5.0 out of 5 stars What's the matter with the rest of you?
Published on August 29, 2003 by iamtired247

2.0 out of 5 stars he loved it....
Published on November 15, 2004 by Mom of 2 boys

5.0 out of 5 stars What's the matter with the rest of you?, August 29, 2003
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
Yes this toy has a lot of assembly required but look at the size of it, what did you expect? When I opened the box and started putting it together I was having tons of fun. Haven't you ever played with legos or blocks, building stuff is fun. Unless you're just too impatient and lazy to wait until you're done building it. The pieces in my set fit perfectly together and all the traps and secret weapons did work fine. The weapons fall of the wall though so that is true but come on, if they did stay on the wall you'd be complaining that the weapons would be "wearing form the stress of assembly". The instructions were fine, they were not vague at all. I mean, it tells you how to connect the parts exactly and it has pictures with arrows, if you can't figure that out what's wrong with you? The parts did not wear from the stress of assembly that's a lie. It was easy to fold up and I don't know why that guys walls fell off, he must have assembled it wrong. Once the set is complete it's hours of fun and I love it. This toy is everything I had expected and more, it's just as good as the originals but a little bit more sturdy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Before you assemble have Krazy Glue on hand, November 15, 2004
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
My son received this for his 5th birthday. It took me some time to put it together and keep it together. Fortunately I had glue on hand and once I glued it I was in business. As an adult the problem I have is the turtles don't really fit the sewer hole and my son can't close it alone.

From his point of view, he never wants to close it anyway so that doesn't matter. He pushes the turtle in the sewer hole and is not the least bit concerned that it should be easier as it is how they are supposed to get into their home.

Bottom line is HE LOVES IT!!!!

So have the glue ready and let your kids have a ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here!, January 3, 2004
Amazon Pro (Blandon, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
The first time I attempted to close up this playset it did fall apart on me, but only because I didn't take the time to make sure it snapped together! This playset is so much better that shown, and my 4 year old son is thrilled. Another great feature-when closed there is tons of room inside. We fit 8 figures, the sewer slide car, 2 motorcycles, and all the extra gear. Now all the turtle stuff has a home. Just snap on the lid and carry away! My 4 year old even packs it up himself and it ALL stays together. Best gift this Christmas!

2.0 out of 5 stars he loved it...., November 15, 2004
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
My son is in to the turtles big time! He has it all. Last year at christmas he saw this playset and had to have it. I thought what a great idea. Yes,it may take you a few minutes to put it together, but it was worth it, I thought. Its been almost a year and everytime, it never fails, he is yelling at me to come help him fix something on it, this wall came unsnapped, I tried to move it and the whole thing came apart,etc. It only takes a few times for that, before a 5 year old is done with it and moved on to something else to use his creative little mind on. Sounds like a great toy. Well I gave it 3 stars for fun, he loved it so much while it stayed together. Durability got 1 star because, after a 5 year old beats up shredder a few times on it,the durablity life is very slim. Boys are going to have a couple of ninja fights in this Lair, and if he is dying to have I say get it,but you may have to get creative and use glue to get the snaps to snap! it was fun while it lasted.

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy!, May 5, 2004
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
This is a great toy , however it is on sale for $9.99 at JC Penney.com! My 4 year old nephew loves the turtles! He loved when I bought him this play sets !He sat & played with it for hours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every TMNT fan needs one!!, June 1, 2004
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
I bought this for my 5 year old this spring. I got a great deal on clearance. The kids that come over to play love it. And best of all it folds up and has a handle so you can drag it around like a suitcase.
I thought the original price was a little much but after getting it out of the box I found out why. In our set we got 2 action figures, a vehicle, and various other NT Lair items.

5.0 out of 5 stars TMNT lair, October 22, 2003
By A Customer
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
I bought the lair for my 6 year old son. He loves playing with it, but becomes frustrated with it. Every time we try to close it up for carrying one of the side walls and the tracks fall off. The lid won't stay on securely either. If we do get it to stay together, the lid will pop off while your carrying it. It is a great toy if you don't need to move it around. My son has had hours of fun with it. The vehicles are much more sturdy however.

5.0 out of 5 stars great lair., December 19, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
this thing is huge but just the parts do stay together just check the pins a couple of times or use super glue and it's fine it's kinda hard to turn it into a lair then a carrying case but other than that mine's ok the only thing that gets messed up is the couch maybe but usually it's good and i haven't had any problems with it falling apart when i'm playing with it either.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves It!, January 12, 2004
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
My son just turned 5. He loves it. It stays in one place, so it doesn't have to be too durable or transportable. He's pretty hard on it and its holding up well. Lots of features and gadgets keep him busy. I've bought it for $..., so shop around. I highly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IT ROCKS!, July 12, 2003
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset (Toy)
...ITS GREAT!Its a toy,not a tank to be shipped out to war!Its durable,its fun.I mean if your an "adult" you expect too much.It wonderful and the TMNT ROCK!Any kid can understand that .Parents and adults expect it to live through the end of the world!It great though,worth EVERY penny!Its super cool and I love making fight scenes ,rescues,and just the turtles and April hanging out!And Im a girl!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtle Playset