Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Size: 3.5mm Audio CableChange

on May 14, 2014
I'm tempted to give this a 4 star because there are some flaws like some static (but expected in cities) and some button glitches, but that's really it.

The positive is overwhelming:
+IF YOU DONT HAVE A WORKING CIGARETTE LIGHTER, this is the best transmitter under $15 that I've tried in amazon's transmitter arsenal (I've tried 4 types).
+Great sound quality when there's little static.
+Cheap and at a price you can have 2-3 in case you forget, lose or break them.
+LUCKILY durable, I put it through a wash and dryer cycle and IT STILL WORKS.

So 5 star is warranted for its value and above avg performance.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2014
Does everything I needed without a problem. The auto-Off function is great. When you're done listening just unplug it and you're good to go. Comes with a charge and seems to transmit about 6 hours unplugged. Love it!
on August 15, 2014
I bought this transmitter after my other exceptionally cheap no name transmitter bit the dust after 10 months of faithful service. The TeckNet (why you would ever want to use a misspelling of Tech as your brand name is beyond me) has great reviews and met my requirements:

1) It has to be able to operate wirelessly..
2) It has to operate while being charged.
3) It has to work, Specifically on my 1990 VW Jetta's original stereo.

When you spend this little on an FM transmitter, your expectations are low. It's the price of a decent lunch. But the reviews here praised its performance, and it met my first two specifications. So I skipped lunch and bought it.

It was delivered a mere week later and the fact that it came with a car charger that also has an extra USB port to charge your phone, etc was a pleasant addition to the product. The simple operation and automatic turn off when inactive makes it very easy to live with. My first charge lasted a full week using it about an hour a day! Sound quality was great and I had no trouble finding a station that worked well.

Fast forward a month.

So after the first charge, I've discovered that it holds a charge for about 3 hours. Less than I expected, but the quality is still excellent. I just tend to plug it in for an hour or so here and there to keep it charged. You can also use it while its charging, so operation is still seamless. Overall the sound quality is outstanding in a variety of vehicles and the product is built well. I would like a longer battery life, but I'm quite satisfied with it. When it breaks, I'll be ordering another one!
on February 14, 2014
I've used FM transmitters in the past and have been underwhelmed but this unit impressed me. It's inexpensive but does a good job of transmitting a clean signal to the radio.
on June 19, 2014
This is the best sounding iPod FM transmitter I've purchased however it's not as sturdily designed as the cheaper ones. The ipod connector is set in soft plastic, which is bad for the following reason: the connector design is not a perfect match for the iPod Nano 4th Gen port so you have to push it in with a bit of force. My mistake was pushing from the bottom of the transmitter housing; this bent the connector and it caused a short. The iPod music kept shorting out and I'd hear the FM station for the frequency I had set the radio and transmitter to. I tried to bend the connector back to its original position but it was useless. I emailed the SmarTeck about the problem and they immediately agreed to send a replacement at no charge; I didn't even have to send the defective one back. These are good people at SmarTeck. But be careful when connecting this unit to an iPod or an iPhone. Try holding it by or as near the connector as you can get.

One thing I've learned about FM transmitters: your FM reception not only depends on the FM frequency but also on the vehicle itself. I have an old Dodge van where I get great FM radio reception just about anywhere, and the music sounds especially good through this transmitter. However, we just purchased a newer model SUV and this same FM transmitter is now more noisy and there's a problem with iPod signal dropout, no matter which frequency I try. But, I bought another model FM transmitter for my wife's iPod Nano 7th gen and it has the same exact problem. This proves that there can be something about a vehicle's interior construction which can partially block these FM transmitters. So, when people complain about FM reception problems with one of these transmitters, the problem may be with the vehicle and not the transmitter.
on June 7, 2014
I have had a few FM Transmitters and some more expensive then this, but none of them worked as well or clear.
There are certain draw backs to expect with these type of items(static noise) but when you have the station dialed in it works very clear and perfect. I use it in a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant and it works perfect on my iPhone 4 and I love the fact I can plug in a USB power cable as well.
I mentioned the static noise which happens when searching for stations but what this item does that I like tremendously is that there is NO feed back with the power cable plugged in which I was getting with the other transmitters.
on February 26, 2014
This transmitter, works great. People that complain about the static, etc. just need to play around with the channels on the radio and where you actually place the unit in your car. Mine works perfectly on my dashboard! EASILY OUT PERFORMS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE UNITS! No static, and it even over rides most music stations. Complete instructions and sweet dual usb plug included. I will for sure be recommending this product to others.
on October 7, 2014
So my first thoughts when seeing one in person was what it was and how it worked. My friends told me that they both thought I shouls get one and some thought that they gave lots of feedback. Well honestly the only feedback I ever got was from trying to find the right frequency.
One problem people may or may not come by is that when you turn your car off and on again it'll make static if plugged in when trying to play music. Well I did some magic and by that I mean I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I love this product. I highly recommend it and that anyone too cheap to buy a radio should buy this. Enjoy your new transmitters when you get them.
on April 20, 2014
It works really well, has a lot of stations that you can chose from and it has a USB charger on the power piece so you can charge and listen at the same time! That is definitely my favorite part
on February 10, 2015
I purchased the TrekNet MT-095 on 25 June 2014 (06/25/2014) and it has stopped functioning as of sometime last week, let's say Wednesday 04 February 2015 (02/04/2015). That means that the life span of the electronics under my use, which is not everyday or even regularly, was only seven (7) months. The battery lasted just fine and it still functions, however the FM transmitter no longer transmits. I've tried it in multiple vehicles and on an alarm clock radio. It previously could function with any of these devices. Another FM transmitter I purchased as a replacement transmits properly with the same device so the problem lies with this product.

At 7 months of use and at the price I paid, $14.99, this device costs $2.14 a month, which isn't bad, but when it comes to electronics, less than a year of use is unacceptable for a product to simply fail, especially under lite use. I cannot recommend this FM transmitter due to that alone.

The pros were that it was wireless except for charging, it had decent battery life, and that it was simple and small. However, that is where any of the pros end. The cons are that it has a short electronics life span for the cost, and that, even in an open country area with a fair amount of open FM frequencies with nothing but static, this transmitter cannot produce clear sound 3/4 of the time. My recommendation is spend another $10 or so and go with a better quality product.