Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$27.42+ $3.99 shipping

on November 28, 2011
I owned TTT on PS2 back in the day. I have fond memories because it was a launch title. That game is still fun to this day, and with the HD make-over it looks great. I am happy to say that everything is unlocked, since I owned it originally on the PS2, I for sure did not want to re-do all the unlocking again. TTT bowling is great, but not a huge ordeal for me if they don't include it, but is nice that they retained it. But then again to me the game is only worth say $20 since the game is 11 years old. The movie Blood Vengance looks great and there are 2 special features on the making of. I thought the movie was a bit boring. I fell asleep during the climatic ending. The fights looked cool, but could care less about the story. I wish they would've added a Tekken documentary of some sort, like the history of the series. The movie itself would be worth no more that $10 bucks and should be for HARDCORE Tekken fans. The final part of the bundle is TTT2 demo. That's all there is. 4 characters, which last maybe an hour or two playing it, not much meat and not really worth anything in my opinion. I think a good price for this would be $30 bucks. At the retail of $40 is too much for what you get. Ultimately all I really wanted was TTT in HD, If they only offered that as a PSN download it, because all the other stuff I could live without.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 6, 2011
I'll start off by saying I'm not a hardcore Tekken fan. It's one of my favorite fighting games and I do own Tekken 2 (PSone), Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSN/PSP) and Tekken 6, but I'm not a hardcore fan - I don't know the complete movelist, play it for hours in the arcade or unlock every single item/play hundreds of hours at home. If that's you, the game may appeal to you more than it did to me.

Tekken Hybrid comes as a "bundle" - it includes an HD version of Tekken Tag Tournament, a 3D/HD version of Tekken: Blood Vengeance and a demo of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

First thing you'll notice, this doesn't load like a normal game-disc. This is a "Hybrid" disc, mixing a standard Blu-Ray (meaning you can put this disc into your non-PS3 blu-ray player and watch the movie) and a game disc (with the game/demo). On a PS3, all 3 options are available (to watch the movie, move the XMB to "Video" and select "Tekken Blood Vengeance" - To play the games, move the XMB to GAME, select TEKKEN HYBRID and from the sub-menu, select TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT HD or TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 PROLOGUE.

I will say I was disappointed that the 2 game options BOTH require you to install the content before being able to play. Total size is 2,443 MB (almost 2.5GB), and they DO require you to have the disc in to play.

Starting off with Tekken Tag Tournament:
The game looks surprisingly good! The CG sequences look decent (keep in mind they're 12 years old!) and the game itself looks good. The character models show age, but they really cleaned the game up nicely. If you were a fan of it, you'll really appreciate this upgrade. It also takes full advantage of widescreen on an HDTV. Note that all bonus content has been unlocked from the start (unlike the original game). Note that Tekken Tag is NOT presented in 3D.

The movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance runs 92 minutes and features both a 2D and 3D version (3D version requires a 3DTV). Audio is in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch (Japanese or English). Subtitles include: Japanese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean and Chinese. The box only mentions English/French/Spanish, so I thought it was worth noting the others are included. There is no region coding listed on the box.

Extras include:
Special Discussion w/ Katsuhiro Harada and Dai Sato, This Is Tekken: Behind the Scenes. Teaser Trailer (Japanese/English) and Trailer (Japanese/English). Runtime of the features is 38 minutes, and are in Japanese w/ optional subtitles (all from the movie (listed above) seem to apply to the features). Special features are also in HD.

The movie was the selling point for me - I'm a sucker for 3D Movies, I liked tekken (casual fan), and despite not caring too much for the other content (demo/game), they were a nice bonus for me.

Unfortunately, I found the movie to be a bit boring through most of it - I won't go too into it, but the movie description makes it sound a lot more exciting than it really is.

