4.0 out of 5 stars Shed or not?, April 25, 2003
nicol houghland (Woodland Park, colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ted's Shed (Usborne Easy Words to Read) (Paperback)
This one I really like the words. Its almost musical. Unlike the other ones in this series it doesn't rely on his friends to solve problems, but more invention on Teds part. You can use these books to reinforce color recognition for the real young, word recognition for the toddler and recognizing how to work together while learning to read for the pre readers. This whole series is great for all children from 18 months to beginning reading. It rolls when reading to your children the art is whimsical and the stories have some plot and are focused on problem solving together. It is the phonics and the rhyming that you will love, and they are short enough to keep you and your childs attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite book for my niece, October 10, 2008
I purchased this book for my neice as a Christmas gift when she was about 1 or 2 years old. Not having kids of my own, I had no way to judge its quality, but I have a dog named Ted (Teddy) so I figured, why not.

In the months that followed, my brother reported that his daughter would ask him to read the book every day, several times a day.

My niece is now in the 1st grade, and during a recent visit, my brother commented that she *still* reads the book! I've now purchased it for another neice who was just born and would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have to teach reading through phonics, November 12, 2013
I needed a large stock of phonics books as my daughter loves reading but can't handle sight words on their own. This is one of 12 in a series, we got all of them used, all in great condition and with timely delivery (even from the UK). And my daughter loves them all, sweet stories connected by the same characters used in each book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked the series of these books, February 25, 2012
I purchased a series of these books, all of them are very nice. These are great for 3-4 year old and very rhyme focused. My daughter enjoyed them thoroughly. They are available in libraries and I purchased many of them from Amazon. Recommend for small kids.

Ted's Shed (Usborne Easy Words to Read)
Ted's Shed (Usborne Easy Words to Read) by Phil Roxbee Cox (Paperback - June 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01