordings I take on this or any HooToo camera.

Lastly, at least one other reviewer has commented that the IP006N dome is not entirely waterproof. In two months of use, I've not noted this problem despite having had several major rain and windstorms. However, after reading about this possibility, I did ensure that the dome was fully screwed on after mounting the camera.

PROS.
For the price, the quality of this camera is unbeatable. Combined with customer support, I absolutely recommend this above the competition. HooToo actually mailed me a replacement IP006N after my initial one dropped off our network and I couldn't figure out how to reset it. (After much troubleshooting, it's possible that that problem was due to voltage fluctuations on our 12VDC buried cable rather than camera itself. Whatever the case, the new camera worked when the initial one did not.)

Image quality is a major improvement over the less expensive indoor and outdoor HooToo cams that I have scattered around the house and porches. The ability to magnify images on the fly is something I always thought might be nice, but after seeing the quality of the IP006N video magnification, optical zoom functionality is something I now consider essential rather than simply optional.

Brightness in day and dusk light settings is good. Night color correction is still a bit lacking, but better than non-corrected images from the other cameras. As other reviewers have noted, the infrared LED night illumination is limited to the area immediately around the camera. (Expecting more illumination is analogous to using a flash on a camera to take a night image of a football field. External lighting is required for such photos.)

Overall, this new HooToo offering provides customers with a high-quality weatherproof, PTZ IP camera at a great price point. After some initial installation and setup issues, I now have wireless access to superb video from over 100 feet from the nearest router in a harsh outdoor environment. HooToo offers excellent support despite the complex technology and setup required. The camera has excellent daytime and good night images, near 360 panning, great zoom features, and an interface accessible with user-friendly apps. Similar offerings by other companies simply fall short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with a few small concerns., April 12, 2012
The product comes with everything stated - IP camera, network cable, antenna, CD, user's manual, power adapter and some drywall screws.

The camera had some thin strings of glue on it - apparently from the packaging. I couldn't easily remove the glue, so I left it on the camera. There wasn't any glue on the lens. The camera is about the size of a can of coca cola - so it was a little bigger than I expected.

Setup was nice and easy. I opened the CD and copied everything to my computer (MacBook Pro). I then connected the camera (with the network cable) to my router, and started the camera software. It easily found the camera, and after a few clicks, I was able to make the changes to the settings to match my environment. I then disconnected it from the router and placed it on my desk. I was able to set the camera to do motion detection and send copies via FTP of the pictures to my computer. The software is easy enough to figure out so that I didn't even have to read the manual.

The pictures are nice and fairly clear for what you would expect out of VGA (640x480). The web interface is nice, and the camera scrolls up/down and left/right.

My concerns: On motion-detection, the camera sometimes detects motion and sometimes it does not. However, this may be due to the sensitivity setting that I chose (5 out of 10). And, I have the camera pointed outside, so if the wind blows the tree limbs, it will take pictures. And, one out of every 50 images, the image will be a little messed up - where the bottom 1/3 of the picture is blank.

I could not get my router to properly forward the IP address and port number to the camera, so I couldn't test it to see if I could connect to it outside of my home network. This is probably a limitation on my router. But, I was able to use my iPhone to connect to it inside my network, and the software worked well. The buttons to control the camera are a bit small on an iPhone. It also worked on my iPad, and the buttons were a little easier to control.

It works well enough that I am planning on buying a couple more of these cameras.

Overall, despite a few concern - but because of the price and features, I will still give it five stars. I will come back and amend my review if I find out anything important to report.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice outdoor pan tilt zoom camera with night vision, June 14, 2013
The setup for this camera is nearly identical to the other brands on here, and if you run into any problems there's a wealth of info on the forums. It always helps to do some research first, and it can save you a lot of headaches especially if you are not the tech saavy type.

Overall, I was surprised how easy this was to setup. I basically just plugged it into my router via a cat5 to access the web interface, setup the wifi, then moved it to my place of choice. I was happy with the quality of the video and smoothness of the pan & tilt, and the zoom in/out function is a plus. The infrared night vision works great, and for android phones, I recommend the TinyCam monitor pro app for $3.99 which works with the Kindle Fire as well.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have a mic/speaker so look elsewhere if you need one with that feature. However for an outdoors camera, I would say it isn't really needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for people without network knowledge, August 10, 2011
This review is from: [P2P Technology] HooToo® HT-IP206P(Black) Indoor 0.3 Mega Pixel RJ45 Wireless IP Network Surveillance Camera (802.11 b/g, 1/4" Color CMOS Sensor, f: 6.0mm, F: 2.0, Pan/Tilt: 270°/120°, 10-LED Night Vision, Two-way Audio, Email Alerts) (Camera)
These are great cameras for the cost. Pan, tilt, low light, color, wifi, email alerts, screen capture, etc, etc... But, as others have said, all the docs are poorly written for english, but if you have any sort of network knowledge, these things are a snap to get going on your home wifi and manage/view from any internet access point. They are NOT plug and play though. I just ordered another for outside. I'll figure out some sort of weatherproof cover. They work great except the sound and talk suck...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality picture for daytime or with supplemental light., March 2, 2013
I bought this camera to use as a barn cam to view my cattle while they are calving. It arrived in good condition and installation was tricky but acceptable for someone with computer/network experience. The IP Camera Tool software that comes with the camera is useful for obtaining the IP address. It is necessary to have DHCP enabled on your router for the tool to locate the ip address. The IPCamClient software that came with the camera is good and allows up to 64 cameras to be attached, and port forwarding to view the camera remotely. There are only 9 preset positions, but otherwise it works well. I found an updated software version on the web that worked better than the version on the disk, which seemed to have some glitches. The picture quality is quite good when there is adequate lighting. Daytime viewing is in color which is accurate, but night time switches to b/w. The IR led lights around the housing cast a limited amount of light in total darkness, but seem to help when there are some lights on. The zoom is a useful feature but could be higher power. Auto focus, white balance, and iris function are good. PTZ control is good wired but a little jumpy when used wireless. Once you have your presets set it works well. I have tried this camera in two locations. The first was outside mounted on a yard light pole. Daytime viewing was good, but nighttime was not bright enough. The second location is in a 40X80 calving barn. With several lights left on this camera is working well, but in total darkness you will only see shadows up to about 20 ft. I purchased a Loftek camera after this one because it looked identical and was cheaper, but the picture quality has not been as good. Overall, this is a good camera for daytime use and with supplemental lighting. The lens is good quality and the camera seems to be well made. It has been operating for about a week. I will update after I have used it for a longer time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good outbound audio for baby monitoring. Better video under low light compared with other cameras., July 6, 2013
I recently bought several different brands of wireless IP cameras. I planed to install some for my own home and for my in-law's home. I previously compared Tenvis JPT3815W, EasyN EasyN FS-613A-M136 and HooToo HT-IP206 cameras on amazon.com. IP206 is perfect for garage door opener control after tinkering with camera settings. Excellent for those who forget to close their door or need to open the door remotely for large-item delivery. Caution: Make sure no kids or other people around the door. EasyN and HooToo have much better outbound audio for remote listening. Good for baby monitoring. All have inadequate incoming audio. Listeners next to the camera can hardly understand the words without repeating by the remote person speaking into IP Cam Viewer. Luckily, you can phone in instead of relying on the camera if you want to speak to people next to the camera.
I just got a Hootoo HT-IP210F camera. It is an upgrade from IP206. Slightly more expensive. If you are comfortable playing with your router settings, you can set up these cameras in a few minutes. Since I have done this before, so it is no brainer for me. Hooked it up to my router with RJ45 ethernet cable. Easily found the LAN IP for 210F on my PC (wirelessly linked to the same router) using the finding camera software from Hootoo (other vendor's camera finder software likely works as well). Entered its LAN IP address in my Google Chrome browser and I saw the web control interface and camera view right away. From the interface you can set up WiFi password to link to your router wirelessly without a cable. 210F will reboot. Unplug the RJ45 cable. Surprisingly you won't see your camera using the previous LAN IP. This is because 210F gets a different IP for WiFi connection! Not the same as your wired connection IP. You can find the WiFi IP if you view your router's LAN connections based on your camera's MAC. If you stick to this wireless IP. No further change needed. To have the same IP for your wired and WiFi connections, you need to set up your camera from its web interface using fixed LAN IP instead of DHCP. Both 206 and 210F have very good audio heard from Android client (IP Cam Viewer app). There is some background noise. When you turn the volume down on your Android phone a little, you barely notice it. You can clearly and continuously people hear speaking in the room. Definitely good as a baby monitor. Perhaps slightly better than IP206. I am very pleased. My Tenvis JPT3815W is noisy and the outgoing audio keeps breaking up. You can hardly hear a continuous sentence. Not good as a baby monitor. All these cameras perform poorly for incoming audio. The speakers are tiny inside the cameras. Not loud at all. The audio keeps breaking up. Thus, plugging an external speaker may increase the volume, but not the audio quality. Picture qualities are equality good for all these cameras because they have the same resolution. IP210F has more IR lights and IR cut. The IR cut function works well by removing color distortion due to IR in sunlight. Thus, red is red and green is green, etc. You will see a difference when you compare a camera without this function. This function is not for the IR lighting condition under low/no light. Under darkness, all these cameras show washed-out black and white colors with IR lighting.

