From the Back Cover
Coping with technology: long-term perspectives and in-depth insights for every manager.
Suddenly, the business of technology and the technology of business have become one and the same. To succeed, managers, IT administrators, developers, and users need unprecedented clarity about the role of information technology. They need the long-term perspective that can only come with an in-depth understanding of how we got here, and where we're headed. Technology Strategies provides all that, and more. Cooper Smith, former Director of Technology at Nickelodeon Digital Lab and Animation Studios, shares insights that can improve every technology decision you make, professional and personal.
- The rolesand meaningof today's information technologies
- How to define IT strategies and methodologies that workone step at a time
- Practical solutions for today's most widespread technology-related challenges and obstacles
- The future of technology: what's coming, how to prepare, and how to exploit tomorrow's best opportunities
- The inherent limits of information technologyand how common sense and smarter processes can help overcome them
In Technology Strategies, you'll follow the arc of technological change, which has transformed computers from trivial add-ons to core elements of every business process, and will lead to even more profound transformations in the cming years. You'll then leverage your knowledge to make the most of technologytoday and tomorrow, in your business, in your career, and in your life.
About the Author
COOPER SMITH, former director of technology at Nickelodeon Digital Lab and Animation Studios, recently became the CTO at Education World, a Web site geared toward teachers and students. He holds an engineering degree from Harvard.