Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 31, 2014
I purchased this Tecnica Yaghi 3 Fur (fox) Boot in dark brown in a size 7, which is my street shoe size. I had the opportunity to try on both Tecnica boot styles in a brick and mortar store before ordering on Amazon. I did not find that the Yaghi style runs big like others have noted, but I did notice that you can try on two pairs of size 7s and each will fit a bit differently. I suppose a drawback of buying this type of boot online is that you don't have the benefit of being able to try on several pairs at once. In any event, the size 7 Yaghi I received fits me exactly as I would expect a size 7 boot to fit. I can wear my Yaghi comfortably with a wool ski sock as well as with a thinner dress sock or nylon stocking. By comparison, the Tecnica Prestige fur (goat) boot I purchased in a size 7 is a little big for me and will comfortably accommodate up to a size 8 foot, as noted by my daughter who wears a size 8 street shoe.

Like the Prestige boot, this Yaghi boot is functionally extremely warm, perfect for subzero temperatures. They have enough traction on the bottoms so that you can walk safely through snow and ice. Your feet will definitely stay warm and dry.

I purchased the Yaghi in the dark brown color that has dark brown bovine fur on the boot front and dark calico colored fox fur on the shaft. (The calico fox fur is a combination of mocha, caramel, and black colors and goes perfectly with any colored outfit.)

Even though these are fur boots, they are pretty subtle compared to other fur boots I've seen and/or purchased before. I wear them with skinny jeans, leggings, gym clothes, cords, and with ski pants.

The front of the Yaghi boot is all fur, but the calf side of the boot has dark brown leather ties that lace up the back through small silver colored metal loops. You can't really see this in Amazon's pictures. The leather laces are pretty long and you have to tie them up and double knot them to keep them from slipping loose and causing you to trip and fall over them. At the end of each lace is a leather knot/tassel thing. When I wear my Yaghi boots, the knotted ends/tassel things swing from side to side when I walk, slapping the back of my ankles and calves, which I find annoying. It is better when I take the laces from the back and tie them in the front of the boot so that the ends don't slap around so much. (Unlike the Yaghi, the Prestige boot does not have any ties to it which I actually prefer.) The laces on the Yaghi aren't necessary to hold the boots in place so I don't need to unlace them to take my boots on/off.

Something to note about the difference between the fox fur on the Tecnica Yaghi boot versus the goat fur/hair on the Tecnica Prestige boot: The fox fur on the Yaghi style is softer, more delicate, shorter in length, and doesn't seem to shed as much as the goat fur/hair. The goat fur/hair on the Prestige style is long and fairly coarse which makes it extremely hardy in wet weather condition, however, it does shed quite a bit. (The goat hairs are long enough that someone could think that the hairs came from my head!) Both the fox fur and goat fur/hair will dry easily if wet from rain or snow.

Another difference between the Tecnica Prestige boot and the Yaghi version is the height of the boot shaft. The Yaghi boot is a little shorter in height than the Prestige boot. The top of the Yaghi boot is higher than my mid-calf but definitely lower than my knee, whereas the top of the Prestige boot comes up to my knee. Not a big deal, but something I noticed when I was trying on both boot styles at the brick and mortar store.

In sum, I love Tecnica boots -- they last forever and definitely keep you warm (and stylish). The fact that I can now buy them on Amazon is an added perk, especially if you can find your size (and color) at a discounted price and have Prime Time 2 day shipping.

I gave this Yaghi style boot 4 stars (whereas I gave the Prestige style boot 5 stars) because I prefer a slightly taller boot shaft height and I find the leather laces to be an unnecessary distraction from the style and functionality of the boot. If you like the look of laces on a fur boot, I recommend the Tecnica Zermatt boot style that has the metal loops and laces in the front instead of the back. I had the opportunity to try on the Zermatt style on in person and it is definitely a lovely boot as well. (The Zermatt style also has a nice wedge heel to it which is a plus!)
on February 1, 2012
I don't know where to begin with this boot; it is absolutely stunning. The genuine fox fur makes it so beautiful, not to mention the comfort of this Technica boot. I normally wear a 10, but in this boot you can definitely go down a size and a half. Also, Amazon has its super shipping which is just perfect. Definitely, a well-worth investment.
on March 7, 2014
I have had a pair of plain black tecnica boots for 15 years I recently purchased these and love them even more They are prettier in person, and the fur is so rich and thick and fluffy. The boots are incredibly warm and comfortable. I wear them for my city life, for skiing, and in the country. They are perfect!
on December 11, 2013
My husband ordered these boots for our anniversary for me and We read up on sizes for awhile and on different sites so I ordered size half bigger. I am a 6/12 and I ordered 7 it was a bit too big so I had to send them back and got a 6/12 it's a perfect fit. These boots are my dream boots. I love them so warm and cozy . And Amazon is the way to go for anything you order. With customer service they are the best and delivery is always on time. I only order from amazon .looking to get my Muti color boot next I ordered the white ones love love them
on December 18, 2013
What a fantastic boot. Normally I wear a 9 M, but in this I have an 8 and wish it were a 7 1/2. The solution is to wear heavier socks. They are easily 1 to 2 sizes too big, so begin by going down at least one full size and you will likely need an even smaller one.

As to looks-I was stunned when I opened the box-they are far more beautiful than I expected them to be. Worth every dime. Very well made. Truly magnificent.

By the way-I ordered the white, too, thinking I would prefer the white as I generally go with lighter footwear. To my astonishment, the white paled (no pun intended!) in comparison to the brown. It did not have the depth and richness, nor did it have the gorgeous color variation.As a final note-the fur feels so soft and silky-just wonderful.
on January 28, 2015
these boots are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I read some reviews and read that some people felt they were too big. I have a medium foot with a high arch and these boots in my regular size fit perfectly!!! Buy a pair and you will get millions of compliments
on January 2, 2013
i COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. These boots ARE made for walkin'. So comfy. The cold can't get through! Worth the extra money.
on March 16, 2014
If you're not a vegan or a person who dislikes any fur products these boots are amazing. My last pair of Tecnica fur boots lasted 20 years. The quality is truly excellent and they are well worth the high price!
on January 27, 2013
I get comments all the time ..I love these they are soft and warm.. could not ask for a better boot..
on November 30, 2014
These boots are high quality, super warm, and comfortable and have a fashionable design. They are perfect for apres ski. Surprisingly, they do not get dirty that easily. I am sure that I will have them for many years!