Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

VINE VOICEon May 21, 2008
Not to be confused for a collection digitally remastered for sound and picture quality, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3-Pak simply bundles the previously released Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) into one handy, reasonably priced boxed set. I knew this going into the purchase, and so should you. With the exception of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the best of the three films) which unfortunately features the same grainy-at-times video quality of the VHS edition (if not more), the films look pretty good and sound nice in 5.1 Dolby Surround. Features include Widescreen and Fullscreen versions of the films; Closed Captioning; English subtitles; Animated Menus; Interactive games; Character biographies; and Trailers. I picked up this collection on the cheap following the big screen release of the CGI-animated feature film TMNT (2007). Until someone gets wise and release a remastered collection, this Turtles 3-Pak is a good, cheap way to preserve the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy on DVD.
on October 25, 2005
Growing up, I can't remember anything better than waking up on Saturday morning to watch cartoons. Out of all the cartoons on the morning line up TMNT was priority one. So, logically when movie number one hit the box office I dragged my mom to theater to stand in line. What an awesome experiance.

Now that Mikey is all growns up (in age, not heart), I can watch these movies and remember all the times I spent emulating the fight scenes and every now and then sending my friends home with bloody lips. On to the reviews......

TMNT #1: A+ Great flick. Even now, I cant think of a movie that so closely resembles its other medium. Turtles costumes looked authentic, but Shredder is by far the best dressed. Great story, even though the love scene with Casey and April could have been cut with no tears. The one thing that bugged me more than anything was the origin of Splinter. It was more believable in the cartoon, WHY?!?

TMNT #2 Secret of the Ooze: A- Good flick. Didnt like this April as much, but liked the Turtle costumes better. Shredder still best dressed. Toka and Raza, could have been a little more menacing. But the movie more than makes up for it with Super Shredder, and Vanilla Ice's best song of his career "Ninja Rap". Still a solid story.

TMNT #3: B+ Good flick. I was a little older when I saw this one so my opinion probably would have been better. But never-the-less the story was decent with what material they had left to keep it fresh. Old April is back with flying colors. My least favorite of the three but had the most heart. Raphael coming out of his "shell", pun intended.

So all in all, if your in mid 20's like me, this is a must buy collection, you will look back 30 years from now and feel like a kid again. And at the price you cant beat it. COWABUNGA!!

For all you Raphael fans out there, suck it. Leonardo RULES!!
66 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2005
lets face this topic first. The standards by which films are made in present day aren't as they once were back in the early 90's. I myself now have to laugh at some of the ridiculous stuff thats going on in the Ninja Turtles movies. No not the comedy, but say the second films lack of plot or the ever changing cast over the three films. HOWEVER! If you were a fan of these movies long ago when growing up, I beleive you will enjoy revisiting these films. The first film is great and today possibly could pass as a B film. The other two are great for fans, admitidly not as good as the first but at the same time, I feel today these flicks might have gone straight to video. Don't get me wrong. I love these movies. They are a part of my childhood and a part of me. Yet, I am saying the above to tell all film enthusiasts that these aren't "Great films" for film fans. They are for fans of the Turtles and as that, these films triumph. Recapture the magic of these films as they are now avalible in this DVD 3 set. and for the cost, I dobt see how anyone could possibly regret buying these sweet movies. Thanks for reading. hope it was helpful.
VINE VOICEon June 2, 2005
Ninja Turtles may be as loved as hated as the Pokemon (and I love Pokemon, too!) but either way, just like Pokemon is in Japan, TMNT is a classic in America! Everyone who grew up in America in the 80's and 90's should get this collection just to say "I have the Ninja Turtle Collector's Set!"

Great movies, action-packed. I personally like the first one most because the turtles look more "real"... Since I expected every sequal to be identical to the very first one, I was a little dissapointed in the 2nd due to different visual effects and the change of casting, and even more so with the third, but nonetheless I love them all, and I recommend all of them if you want a nostalgic collection of growing up.
on July 22, 2012
Now I love the Teeage Mutant Ninja Turtles live action movies. The first one is classic, the 2nd one has it's flaws but it's a ton of fun and my personal favorite, the 3rd one whitch alot of people hate, I personely enjoyed it. I own each movie on vhs and I never really got around to geting the DVDs but when I found this blu ray at wal mart for 15$ I had to get it. The blu ray has the 3 movies on seprate discs that have pizza designs on them, The quality is mostly good but not to impressive. The first film compared to the vhs looks great, the colors are more brighter and details are easier to see, It still has a fuzzy look to it but over all it looks good. also the sound is more clear. But even with all that, this blu ray dosen't have any worth while extras, it only has a trailer for the movie and a sneak peek video for the video game TMNT Smash Up. The second film compared to the first film's quality, it's not as impressive, the colors still look brighter and the detail once again are easier to see. But the film still has that fuzzy look to it, I often thought that it was the DVD of the movie with hardley any major clean ups. and like the first movie, hardley any worth while extras, just the trailer for the movie. So over all the quality is alright. Now the 3rd movie, now I know that the people that hate the 3rd film aren't gonna be happy about this but the 3rd film's quality looks great, the colors are vibrant, the details are superb. but just like the 1st and 2nd, no worth while extras, just a trailer for the movie. But overall, this blu ray set is very worth while for turtle fans, despite some flaws in the quality, it's the best these movies have ever look, and those who coulden't affored the collecter's edtion on blu ray, then this set is well worth the money.
on May 26, 2016
If you're a classic TMNT fan, you've gotta get these movies. In my opinion, they really capture the source material well, especially the first two. Getting all three in one package is a great way to go. Not only is it cheaper than buying all three Blu-Rays individually, but it also saves shelf space putting one case on there VS three. The movies themselves are classic.

