Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Teen Cuisine
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 14, 2010
Along with being able to read and write, one of the truly life-long skills children can be equipped with is the ability to cook. All to often adolescence is a time of fast-food take-out alternating with microwave fare. What is needed is something to engage teens with the sense of accomplishment that comes from making a meal with their own hands that will be as delicious as it is nutritious. That's where Matthew Locricchio's "Teen Cuisine" comes in. This superbly illustrated 207-page compendium is an instructive collection of 'kitchen cook friendly' recipes of dishes that will appeal to even the most discriminating appetites. From breakfast items like a Fresh Fruit Tostados; to snacks such as a Yogurt and Cucumber Dip; to a variety of 'Celebrity Soups' including New Gazpacho with Chipotle Almond Cream; to salads and dressings such as Chicken Salad with Green Goddess Dressing; to sandwiches and burgers where 'Not-an-Ordinary Grilled Cheese Sandwich' truly lives up to its name!; to pizzas, side dishes, entrees, and desserts, "Teen Cuisine" offers something for every meal time occasion. Enhanced with the inclusion of a list of kitchen pantry essentials, a metric conversion chart, and an illustrated list of kitchen equipment and utensils, "Teen Cuisine" is a welcome and enthusiastically recommended addition to family, school, and community library Cookbook collections.
on May 29, 2013
We gave this gift to our son for his 13th birthday, and now he loves being responsible for one meal each week. He picks recipes, makes a grocery list, and creates the meal all on his own. And he loves it. This is a great book for him because all of the recipes are things he likes, and he learning how to cook his favorite things.
on November 14, 2011
My teenager niece and nephew love Chef Locricchio's books. This latest, Teen Cuisine, is great. The recipes are unique, easy to follow, and delicious. As an adult and avid cook myself, I really like the chef's tips included in his work. He is so generous in sharing the history, general information, and his complete knowledge of specific ingredients and special techniques. And this cookbook is fun. The photographs are stunning. The recipes are inspiring. My teenagers love the cooking process and the final products. Each and every one of the recipes we have cooked together from this book are smashing successes. Matthew Locricchio is a very talented chef and great communicator. If anyone is searching for a positive, rewarding, and yummy way to be more involved with teenagers this cookbook(especially the ease of instruction and the ease in buying needed ingredients), this is the cookbook to use. Absolutely one of my family favorites.
on July 21, 2014
I wasn't the one who bought this, my mom got it for me for my 13th birthday.

If you want a teens opinion, it's like a regular cookbook, but it's still really fun trying new recipes by myself!

If your thinking about getting this for yourself, your kid, or your friend, DO IT!! It's a good cookbook for kids my age.
on January 31, 2013
Bought this for my 14 yr old son.

Since mom insists on watch the food network he has decided he wants to try his hand at cooking.

This worked out pretty good for us as he now has cooked a couple of meals from this without getting "chopped" as his sibling put it.

Good instructions and pictures.
on August 17, 2015
We bought this as a birthday gift for my 15 year old stepson. He really enjoys cooking and has been taking classes that his school offers. We wanted to give him something that would challenge him a bit, teach him measurements, and with easy to follow recipes. This cookbook achieved it. We first tried the Mac and Cheese. This has to be the easiest and most cost effective mac and cheese recipe I have ever seen. I have made many versions in the past for parties, and would now choose this version over the rest. He made it for his younger brother's first birthday and had so many compliments. He has been asked to make it for other parties as well. He felt so good about himself for being able to follow the recipe and cook the dish on his own. I would recommend this cookbook to anyone with a teenager that loves the kitchen. Although it is meant for the teenager, the recipes aren't just omelettes and sandwiches.
on January 23, 2016
My 12 year old son loved this cookbook -- great pictures and directions make it a plus -- he's voluntarily cooked meals (and they were good!) several times since Christmas which makes this a miracle worker! Definitely worth picking up if you have a teen/tween interested in cooking or food.
From the Back Cover: Renowned chef Matthew Locricchio's Teen Cuisine is a one-of-a-kind cookbook that introduces adolescents to more than 50 mouthwatering recipes. For beginning cooks and seasoned chefs, its step-by-step instructions feature fresh, nutritious ingredients and show-stopping dishes made from scratch.

What Stephanie Thought: When it comes to food, most of my experiences go like this:
Somebody: Hey Stephanie, you like to eat, right? Are you good at cooking?
Me: No, no. I can't be good in every room of the house!
But seriously. Considering I'm the kind of person who could burn a caesar salad, most people would not come to me first (or at all) for food catering needs. Which is why when I saw this cookbook that clearly states it is for neophytes, I knew it was perfect for me.

Many of the recipes featured in Teen Cuisine are indeed a very innovative way to get kids to enjoy their time in the kitchen. The four recipes I tried out (California-style pizza, Alabama Festival Shrimp, Po-Boy Sandwich, and Slow Cakes) ended up fantastic: easy-to-follow, orderly, and most importantly, tasty.

I wish the recipe instructions would have had more pictures. For a beginner's cookbook, this one isn't as effortless as it leads on to. I would have loved progressive images to keep track of where I was while cooking, sort of like in origami or other craft books.

Also, easy cooking does not necessarily mean healthy cooking. Though a lot of the recipes call for "whole-grain" and "fresh" ingredients, it is evident by the foods themselves, such as the Max Mac and Cheese and Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza, that these are not exactly heart-healthy selections. I'll admit I'm sort of a nut about these kinds of things. The recipes are super, yes, and even better, simple, but if you closely watch what you eat, Teen Cuisine's greasy choices may not be ideal for you.

Stephanie Loves: The recipe for California-style pizza. Think California Pizza Kitchen or what I like to call sun pizzas! Yummm.

Where Stephanie Got It: Received directly from FSB Media for review.

Radical Rating: 8 hearts- Would recommend to lots of really good friends.
on January 30, 2011
I picked up this book because of its great cover. As soon as I opened it I found so many great recipes that I could easily see my teenage son and/or his friends making. I bought the book and showed them several recipes, all of which they were motivated to make and felt would be no problem at all. As a matter of fact, they were excited about making some of these recipes.

Tonight my son did the incredibly easy and very tasty, "Max Mac and Cheese" for our family dinner. We do weekly family dinners with our extended family and everyone loved! the Mac and Cheese!! He did a wonderful job with the recipe and it was so easy for him. He didn't seem overwhelmed AND the meal was great!!! He was so proud of what he did for the family and felt so good about his contribution to the family dinner.

Cooking can be daunting and intimidating but the recipes in "Teen Cuisine" make the whole process 'doable' and actually enjoyable because of how they are laid out.

Because of tonight's success, my son has already picked out several other recipe's to try.
on May 23, 2013
Yummy recipes. Great pictures and easy to follow directions. Love all the food in this. Highly recomended. It is a must buy.