Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on May 27, 2014
I only played the single player portion of the game so the review will only reflect that:

Pros:
-switch between any of the characters
-Decent Graphics
-HQ has some great features, the arcade play is a good time killer and the dojo lets you try out your combos
-Steam version
-Humorous turtle commentary

Cons:
-Graphics shouldve been stepped up a little more for PC.
-On chapter 4 and have not had any great wow moments
-Story is mundane
-Should be able to play as April & that hockey dude I forgot his name
-Upgradeable weapons are only shown when doing special moves
-Some cutscenes are long after a death in order to play again
-no wow moments yet
-odd look to the turtles, what happened to the classic look?
-Some fights are far too long. Fighting that ninja chick does not have enough powerups and way too many guys to be a satisfying experience.
-Some powerups are noclipped
-Comic book cutscenes

I was able to purchase this game for around the price it is on sale now. I do not regret purchasing it at all. I also have had a fairly enjoyable time with the combos and being able to use any of the four turtles. I am a little dissapointed with Raph's moves but as im upgrading him he has some nice finishing combos. I also really do not like the comic book addition to the game. I know this one is based more on the comic books and TV series, I just don't think it adds anything. im not finished completely with the game but as of right now I really want a level with the Turtle van or something that just adds that extra dimension to the game.
on January 14, 2014
I like the game, the characters, and the graphics. The controls are easy to learn and the combat is fun.
The only problem I have, and it's a big problem, is the co op.
I got this game in hopes to play co ops with my friend. After several tries of getting it to work I decided to Google a solution to the problem and found that EVERYONE was having the same problem. NOONE can seem to get to play co ops, probably because the game itself has a bug.
Of coarse I was very disappointed and hope that this problem can be fixed soon.
on June 23, 2014
Similar fighting style to the batman games. A classic beat em up with an arcade version in the game as well. The fighting style got some taking use to but after practicing in the dojo it was simple. I recommend it to anyone who likes TMNT. I also recommend you adjust the camera. There is a forum in steam with the simple directions on how to do just that,
I don't often complain about a game's being too hard, but in this case I have to. I bought the game expecting it to be like the old TMNT brawlers on Nintendo - fun, easy to learn, and gradually providing challenge. However, this game is loaded with combos, and moreover it seems like you have to learn all of the combos very well to advance. I still can't beat the boss of the third level. And I consider myself a decent gamer.

Some of it is difficulty, but some of it is also a bad control scheme. Reviving your called characters is more difficult than expected, as you have to stand right near the character and occasionally the button doesn't work. Also, the characters don't share items, so one of them might have 20 pizzas to revive characters and another have none, but you can't transfer pizzas between them.

That said, it's a beautiful art style for the Turtles - probably the best they've ever looked in a realistic style. The voice acting works well and the stages set the atmosphere well.

Overall, there's a lot to like in this game, but I wish it had been kept simpler like the original SNES games. I might get more out of the game if I put more time into it and become better, but I just don't have the time to spare.
on October 28, 2014
Horrible is all I can say. Not very intuitive for the novice that simply wanted to try a new TMNT game. Lets face it... There aren't many out there. Was very disappointed with the slowness of the download. Once complete, between the "flashing" of the screen, the graphics might have been okay. I got tired of trouble shooting.... They got me! NEVER AGAIN.
on October 8, 2013
It's a fun game, the combat looks cool, even if you're just clicking stuff. Sometimes I couldn't find the way to go right away, and overall the game was pretty short, but I think if you really played a lot you could learn to really master the game and it would be a lot of fun.

Once I stumbled through the first level or two and then practiced a bit the game was pretty easy, but I definitely could see how I could improve my own playing if I really wanted to spend the time on it.

I would recommend a console version if you have the option because the PC version could have better controls and responsiveness.

I'd buy it again for $15 for sure.
on October 2, 2013
Funny.
It reminds me of childhood's memory.
Various skills of each turtles and some jokes made me feel like playing real tmnt game.

But some bugs and short volume makes me give it s bad score.
on May 24, 2014
In my opinion the best Turtle game to date. I am bummed that the online is broken but the everything else makes up for it. Old school story and music, very comical back and forth between the turtles, and skill trees! Totally worth the money
on February 22, 2014
I loved the graphics, I loved the gameplay and I liked the storyline. You gradually learn new skills and moves that keep the game interesting and fun. I also loved that you can play the campaign in a 2 player split screen or a 4 player arcade version. I would have rated it a 5 but the game seemed a bit short. Overall, I would recommend it.
on August 4, 2014
Great Game It does have multiplayer

Also has a game like the classic arcade