I live in Dawson City, Yukon, and was looking for something suitable for our -40 weather, and these are perfect. Plus they are very stylish ~ I even bought some for my daughter, and the Original Moon Boots for my son!
Published on December 4, 2011 by Heidi A.E. Bliedung

So I decided to splurge a bit between these boots for the "looks warm and might actually be warm even though they aren't real fur" choice...and then I also got a pair of Emu Stinger boots, because they got better reviews than UGGS.

Published on December 2, 2011 by Vanja James

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love them ~ was looking for a warm, light and comfortable boot, and these are them., December 4, 2011
Heidi A.E. Bliedung (Dawson City, Yukon, CA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Cuter alternative to the UGG, but EMU's win for around the house warmth., December 2, 2011

Verdict: These boots look super cute on, are MUCH cuter than Uggs...i.e. I feel like a pocahontas princess in the tan pair, yet they are still wide and roomy and comfy for walking...but if you're walking indoors you might get toasty fast. While they are "warm " or they "generate warmth" if you are active...I'm a san diegan, mind you...they are NOT warm like genuine sheepskin...i.e. when you are just sitting there and need something warm, cuz its cold in your house. If you're going for warmth around the house....then go for some Emu's. (I got the Emu Stingers, FYI)

These might be good with warm socks, but I got the tan ones for 60 bucks and they're so adorable and winter-ey fun looking that its good for the cooler days in California. There's room to tuck in my jeans. If you wear a warm pair of knee socks with these, you might be set. I just tend to have cold feet. The suede is real, but the fur on the inside is faux. The lace detailing is also nice but if you tie both its not an easy on/off - you do have to untie the laces.

Oh yeah if you have wider feet - these are great, so are the Emu Stingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cute for Polar Vortex II, November 17, 2014
I have the 'official' moon landing boots that got me through last winter beautifully, but they are a little Neil Armstrong for daily wear. This style has the warmth and sturdiness of the original moon boot but is also a great style and easy to wear everywhere. I just sprayed suede waterproofing on them and have tromped through snow and rain since and my feet are always warm and dry. Plus they look fantastic with skinny jeans or tights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, diverse, versatile, comfy boots!, January 9, 2013
I purchased these as I was looking for boots which I could wear in the colder months, both outdoors and in, and was particularly focused on comfort, good traction, and natural materials and a "natural" appearance. They I ordered them on a Friday and was astounded to receive them on Monday, just in time for an extremely cold spell last week. They were so comfortable and warm that I had trouble talking myself into taking them off! The shearling lining and arch support have made them comfortable for long periods of time and they simply feel natural and "earthy" . I purchased them in dark brown to minimize looking soiled, but I also love the warmth and depth of the color and texture. I even hiked in them for close to 2 hours in the foothills, with some patches of snow, and they gave me great traction and a sense of grounding. One of the boots is a bit more difficult to get my foot into comfortably, but it seems to have conformed to my foot over time. Also, I have to make sure the laces are tied very securely and snug, as the lower ones have come untied a few times, but I love how they can be adjusted to increase the snugness of the fit around the ankle. Love these boots and I got a great price as well. Highly recommend if you're looking for earthy, good support, comfort, and warmth....and attractiveness!

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some flaws......., January 1, 2012
These boots are really cute, BUT when I received them, there were little scuff marks on the heels and toes of the boots. It is very comfortable, although the lining sheds when I put on the boots, not too much just a little bit. It fits well especially around the calfs and feet, but around the ankle its a little loose. The laces you can actually use and tighten the boots up if you needed to. The anchors that are attached to the boots that hold the laces have some wear and tear. They look as if it is going to rip right off if I tighten the boots up.

5.0 out of 5 stars great boots!!, December 24, 2011
These look great...very stylish...different than the usual boots...very comfortable....easy to slip on and off. I just waterproofed them with a silicon spray and I was good to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 30, 2014
Simone (UK & GREECE) - See all my reviews
love my boots !! so warm and cozy !!

Tecnica Women's Butter Moon Boot