Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 2, 2012
Since there aren't any pictures for this book, I'll list the patterns below. There are 5 main sections to the book with some short how-to's at the end. The sections are:

1. Flying Friends which includes mama and baby bird, owl, butterflies, robin, ducks, lovebirds
2. Furry Friends includes the 3 bears, fuzzy dog, wiener dog, cat, mouse, mama and baby bunny, sheep, piglet
3. Home Sweet Home includes sushi, cake and tart, mini cupcakes, flower box and pot with doilies, carrots in basket, fruit bowl, and sweets
4. Pretty Things has Russian dolls, tiny flowers bracelet, snowflake garland, snowman, decoration cover, eggs and chick, tiny bead bracelet, 4 leaf clover key chain, gingerbread cottage.
5. Tiny Friends has fish with net, dolphin, doll, snail, ladybugs, caterpillar

Whoa, some of these items are so adorable! I love the little flower box and pot with doilies, it's just so tiny and cute. Also, the tiny flowers bracelet is sweet for a little girl. The gingerbread cottage is special as you could use any colors to coordinate with a room in your house (or it would be a great housewarming gift). The animals are well, cute. Some of them though are a bit odd looking, but nothing that a little change in the embroidery wouldn't help. For instance, I don't like the 3 bears' noses, but that's just me and would be easy to do differently.

I like that this book has so much variety; there is a lot here for your buck with 35 projects ranging from animals to things for your home. As you can see, though, about 2/3 of the book concentrates on animal or bug patterns.

The patterns are clear and the layout of the book is charming. The 3 bears have 3 little blankets that go with them (and these blankets show an attention to detail in that they are each made with different stitches - striped, granny, and rose squares for mom, of course). I love the little baskets, bowls, nests, balls, nets, ponds, and other stuff scattered throughout. Oh, and the sheep have this really neat grass square that they stand on.

When considering this book, keep in mind that these really are all tiny, not just smallish, so they will crochet up fast and you definitely won't need a ton of yarn. All in all, a good addition to the world of tiny crocheted stuff.

EDIT: I should have mentioned this earlier, but many of these patterns use #5 crochet cotton which helps to keep the projects tiny. Of course, you could use regular yarn for a slightly different outcome. :-)
on August 19, 2012
I saw this book sitting on the shelf on my local JoAnn for a few weeks. I would flip through it and then decide on something else instead. I did end up buying it and immediately kicked myself for not buying it sooner.

There are a TON of fun projects in this book that work up quickly due to their size. Lots of good pictures, easy-to-follow instructions. Some of the end results pictured look a little silly, but they can be "fixed" with the final embroidery.

The book calls for embroidery thread and a tiny steel hook, but I switched it to sport weight and an E hook with great results (still tiny but big enough that my daughter won't cram it down her throat).

I've bought some real stinkers of amigurumi books (hello, Happy Cute. I'm calling you out) but this one is a winner. It's one that I pull out and use quite often. Money well spent!
on July 15, 2015
There are some really cute projects in this book! I don't make them "teeny tiny" as suggested in the title, instead I use them with your more "normal" sized crochet hook and yarn. The end product is the same, just larger and still super adorable! Most of the directions are easy for me to follow, and I have only been crocheting 4 months or so. I have made several items from this book.
on February 5, 2015