The visuals of the movie are great - they really put a lot of time/effort into making it look good, and it really shines in HD (other than this set, the only option to get the movie is on DVD: Tekken: Blood Vengeance ). The visuals in 3D, however, take it to another level! The majority of 3D comes in the form of "depth" (so you can see into the background) not so much "Pop out" (most of the noticeable popout comes in the form of smoke, glass, wood chips, rain and other elements. There are a couple popout moments (like the chainsaw) that look great, but these are somewhat far apart).
The 3D does vary a bit from shot to shot - some look incredible, seeing many layers of depth for their arm (closest to camera), their hair, their face, their other arm, the background.. at other times it seems more like a 2D image (background) with a single 3D layer in front of it (character). Sometimes you'll even see a background that looks like a 2D image with a character part of it, and only the other character is in 3D on a different layer). It looks a bit odd, especially when so much of it looks GREAT - fortunately those scenes are far apart. Colors and clarity are outstanding, so even on a 2D display you're in for a treat. There are also times when it feels like something SHOULD be popping out, but it doesn't really reach past the TV screen.
3D isn't necessary to enjoy it, but it does increase the experience. I think the trailer (showing purely action sequences) is what let me down - the first hour of the movie has very little action in it.

Finally, we've got Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Prologue.
I wasn't too sure what to expect with this - was it like Gran Turismo Prologue where it has quite a bit of content? Unfortunately, no. This is much more of a demo than anything else.
Included are only a demo of ARCADE mode (4 characters selectable - Alisa, Xiaoyu, Devil Jin and Kazuya). The graphic and gameplay improvement here is definitely visible over the first game (but that's totally expected). The demo is fun and gets me excited for the full release, but this is really just a demo.
This demo is presented in both 2D and 3D (select-able via options). The characters in the demo play a part in the included movie, which was a nice "tie-in" between the two.

Overall, this seems a bit like a forced bundle - I only wanted the movie (in HD/3D), I know some bought this game JUST FOR the demo, and I'm sure there are some who would have loved Tekken Tag HD for 10-bucks as a PSN download. It seems that rather than going the "split" way (10-dollar PSN Tekken Teg HD, 30-dollar Tekken movie 3D Blu-Ray, Free PSN game demo download) they decided to bundle it all and sell it as a single item.

While it is fun, it's hard to justify an "Almost full prices game" price for a 12-year-old HD upgrade, a "not too great" 3D/Blu-Ray movie and a game demo. At 30-bucks, I'd say go for it. At 40-60 bucks (Standard edition / Limited edition), it's a bit harder to recommend.

Overall, I don't see myself watching the movie more than 1-2 times, I'll play the Tekken HD game with friends and the demo once in a while. Hardcore fans may feel different about this.
on November 23, 2011
Having played Tekken since the PlayStation One, I knew I would have to get this. It's been about 11 years since the release of Tekken Tag Tournament for the PS2, and you can tell the difference that the HD has on this game. It looks good for it's age! The characters have a cleaner look, but the backgrounds still look the same in my opinion. The only complaint that I have is that all of the unlockable characters are unlocked, which makes playing the arcade mode of the game seem pointless.

Tekken bowling is back! A classic mini game, still fun to this day!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Prologue was one of my main reasons for buying this bundle. The game play is awesome and the characters look amazing too. Only four playable characters though (Devil Jin, Devil Kazuya, Xiaoyu, and Alisa), all of which had a part in the Tekken movie that was included.

And finally, we have the Tekken: Blood Vengeance 3D & 2D CG movie. I believe this movie was made for the hardcore fans of the series ONLY! I loved it every minute of it. The CG looks amazing, and the crazy action is unbeatable.

Overall, I give this bundle a 5 stars, just for the HD and re-release of a classic game, a look and demo at one of the newest installments, and an action packed movie all in one Blu-Ray disc!
on July 12, 2016
This is currently the only way to get Tekken Blood Vengeance in hd and with 3d. Bundling it with a hd remake of Tekken Tag Tournament was a good and unique idea, but there is no point in playing it if you already have tekken tag tournament 2. Comes with a Tekken TT2 demo with blood vengeance theme, but as stated earlier kind of pointless. If you are still interested, this is currently the only way you can get it. Keep in mind you can play the movie with any blu ray player, it doesn't have to be a PS3 unless you want to play the games. All 3 of them are on 1 blu ray disc, no digital code needed. The 2 games will need to make a install onto your ps3 though.

