4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but very comprehensive
Technology Ventures is a book that I'll be keeping for a long time. It is a bit expensive (it's a text book, so this is not unexpected), but unlike many other books, you'll probably keep this one.

It covers the basics of launching a business, and it discusses legal issues, marketing, and HR in an engaging format.

Who should read this book:
If...
Published on August 13, 2010 by startupsidekick

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy this only if you have to
Published on November 26, 2012 by Hazim

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but very comprehensive, August 13, 2010

Who should read this book:
If you have an academic background in technology, and want to launch a new business, this book will be perfect for you

Who should not read this book:
If you are looking for a quick, light read, this book will be too much for you. Also, if you're looking for information about social media marketing tactics, this book won't really help you

What I like about this book is that it really provides you with everything you need to know about launching a technology company. It covers everything, from the conception stage, to the legal issues. It is taught to Stanford students, and with good reason; its a very good book.

Jason
[...] (Visit us for more entrepreneurial advice on technology ventures)

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy this only if you have to, November 26, 2012
The title says it all - if it is a required book for your class then get it. I got this beginning of 2012 when I finishing my senior year in college. As an electrical engineering major, I referred to my textbooks a great deal. I actually kept most of my textbooks from undergrad (I may be a bit of a hoarder), but not this one. The reason was simple, I didn't find this book to be particularly useful. I took an entrepreneurship course that required this book. This book has very basic econ mixed in with real world examples. It will talk about strategies of a start-up business and then discuss how amazon/google/p&g/etc. do so well. Honestly it is like a blended in version of econ and wikipedia, so not so good.

I feel that most textbooks bought on this site are school related so you have to get it. But if there is a choice, I would go with a different book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Layout is weird and text is hard to read, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Technology Ventures From Idea to Enterprise (Paperback)
Well the layout is a little weird. Not like normal textbooks but it is broken up by main sections then by subsections and I honestly didn't read much more than the 3rd or 4th chapter because of the way it was written. The text is a light blue color which makes it somewhat hard to read for long periods of time. Starts to blend in with the white paper.

The content was dry and nothing I hadn't really learned in marketing or entrepreneurship classes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Read, Lots of Real World Examples, September 27, 2010
As far as text books go I like this more than most. While it lacks pictures, there are several diagrams and charts that make the material easier to grasp. The best part about this book is its constant use of real world companies as examples to explain the points they make in each chapter. Good for novice and advanced students of this topic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, March 8, 2011
Lex (Oregon City, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Technology Ventures From Idea to Enterprise (Paperback)
Its setup in a way that intersperses real-life problems which is nice. Some of the examples are starting to show their age though which is probably not great for a technology book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entrepreneurs Awaken!!, July 5, 2013
Want to start a business using today's technology or marketing a technology product, This is the handbook for step by step and analysis of each business approach to starting, limping along, crashing, restarting, soaring, hesitating, and potentially succeeding in the business endeavor. Great Selling to Everyone (including Investor Angels and Venture Capitalists!!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the 4/e?, February 8, 2014
No signs of the 4/e. It is shown on the McGrawHill web site. It is also shown as available by Amazon in other international stores from the 1st of February but it can not be bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, September 9, 2014
look like a new book very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 17, 2014
BRAND NEW AND SHIPPED ON TIME

5.0 out of 5 stars best college textbook prices around!, November 20, 2014
best price w/fast delivery

Technology Ventures From Idea to Enterprise
Technology Ventures From Idea to Enterprise by Thomas Byers (Paperback - 2010)
Used & New from: $55.00