5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!
Published on November 17, 2012 by Charlie B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Collection with a few flaws...
This is a collection of the DVDs that have been released since 2004 in one beautifully nostalgic box. If you happen to own the separate DVDs, then there is really no need to purchase this collection, unless you just have to have this Turtle Van with actual rolling wheels. I have to admit, the packaging is very cool and reminiscent of the early 90's appearance and feel...
Published on December 26, 2012 by True fool

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection (DVD)
Just received mine today, and was definitely impressed. The box reminds me of the way the actual turtle van used to be packaged back in the day, which was a nostalgic plus for me. It's packaged beautifully, a plastic barrier on top containing the episode guide keeps it in place, and all discs were in their slots perfectly. I like this better than separate cases because I can just pull seasons/episodes accordingly. The case is not economical, mine is just sitting on a table for now, but I'm sure I'll find some creative way to display it, or possibly store it and put the discs in sleeves. From the episode guide, everything seems to be in order as they were aired (although some of the episodes may not have been in correct order during the original presentation). Watching as I type, and everything is all good, no complaints! So glad Lionsgate finally did this, great send off for a phenomenal series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The re-issue is EXACTLY like the 2012 version, September 7, 2014
yenrab (Raleigh, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This set was first released in Nov 2012 and I bought it then and now again in Aug 2014. I bought this re-issue for my brother since he missed out on the first go around. The re-issue is EXACTLY like the 2012 version. I see zero difference. Some of the episodes are still out of order, the same as the 2012 version, but this shouldn't deter you from dropping the coin on this collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every Classic Episode Full of "Turtle Power"!, April 27, 2013
Alex (United States) - See all my reviews
If you're a child of the '80's or 90's, then you probably grew up watching "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." This set collects all of the individual Lions Gate DVD releases to present the entire series in one box set. Those individual releases had some errors, all of which are repeated here since the disc contents are identical. Most of the errors are with the episode order, including 2 episodes from season 5 that were missed when that set was released, so those episodes are actually found on the season 10 disc. Some episodes are also presented multiple times across the discs. This set would have received 5 stars, but loses some points due to these errors. The disc count could have been decreased as well if they chose to redo them for this set. Some discs contain as many as 13 episodes, while others have as few as 7. If they cut out the repeated episodes, corrected the episode order, and averaged the episodes per disc, they could have saved some plastic.

The packaging is visually impressive, looking like the Turtles' Party Van. The inside has slots covered in fabric to prevent the discs from touching. It is easy to remove individual discs without touching the bottoms as well. The top is also padded. The packaging has a few flaws though. The top half doesn't secure in any way other than simply resting on top of the discs. It would have been better to have it either hinged or have a way for it to snap in place. If it were to fall off a shelf, your discs will go flying everywhere. It also comes with a booklet with an episode guide and bonus feature listing. It doesn't really fit inside the van, unless you bend it around the top of the discs. It should have been made smaller or had a compartment for it.

Due to the new Nickelodeon series, all of the Lions Gate releases are now out of print with no current plans to re-release these episodes. The complete series set now comes with a pretty steep second-market value. Used sets can sometimes be found for as cheap as $50, but new sets are rarely seen available for under $150. If you just want the episodes, the individual releases are much easier to come by (Amazon still has all of them in stock). Collecting them all that way is MUCH cheaper than this set and the only thing you miss out on is the party van. You still get every episode and bonus feature if you buy them separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars COWABUNGA DUDE!, November 19, 2012
Kinglgc17 (Houston, TX- USA) - See all my reviews
My girlfriend gave me this for my birthday. It is awesome!
As someone who grew up watching this cartoon all the time and is my favorite as a kid, this is the best present I have received. It was pretty funny at the beginning when she gave it to me because I thought it was a toy and didn't know it had all the seasons inside. If you are a TMNT fan I recommend this collectors edition as a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars TMNT, November 27, 2012
If you are a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan this is a MUST HAVE!!! I bought it for 2 reasons 1 for myself because I grew up watching these on tv & 2 so my kids can grow up watching better cartoons than what is on today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best incarnation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!, September 27, 2012
I was 5 years old when the Ninja Turtles cartoon came out in 1987, however I was too young to be fully aware of them at the time until I was 6 turning 7. So yeah, I started getting really into them in 1989. 1989 was the same year the Michael Keaton Batman movie came out as well as the Sega Genesis. So it was a really awesome time to be a kid growing up to all that.

As a whole, the Ninja Turtles cartoon is totally fun to watch. You'll enjoy every season of it. I just wish the live action movies of the Ninja Turtles had the Turtle Van, Krang, the Technodrome, Bebop and Rocksteady. That's how much this incarnation of the Ninja Turtles meant to me.

Anyways, if you've grown up to this as a kid, you'll definitely want this. If you also happen to be a parent, this will be great for your kids. As they too need to watch this. They'll grow to love it as much as you have.

Update:
I now own this thanks to Amazon.com, it's a good thing the price went down when I ordered it. So you'll want to get this while it's cheap, because once the price goes up again, it will annoy you because no DVD box set should cost 4 times the amount that it originally sold for.

5.0 out of 5 stars This set is awsome!, December 10, 2012
-It's well produced.
-Great Color
-Great Organization
-Great Display Box
This product is all around awsome; great for all people!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, December 8, 2012
I know the van is awesome and I love how the wheels actually spin, but Id rather have a more traditional box for the complete set, id even go as far as to buy an officially licensed empty replacement box that was more like The Real Ghostbusters Complete Series, other than that though I couldnt be happier, ive been holding off on buying the season dvds because of hopes of a complete box and it payed off.

5.0 out of 5 stars COWABUNGA, December 8, 2012
I was a fan of the turtles since early childhood and remain so today. This show is still fun today and bring's back a lot of war, memories. Those that haven't seen the show, this is a great chance to see what all the hype is about from the classic series. It is stellar. A must see for anyone who is interested in animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Know Who Thought Up this Set, But I Want to Have Their Children, May 25, 2013
It's the classic turtle van, with all the classic characters and the wheels even move. This sits proudly next to my Bender's Head Futurama set, but Futurama doesn't hold a candle to the cartoon series I grew up with (not in terms of story, but pure emotional joy at reliving my childhood).

All of the discs worked for me, so that is in contrast to other reviewrs who indicated their 9th disc wouldn't play. Maybe it was fixed or maybe it's just a glitch in the manufacturing. What I love is that everything looks and sounds just as I remember from the cartoon that was written to sell toys.

If you have a Turtle Fan in your life or you yourself are a turtle fan and you don't have the series in your collection, this is for you. Buy it, you won't be dissappointed.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection