4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for "teens"
Published on September 2, 2012 by Candace D. Morin

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
iT WAS A GIFT TO MY NEPHEW. Shes is enjoying right now
Published 2 months ago by Roberto Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for "teens", September 2, 2012
I have always loved fantasy horror.... vampires, werewolves, ghosts....the horror genre that does NOT involve chopping people up, eating them or anything that could actually happen in this crazy world! Finding new material directed at the older generation is difficult since we are supposed to outgrow these tastes, I suppose in favor of more sophisticated material (reality shows?). The odd time a truly well done adult series is picked up, it rarely lasts (The Firm, Missing, Firefly...)

I almost never tried this series because of the title "TEEN Wolf". And the main characters ARE teenagers but with several interesting adult characters thrown in for good measure. The script is clever, the special effects are wonderful and I found the whole package very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars A WORTHY NEW SEASON; NOT A RETREAD, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Teen Wolf: Season 2 (DVD)
First of all (with due respect to the characters): This is a work of FICTION (and 22-23 year olds are playing the part of 16 year olds)!! It was never intended to be Shakespeare. It is very possible that the first season took everyone by surprise by its success and the idea for a second season was not necessarily fully crystalized. It is, after all, on MTV and not TNT or USA. That said, the show did a superb job taking things in a new direction and avoided the triteness of trying to imitate what one might see on HBO, "Vampire Diaries", or "Twilight". The special effects alone deserve kudos and the cast is uniformly strong and varied. We are treated to:1)A "murder" mystery;2)Suspense;3)Surprises;4)Cliff hangers;and 5)3-Dimensional characters, among other things. The show has been so successful that it has been picked up for a third season and moved to LA from Georgia which is certainly a step up and a vote of confidence (look how fast the 2nd season DVD is being offered compared to its predecessor). Now for the criticism voiced above:1)The show is designed for a youthful audience and the attractiveness of the cast is undoubtedly deliberate; it is called "eye candy" and the lack of shirts and other nudity is exactly what one would expect. You don't want your cast to look like werewolves even when they're not; 2)Lydia remains a partial mystery as does the "veterinarian" and his "daughter?" which is what one looks forward to; 3)The Argents were evidently a prominent family in the city. Thus the turnout for Kate's funeral (and you can't expect to see a funeral for every character killed - then we would be watching nothing but funerals);4)The death of the Omega showed us the broadsword that Grandpa Argent can wield and which appears later on in a threatening moment to one of the more prominent characters; 5)As already pointed out, Derek is not much of an Alpha; 6)By resurrecting Peter, it explains why Scott did not die when Peter supposedly did since P was the one who turned S and, according to Werewolf lore, S should have died as well;7)There may have been some "loose ends" (I could mention others but so what!)but there is a third season coming and there are always loose ends to deal with in episodic TV. This is a FUN show which doesn't pull its punches. Moments of comedy are sprinkled in with the major dramatic thrust.
Will the werewolves survive? Will the hunters prevail? Will Scott resolve his romantic situation? Will Grandpa Argent return and in what form? What is in store for Jackson? Is there another Kanima on the horizon? Is the veterinarian a competing hunter with a soft spot for certain werewolves? Is Matt really dead? What will Lydia become? What does Peter intend? What path will Stiles be taking? Stay tuned!! Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Mystery, More Romance, More Action, More Everything!, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Teen Wolf: Season 2 (DVD)
This season had more drama, more suspense, more action, more romance, and well it had it all. Some things weren't always easy to understand but each episode made things more and more clear and made me eventually just shut up and enjoy how it all went down! A great start and a good ending that had the viewers wondering what would happen next season. Is Gerard dead? Is Peter really back to "HELP"? Are the alphas coming to cause trouble?

If one simply watches and enjoys instead of spending all day to write a review about the shows logic and flaws, because they want everything explained to them in third grade logic, they would find this a great season for Teen Wolf. Not everyone will like this season and respect it as it deserves but not everyone can write a 12 episode masterpiece for FREE Tv. Jeff Davis, his writing crew, and all the actors enjoyed making this season and I enjoyed watching it. I feel bad for the people too close minded to give the show a chance because of the whole "oh some girl teenage show" because it isn't. It is mainly for teens but everyone probably from 13-50 can enjoy it. It was well written and I enjoy the mysteries the first two seasons gave us although originally not liking Jackson as the Kanima. Great show though!

5.0 out of 5 stars embarrassed to say...Teen Wolf Addict..., March 6, 2014
My wife and I have sat here and watched every possible episode! We can not believe it! After all, we are of the age of the original Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf 2 movies!

Who cares....great show...just don't tell our kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Teen Wolf: Season 2 (DVD)
It may take you the first three episodes to get into it, but after that the show is fun, exciting, witty, and all around a good time. 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teen Wolf is an awesome show., March 12, 2014
This review is from: Teen Wolf Season 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
Teen Wolf is amazing. I love all of the suspense that goes on in each scene. Dylan O'Brien is really funny too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci-Fi Classic, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Teen Wolf Season 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
Totally surprised that MTV had such a quality show. It's hard to find a good sci-fi show on American television period, but this one hit the spot for me. Werewolves and many more supernatural creatures (I don't want to spoil the fun) fill the storyline and I am often surprised by the plotlines.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked the action..., December 31, 2013
I liked the action of this movie...much more emotional than Season 1...this movie held my interest much more than previous season...great movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a howling good time (...sorry)., May 30, 2013
This review is from: Teen Wolf: Season 2 (DVD)
I'm not much of a MTV fan, but I got caught up in the first season of Teen Wolf, and I watched the second season last year as well. With quirky characters, and a strong plot line, even though I'm not the target audience, I enjoy the show. It can be funny, serious, and campy all in one shot. I expect the upcoming third season will be just as good.

I recently received the DVD set, and watched through the second season again. The only negative thing I have to say is that the music has been edited in this release. The same thing was done in the first season set, and I can't really understand why. I know clearing music is hard and expensive, but given the show had already used the songs in the televised version, shouldn't that earn them the right to keep them in the set (when it's released to the public)? Did the music licenses expire? In any case, with the exception of the shirtless montage (come on, really? I like hot guys, but I don't need to watch a full clip of them half naked), the extras are excellent. The commentaries in particular are very interesting (the producers have much to say on the goings-on of the show), and the gag reel was quite fun.

If you ask me, June 3rd can't come soon enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd Season, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Teen Wolf: Season 2 (DVD)
***complimentary copy received in exchange for an honest review***

Teen Wolf is an exciting, supernatural series that doesn't follow the normal Hollywood Trends. I saw some growth in the characters from last season and learned more about exactly how these werewolves exist. The show plays like sort of a supernatural soap opera, which isn't an insult. I enjoy this type show once in awhile. This season, people died, people disappeared, people came back from the dead. There are still many secrets left to be revealed. I'm really curious about the so-called vegetarian. We're left wondering about a lot of things including whether or not Matt is dead, if Grandpa Argent will return, and what Lydia is changing into. All these unanswered questions are exactly what will keep fans biting their nails until next season.

Season Two of Teen Wolf took off with a growl and kept the action going to the very last episode. While generally geared towards the younger crowd, this is a show I don't mind watching with my teenage daughter. The special effects are great, the characters are interesting (even if the actors playing them are 26 instead of 16) and the cliffhanger season finale left me wondering what Season 3 will bring. 4 Stars

Teen Wolf Season 2