Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ted 16" Plush with Sound & Moving Mouth, R-Rated, 5 Phrases (Explicit Language)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 17, 2012
Folks who enjoyed the movie Ted will love this 16" trash-talkin' Ted with moving mouth.

Just squeeze his left paw, and he says another of a number of R-rated quotes from the movie -- I believe it is indeed Seth McFarlane's voice -- or he sings the thunder song, while his mouth moves in synch.

Despite his longshoreman's vocabulary, this is also a nice bear -- his fur is soft, and he has plastic eyes and nose.

What's more, the Ted I received DOES have replaceable batteries; the instructions appear on the bottom of the box. Ted's back has a velcro-closed vertical slot with a tethered battery pack inside. He takes three AA batteries. You may want to check with the vendor before buying; ask them to look at the bottom of Ted's box...

Ted also has a nice heft -- Pooh isn't the only one who chows down on potfuls of hunny apparently -- and a pleasingly plump teddy bear tummy and tail.

But let's be clear -- this R-rated version is for adults only! Choose the G-rated version for your rug rats...

PROS:

* Looks and sounds just like Ted in the movie.
* Mouth moves in synch with words spoken.
* Well made bear -- nice fur, decent weight.
* Replaceable batteries.
* First R-rated teddy bear!

CONS:

* NOT for children!
* Hide your stash!
* Ted likes his munchies -- grocery bill likely to soar!
* Doesn't do the Dirty Fozzie!
on January 9, 2014
I bought it as a gift for my wife and she loves it. It arrived on time and in perfect condition; worked right out of the box and it was the 5 Phrases R-Rated. "His" mouth moves according to the words. Great price (29.1 USD). Shipping weight was 1.18 kg (2.6 lb).
review image
on November 26, 2012
I bought one of these from Amazon because the R Rated version is not available to buy in the UK but when it arrived it was the clean PG version. The bear itself is great, it is lovely and soft and it is ideal for the younger generation but not for me as i wanted a replica of the bear in the movie that swears and farts. Be careful when ordering that you are purchasing the version you are wanting.
on April 11, 2014
He is the real Ted,LOVE HIM and his filthy mouth too!........If you are a big fan of the movie and can't wait for the sequel in 2015,then you will love this dirty little fella....Thanks for a great product.
on January 8, 2015
Product was exactly as described and arrived in a timely manner, tracking status was updated and product arrived safe! A++
review image
they sent me the RED Tag, The R rated !!
Its Really cool,
i have him sitting in a chair near me now!!
I'm going to take him with me to the ted 2 next year,
on sky grid on my iPad, i was reading ted 2 is confirmed YIPEEE.
this looks like ted,
if you keep the box, hell stand up in there, like a holder,
his legs won't bend like a reg teddy bear
but overall, he's short and puffy like the real ted !!
the eyes are brown plastic so cute,
nose is plastic to,
has a moving mouth
hope you all take ted to see the ted 2 next year !!!
I'm sure am !!
i may have to order a bother by then lol
I've been taking it from room to room where ever i go,
id rate it 10 stars if i could !!
on December 8, 2012
Be cautious and please read the reviews before ordering this. I didn't, and now I'm fighting with the company to get my money refunded. They sent the wrong bear. It has the 12 slogans for the pg version, not the 5 for the r-rated version. i was really looking forward to the thunder buddy song, but of course it's not on here. please look elsewhere if you want the r-rated version, and from what I read, the pg version can be bought for less than half the price too.
on April 6, 2014
So she loved the movie and said man I'd love to have a dirty talking teddy bear, so movie was a hit, they made this version and I bought it and I got the correct version with the R rated speech so all is well and she loves her ted

BC
on September 22, 2014
My teenage son is a big Ted fan and I was looking for something that would be a gift he wouldn't expect. He was thrilled to get a Ted that he could sing the "thunder song" with. Ted has a potty mouth and cusses and will say things about sex, so keep that in mind when purchasing. Our Ted is about a year old now and his battery still works well. Squeeze his hand and if you liked the movie, you will love what comes out of his mouth! LOL. This is a very nice quality material and a size that you can cuddle with if you need to.
on March 4, 2014
Ted travelled from the USA to Thailand and arrived on time and in perfect condition - absolutely delighted - does everything it is supposed to do - very funny and great for any adult with a sense of humor.