It turns out that this 210F camera has a new firmware (Version 17.37.2.47). By default, it closes (i.e., connects) pin 1 and pin 2 constantly during use. You can change the Alarm Service Settings so it won't do so. However, during booting, pin 1 and pin 2 will close for a couple of seconds. This will trigger the garage door opener! No matter what I do with the alarm services settings, I cannot avoid this. 206 with firmware 17.37.2.41 does not have this problem. This same version is shared by 206 and 210F. I guess if you downgrade the firmware, you will make your 210F work just like 206. I never tried because .47 firmware is not yet available for download from hootoo.com. I need a backup before I am willing to give it a try.
People are talking about using a spare Android phone as IP cam. I have two working like this also. However, they cannot be compared with any of these wireless IP cameras. You see nothing using Android under low light, but you can see a dark room with IP cameras having IR light bulbs. Of cause it is very nice to be able to pan and tilt. 210F is slightly more expensive. It is also slightly bulkier in size. 210F has 18 IR lights, 8 more than 206's 10 lights. When IR lights switch on, there is clicking sound from the relay inside (206 does not have this sound). There is a blinking green light inside the casing (not the indicating light next to those IR light bulbs). It leaks out from the vents under the camera. It may bother you if you place the camera next to bed side. 210F has a wider pan angle (320 degrees v. 270 degrees for 206). All the cameras I tested can be viewed using IP Cam Viewer Android app by selecting. For Hootoo cameras, select Hootoo/Hootoo IP camera. You can remotely pan, tilt and reboot the IP cameras. 210F has an extra mic socket for an external mic while 206 has only a slot for an external speaker. In all, I am very satisfied with 210F. I use 206 to control my garage door. When I open my garage door, I can view and hear the street traffic remotely. I can hear bird chirping outside and cars passing by. I place 210F in the kitchen. If I do need 210F to control my garage, I think downgrading the firmware will do the trick. I played with motion detection and e-mail, ftp notification. Worked like charm. You can use smtp.gmail.com as mail server with your Gmail login name/password. The problem is that if your camera views too much activity, you get too many e-mails. Thus, after playing, I turned this off. You don't really need DNS server. There is a function in 210F to send an e-mail to your notifying you its current external IP address and port number when it boots. In the US, I have the same IP for years with Roadrunner cable modem service. It never changed even after a long power outage that lasted several days in the Midwest last year. I also have localphone.com VoIP service. From my account web access with the Localphone, I can see my home router IP address used by my registered IP phone. 210F does come with its vendor provided DNS. I never need it anyway. For all the IP cameras I tested, I see mostly black and white colors at night with IR. This is enough for me. All these cameras have reddish IR lights that turn on automatically under low light. You will notice the reddish lights. Hopefully, babies won't be attracted to them. They all have quiet motors that are hardly audible by people a few feet away from the cameras, unless they pay attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb capabilities for the price, November 13, 2010
The included software will control and display any number of cameras in a tiled window. It will constantly monitor and record, or alarm and record on motion detection, among many options. It will pan at a button push to 15 positions you set. The panning control is very good, in that you can pan and tilt in tiny increments.

The video is color in lighted conditions and black and white at night. The color video quality is typical for a web cam. The night vision is better than I expected. The night vision works in zero light. It is crisp black and white. The frame rate drops in night vision mode though. I'm getting 10 frames per second on average at 640x480 (15 is max) over WiFi G in lighted conditions, and about 4 FPS at night. The video is equally good indoor and out. There is an outdoor setting you must use for outside use.

The audio input is pretty noisy, but you can understand someone talking. I have not tried the audio output.

The motion detection is a little slow to start recording, so it will miss a car going by, but not a person walking.

You can monitor using Firefox (worst) IE with an included DirectX plug (better) or the included software (best). When you connect with a browser, it has a smartphone option. It works okay on my Droid X. My computer is running MS Windows XP SP2.

A good quality adjustable wall mount is included, as well as an Ethernet cable and software CD.

The documentation is hilariously Engrish. The software registration code is on a sticker on the last page of the manual. That took awhile to find.

Bottom line: I paid $57 for mine. The price keeps going up, as at the time of this writing the price is $68. It is worth every penny of $57 and probably $68.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can Be a HOOT of a DEAL, October 4, 2010
This camera was like having a new pet in the house! I plugged it in and the camera starting surveying the area like it was getting to know the place (cute). SOOO Excited I opened the instructions and WOW what are they trying to say here? It is in such broken English that I don't know if it's telling me to do something, not do something or what anything means??? (Mommie)
So, broken English is not my specialty, I'm going to have to go off the reservation hooking this up! So let me try to help:
Hook camera directly to your router (it comes w/that cable). Load software on computer/laptop. If you ever get to the part where it give you 3 options to log-in, choose the 1st ONE thru IE (internet explorer). It will prompt you for user name/password. Use the default it provides by just hitting (enter). It should detect your camera and a screen that looks like a remote comes on with a window of what your camera is viewing. The bottom button is your options, click that. Go to user options and set up your own userID/password and on wireless setup put in your router info & WEP Key. That should get it done. Now my new little HooToo is set so I can scan my entire area and view my doggies activities. Picture is clear and crisp, very quiet when you movie it too. Once you get this little guy up and running you'll love your HooToo-Too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed!, March 26, 2013
I've been wanting an outdoor IP cam to watch birds. This camera fit right into our Apple Airport network - it was easily set up using Safari. It can't accept passwords with anything other than numbers & letters in them when joining the wireless network. I use Evocam software to serve streams to the internet - which was easy using the 'Foscam' preset. I really like this sturdy camera - the day and night images are great!