Movie wise, I enjoyed it even though the pacing was bad. The 3 way fighting scene was also very fun to watch and graphics was on point. One thing that you will notice that might turn some people off. Is most of the screen time is going to the girls, especially Alisa Bosconovitch and Ling Xiaoyu. Regardless, I didn't mind at all because the chemistry and story progression with them was absolutely cute! Definitely worth the 20$ for just the movie alone, the other 2 games are just extras depending on your situation.
on January 8, 2014
I purchased this as a Christmas present for a friend. We had a spending limit so this Tekken game fit within our budget, even though Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is already out. The game is fun, but if you've played TTT2, then you'll feel like the roster is a bit empty. The movie is pretty cool though.

I'd just spend the extra money and buy the newer game though. There's more people to fight with.
on June 13, 2015
This was the first ps2 game I bought during its launch. It looked beautiful back then and the hd makes it more brighter and alive. I will say I am a tekken hardcore fan (Began since 2 came out) Well to play this you must install the gane first (you dont need to install the movie) I wont go through the movie since its non cannon and honestly nothing of it is really important so ill talk about this hd version. the hd is definitely there. the game modes... there isnt any... I believe one is even missing which doesnt involve tag team but single battle (its a bummer) but the game is a all time classic. Its worth about 20 bucks but I got this for a total of 10 bucks. so finding a cheap used copy is more recommended. Brought bacj memories, that is did.
on December 31, 2012
My intention for buying this "Hybrid" was to get the Tekken Tag Tourniment HD edition for PS3 as I no longer own a PS2 and it's (currently) not available on the playstation network. The movie was visually impressive but had a very weak and rather jaring story, and I couldn't understand why it focused aroung Ling Xiaoyu and Alisa. With the addition of a new character, Shin Kamiya, who comes completely out of left field with no prior history in any of the older video games, the movie seems borderline "fan fiction" as a lot of characters seem to be taken comepletely out ot their original story arks in the video games.

Still worth the $20.00 for TTT HD, and thanks to the free Demo of TTT2 I was able to hunt down and purchase that game as well.
on December 26, 2012
I'll start saying that I bought this for the movie in the first place and as far as it is concerned, I just loved it!!... Both 2D and 3D presentation of the film!!... I have no words to explain what an incredible experience it is to watch the film!!... Yeah, it doesn't have great plot nor great character development (except maybe for Alysa).. but its action sequences are breath-taking!!... And let's face it, why else would you want to watch a Tekken film?... hehehehe
As for the game... I already owned TTT but the HD treatment here makes it look fantastic!!... my brother's having a great time playing it... now, the TTT2-Prologue... well, it really is a prologue or mini-prologue should I say?... I has 4 playable characters: Alysa, Ling Xiaoyu, Kazuya Mishima (demon form) and Devil Jin (complete form)... not too much to have fun with...
Cool thing is that you can play the movie using your usual bluray player as well as your PS3 console.

All in all, is a good buy in my opinion... but as I said: For Hardcore Fans mostly...
on March 27, 2016
You get a remake of Tekken Tag Tournament, the Tekken movie and a demo of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 starring the two main stars of the Tekken movie and two of the final bad guys of the Tekken movie. It's awesome and a lot of bang of the buck, what more do you need to read? Buy it already. :)
on February 21, 2015
Bought this thinking it was the 3D game, it only has a preview of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which IS THE 3D one. So if you are looking for 3D get TTT2. That was my error though I guess since it was not clear, I assumed since it had 3D on the case it was the 3D game. TTT2 is amazing though so I recommend that one.

See 1 answered question