5.0 out of 5 stars This is StaphAseptic, just renamed
In searching for the now almost impossible to find StaphAseptic, I ran across info online about an FDA objection to wording on the StaphAseptic packaging. Tec Lab, the mfr. has relabeled and renamed it "Tecnu First Aid Antiseptic & Pain Relieving Gel" -- but ingredient-for-ingredient -- it is the same excellent product.

There are still leftover quantities of...
Published on June 20, 2012 by Mirabella

3.0 out of 5 stars good product, dirty package
contains natural, proven antiseptics.
box looked like it was in a flood.
Expiration date was within a few months of purchase, so look for a different source.
Published 9 months ago by RandomReviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is StaphAseptic, just renamed, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz

There are still leftover quantities of StaphAseptic around for sale at grossly inflated prices, as is typical when an item is discontinued or updated and changed in some way. (You'll see it here on Amazon, for example)and fans who love it may be tempted to stock up, but don't be ripped off! By the way, Amazon's price on the newly renamed Tecnu gel is the best anywhere -- I almost bought it elsewhere for three dollars more. Buyer beware!

It is a must-have product to keep on-hand for minor cuts, scratches, insect bites, and skin irritations, as it immediately relieves pain and itching. I will not be without it, but the price on remainders still around under the old name are outrageous!

StaphAseptic 2 oz:
Active Ingredients: Benzethonium Chloride ((0.2%) (First Aid Antiseptic), Lidocaine HCl ((2.5%) (Topical Pain Reliever)
Inactive Ingredients: Amino Methyl Propanol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Carbomer, Cocamide DEA, Disodium EDTA, Glycerine, Polyoxy 35 Castor Oil, Water (Purified), Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, White Thyme Oil

Tecnu First Aid Gel 2 oz:
Active Ingredients: Benzethonium Chloride (0.20%), Lidocaine HCl (2.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aminomethyl Propanol, Allantoin, Carbomer, Cocamide DEA, Disodium EDTA, Glycerine, polyoxyl 35 castor oil, Purified Water, Tea Tree Oil, White Thyme Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars my new favorite, August 20, 2012
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
If you tend to get burns when you can -- as I do -- Tecnu First Aid Antiseptic & Pain Relieving Gel is your new favorite thing. It kills the pain instantly. Who has time to soak in cold water when there are jars to fill?

We have had good results when using it on:

* bee stings, mosquito bites, etc.

* nettles

* those scratchy marks that squash plants bestow

* cat scratches -- which are notorious for leaving fine thin scars

* slivers -- makes them stop hurting and swells them up so they ooze themselves out.

* mild hives from food allergies.

It contains Tea Tree Oil and Lidocaine. I like it so much I'm considering giving it as Christmas presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every cent!!, August 10, 2012
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
I read the 3 reviews above and they are right on! It is Staph-A-Septic in new packaging, in fact the tubes read the same manufacturer.

I use this on everything!!! It is the greatest first aid cream/gel/ointment hands down - I originally bought Staph-A-Septic to treat a mild to medium case of MRSA on the skin, which looked/felt like spider bites. In conjunction with Hibiclens it really does the job that antibiotics could not. Even in the FDA study it says it is more effective than other compared creams/gels.

In our house we keep this stuff on hand and ready, we are very glad to see it is being sold again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
Some time ago I wrote a glowing review for Staphaseptic, Tecnu's first generation of this product. When staphaseptic was removed from the market because of unconfirmed claims it made, I thankfully became aware that tecnu had a replacement for this product-just not with the medical claims on the box. I keep one in each bathroom and in my car! As soon as I have a cut or irritated hair follicle, etc. I apply this for 2-3 days and it heals. I am always fearful of developing an infection from some benign looking scrape, as I had experienced in the past. It works on pimples, too. And, my mother tried this on cracked skin on her heels. She had tried prescription and OTC products to no avail until she tried this. I have sent several tubes to her and she has distributed some to her friends and they are now tecnu devotees! The only thing-smells like lestoil-- I guess because of the tea tree oil in it. Don't let that stop you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great antiseptic gel, January 27, 2014
Crownbach (San Diego, California, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
Nice having a gel rather than a gooey or sticky cream or ointment. Has listed antiseptic but one of its inactive ingredients is potentially quite active, namely the thyme oil which itself can be quite an antiseptic. Also has tea tree oil another ingredient with antiseptic qualities. Originally sold as staphAseptic and touted as something to prevent staph infection, but whether this is claimed now is a question to be answered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more useful than Neomysic-Neosporin items..., August 7, 2012
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
I've used the Neomycin products for years with great results: no infections result. I bought this just to try after I found in on Amazon by accident. I've only used it once without any issues. Does it work better? Hard to tell. The box says it seeps into the wound instead of sitting on top and blocking out oxygen needed to heal wounds, so in that way it is better. Only time will tell on other wounds.
Arrived promptly as described and does what it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product!, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
I have used many topical first aid gels over the years, but Tecnu outperforms them all. I have a propensity to burn myself frequently. A few minutes after applying Tecnu to a minor burn, the pain and swelling subside. My son burned his arm today on a hot ladder. I gave him some Tecnu to rub on the burn; he too was impressed at how well it worked. It is truly an amazing product.

5.0 out of 5 stars same as staphtastic, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
i read a couple reivews and i was wondering should i spend 50 bucks for the old staphtastic. as soon as i got it home and opened the box i knew it was the same stuff in a different box. This stuff kills everything! from a small bump, rash i even put it on a razor bump...keep some in the cabinet, u wont be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
I have severe excema and have tried very expensive creams, but NOTHING helped me. I bought Tecnu First Aid Gel. I used it along with a hand cream and amazingly it is curing my hands. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone with this problem. I wish I could get it in a larger container. It's an excellent product!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have this... but haven't had to use it yet., August 13, 2013
This review is from: Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz
I wouldn't have thought about having a topical painkiller, until my wife got stung by an otherwise harmless scorpion. Even something as transitory as a wasp-like sting is no fun. I'm not looking for trouble, but it's good to have this in our first aid kits. You never know...

Tecnu First Aid Gel, 2Oz