The original film was quite a feat for its time. It was produced independently, as major studios didn't want to touch the cartoon property as recent attempts to do live action versions of cartoons hadn't gone well. However, they finally got distribution through New Line, which was a smaller studio than it is now. The plot is very basic, it explores the origins of the four turtles and their master Splinter, as well as their arch enemy, the Foot Clan. The turtles battle the evil Foot to stop them from taking over New York City, aided by human allies April O'Neil and Casey Jones. The movie is pure fun, basically a live action cartoon, and should be treated as such. The turtles themselves and Splinter were brought to life by puppet master Jim Henson's creature shop. While they may not be the most realistic suits and puppet, they do capture the essence and look of the '80s cartoon. While the movie was blasted by critics, it went on to become a massive success and is one of the top earning Independent films, even though it doesn't seem to make a lot of top lists but movies that earned less do. (maybe people just forget it's an indie film)

The Secret of the Ooze is a great follow up to the original. It takes off right after the end of the original film and continues the fun, cartoon style of the first. The plot involves an enemy finding the ooze that turned the turtles and Splinter into the large, intelligent creatures they are, a secret the enemy wants to use the ooze to take control of the city. It's another action packed, fun romp that features, among other things, a catchy Ninja rap song by Vanilla Ice.

Not gonna lie, Turtles in Time is actually kinda dumb. The plot is OK, but the script leaves a lot to be desired. The turtle suits still look pretty good, but the mouths move way too fast compared to the first two films. I think somebody sped up the film. New characters and new enemies are brought in that differ from previously seen characters. Though, most of them aren't that exciting or even fun. Much of the humor in this one failed to hit the mark with me. Unlike the first two discs, I doubt this one will get a lot of play time at my house. Still, I'm glad to have it, despite it not being as good a movie, and I will occasionally watch it.

For what it is, this is a good product. Unlike some people, I don't get all hung up on picture quality, etc. The movies look fine to me. Sure, the original is really grainy, but it was a 1990 independent film, so it should be grainy. To restore it to a point where it's not grainy may make people lose sight of just how inexpensively the movie was produced. I would like to see more special features, but there aren't really any. Still, owning all three movies in one box makes the set worth it, in my opinion. Five stars for the set, a must have for all of us '80s and '90s TMNT fans.
on December 14, 2014
Good to see that these movies are on Blu-ray. I watched them on tv when I was younger and every time I watched them, I would want to eat pizza. There is another Blu-ray boxed set which includes a fourth movie, I had never heard of it, but this Blu-ray edition is the one you want if you are/ were a fan of the original classic films.
on July 5, 2012
I've owned TMNT 1-3 on VHS since I was a kid in the early 90s, then bought the DVDs, now I own the set on blu-ray. It's no completely digitized restoration, but I would say the DVD version does not hold a candle to this. I just watched the first movie and currently watching the second.

Pros: More detail in the turtles' make-up and shell, the shredders costume & face, and splinter (the costumes look AMAZING compared to DVD). Any labels or products shown in the movie are more clear. A lot of people come out more clear in the movie. 5.1 surround audio compared to the original 2.0 audio. The second movie so far looks GREAT. The first was good as well.

Cons: Sometimes can notice a little fuzz or looks "dotty" (Noticed this more in the first movie than the second). The lighting and color can sometimes lack in vibrance ( what can you expect? thats how they were originally filmed in the 90s). Whoever redid this spent less time with detail on the less seen characters.

I may have some high expectations, but I will say that if you have a blu-ray player and plan to watch any of these movies in the future, then I would highly recommend purchasing this over DVDs.
on June 16, 2016
One of our movies didn't play at all. We didn't find this out right away because we watched it past the 30 return period. I guess we just got a bad set because this never happened to me before. So, in the future won't forget to inspect the dvds as soon as I get them.
on July 6, 2013
The entirety of the three Ninja Turtles movies from the 90's are here (the boring CG film TMNT is mercifully absent) but the only extras included are the theatrical trailers. You'd expect this from bargain DVDs, but this is bluray we're talking about here!